TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sterling Grey Hood Struts

Seabee

Looking to get hood struts for my Sterling Grey GT500.

On Cal Pony Cars website they say they make them in all OEM colors available. have not been able to find them in Sterling Grey. Called Cal Pony Cars, whole sale only and TECH claims Sterling Grey is the same as the Vapor Silver. Anyone compare the 2?

Got a response back from Ford and this was the Ford Customer Relationship responded:

In reference to your inquiry, please take note that the Sterling Gray color uses the paint code UJ and Vapor Clearcoat Metallic while the Vapor Silver has a paint code ZY. As such, these are two different colors, as for the specific differences with paints, I regret to inform you that it would be hard to determine as they may look similar. The Sterling Gray replaced the Vapor Silver in 2010 when the body change was implemented. The paints are both metallic although the Vapor Silver is also referred to as a pearlescent which may hint at some of the differences between the Sterling Gray and Vapor Silver.

So, anyone compare the 2 colors? If they are that different, what have others done for hood strut colors? I would say Black, possibly?

Thanks.

I have vapor silver installed on my sterling grey, I will get pictures asap but it matches perfect.

Post pics please, I have been looking too. Been driving me nuts to see l colors but sterling.

I was mistaken, they are actually a little lighter than sterling grey.

IMAG0495.jpg

IMAG0498.jpg

IMAG0497.jpg

IMAG0496.jpg

This is a very easy and reasonibably priced mod (for once). Looks good and very useful.

Finished mine in aobut 20 minutes. Needed assistance with holding the hood up higher in order to get everything hooked up. No biggie and looks very nice.

Thanks for the pictures. Looks close enough, might be a quick and easy mod to do. Would look better if it was the exact match, but I think will look better than Black one. Thanks for the pictures.

Pete

If you search this has been an on going problem with these painted struts. They are all ignoring cars built after 2009 which is totally absurd and I cant believe a company is willing to simply close the book on new customers with the new 2010, 2011 and 2012 colors. I sorta hope they go under for this sort of thinking. :finger:

If you search this has been an on going problem with these painted struts. They are all ignoring cars built after 2009 which is totally absurd and I cant believe a company is willing to simply close the book on new customers with the new 2010, 2011 and 2012 colors. I sorta hope they go under for this sort of thinking. :finger:

Umm...Grabber Blue was new for 2010+ cars and it's available on these hood struts??? So......

I cant believe a company is willing to simply close the book on new customers with the new 2010, 2011 and 2012 colors.

typo 2011-2012

Grabber Blue is also available in 2011 and 2012. So your original statement is still slightly incorrect.

Oh gosh I knew someone wouldn't get it. So maybe this will be more clear.

I cant believe a company is willing to simply close the book on new customers with the new 2010, 2011 and 2012 colors.

Get it?

Oh gosh I knew someone would get it. So maybe this will be more clear.

Get it?

Finally got it. Lol

All the sunshine up here is making my focus soft. Heh heh

Archived