TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Product Announcement: Shelby GT500 Brake Duct Kit Now Available

robertlane

Shelby GT500 (07-09) Front Brake Duct Kit

S7M-2005-C-2.jpg

Designed by Shelby American for usage on the 2007-2009 Shelby GT500 (including KR and SuperSnake), our front brake duct kit is perfect for racing situations. The backing plates are made from aluminum and powder coated black. The plates themselves feature the famous "CS" logo, which is laser cut into each side.

Our GT500 front brake duct kit was designed to direct cooler air from the outside to the front brakes to reduce brake temperatures, which results in:

• Longer wheel bearing life.

• Longer brake pad and rotor life.

• Cooler brake temperatures.

This kit includes all necessary hardware, however, will require the usage of the GT500KR lower grille, which can be found here. They also require GT500KR lower grille bezels, which can be found here.

Applications:

2007-2009 Shelby GT500, GT500KR and SuperSnake.

Order Information:

Click here to order or call 702.405.3500

Installation Instructions:

Click here to download installation instructions.

Genuine Shelby American

Release date:

New product release: 06 April 2011.

Made in the U.S.A.

Can you explain the difference to this kit versus the KR kit that ford designed for these cars?

This one has that COOL "CS" cut into it!

Oh, and it's aluminum...And the hoses are black...And....Uhhhhh, ummmmm, errrrrr.......

Actually Ford Racing just came out with a updated version of the one the KR's came with. It has 3" duct hoses and it uses the foglamp openings for inlets so there's no cutting into the grille but you do lose your foglights (frankly, I don't track MY car on foggy days!). And the foglamp openings are larger than the 3" hoses so you get a "funnel" or "ram air" effect from them and they are located in a high pressure area of the facia so they should work CONSIDERABLY better than the old style.

I have one of the old style FRPP brake duct kits, brand new sitting in a unopened box on my parts shelf along with the Shelby Grille Bezels that I may likely end up selling to get the newer FRPP 3" version (vs. the older 2" version) and forego my foglamps for cooler brakes.

I think the 2" versions are all pretty much obsolete now that FRPP stepped up a notch!

But maybe that's just me,

Phill

When will someone come out with a kit for the 2010-11 GT500's?

They have a kit that they use on the 2010 and newer Super Snakes but they seem to be keeping them super secret.

I"ve asked a NUMBER of times if they are or ever will be available to the general public, if there are pictures of them someplace, if they are available from some other vender, etc. and to date I have been totally ignored by SPP on the subject.

They use inlets that sit just behind the front splitter and the openings point downward vs frontward. I've seen them in person when I went to Shelby/LV but only on the cars, not in a picture to see what they actually look like. And you can't get a very good view of them laying on the ground looking under a lowered SS.

Take notice of any pictures of a 2010+ SS and you don't see brake duct holes in the lower grille...That's why.

Phill

This one has that COOL "CS" cut into it!

Oh, and it's aluminum...And the hoses are black...And....Uhhhhh, ummmmm, errrrrr.......

Actually Ford Racing just came out with a updated version of the one the KR's came with. It has 3" duct hoses and it uses the foglamp openings for inlets so there's no cutting into the grille but you do lose your foglights (frankly, I don't track MY car on foggy days!). And the foglamp openings are larger than the 3" hoses so you get a "funnel" or "ram air" effect from them and they are located in a high pressure area of the facia so they should work CONSIDERABLY better than the old style.

I have one of the old style FRPP brake duct kits, brand new sitting in a unopened box on my parts shelf along with the Shelby Grille Bezels that I may likely end up selling to get the newer FRPP 3" version (vs. the older 2" version) and forego my foglamps for cooler brakes.

I think the 2" versions are all pretty much obsolete now that FRPP stepped up a notch!

But maybe that's just me,

Phill

Do you have a part # for the 3"?

Do you have a part # for the 3"?

Sure:

P/N: M-2004-MB

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12491

Pic attached:

Phill

post-26522-0-31561200-1302116997_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-31561200-1302116997_thumb.jpg

Archived