TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Broken Bunny, (Well, just a wee bit)....

Blip

Living on rough gravel roads combined with my desire to drive the Link-mobile as much as possible is starting

to have bad side effects.

Here's the latest lil' bit to fall off--it's the metal plate that holds the gas cap lid closed to the magnets. Discovered it had come loose

after the "check gas cap" light came on Sunday. Also ordered a replacement gas cap too as it no longer seals tight--causing the check light.

Parts guy said this is not an uncommon replacement issue for newer Mustangs.

Any recommendations as to what adhesive I should use to re-attach the strike plate to the lid?

IMG_2597.jpg

JB Weld, fixes everything!

How was it attached?

Doc Scott

Looking on the back, you can see the outline of some type of dried out adhesive.

Thanks for the recommendation--would I more likely find it at an auto parts store or hardware/farm supply store?

Looking on the back, you can see the outline of some type of dried out adhesive.

Thanks for the recommendation--would I more likely find it at an auto parts store or hardware/farm supply store?

A car wash! :hysterical2:

Wash that bunny, please... It's so purdy!

Guess that dirt road doesn't help... :banghead:

Naaa, no bath for Link. :D

He's a dust bunny that lives on the wild country gravel roads of rural Mizzou. :hysterical:

With all the wind around here, as soon as you finish with the hose, the dust starts to build right up again. :banghead:

I'm just glad he is Orange, (and not black), as that color kind of hides some of the dirt.

Naaa, no bath for Link. :D

He's a dust bunny that lives on the wild country gravel roads of rural Mizzou. :hysterical:

With all the wind around here, as soon as you finish with the hose, the dust starts to build right up again. :banghead:

I'm just glad he is Orange, (and not black), as that color kind of hides some of the dirt.

I like that...

... a dust bunny! :hysterical2:

I see what you mean. And the orange is good with hiding dust.

Good luck with the gas cap.

:salute:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, looks like the new gas cap did not correct the "gas cap" warning light problem. Local Ford service department said to give is a few driving cycles

to "learn" the correction, but light is still on, so may have other fuel system issues.

And, of course, all that driving has added more "local color" to the Dust Bunny. :D

(It will never stay clean.)

IMG_2600.jpg

As I'm another guy that lives off of a dirt road- I like it! The dirt gives the car more character. I was out running errands one day with my wife, who is also somewhat of a car person, and she thought the extra dirt made my car look more menacing. The more I thought about, I agreed.

Well, looks like the new gas cap did not correct the "gas cap" warning light problem. Local Ford service department said to give is a few driving cycles

to "learn" the correction, but light is still on, so may have other fuel system issues.

And, of course, all that driving has added more "local color" to the Dust Bunny. :D

(It will never stay clean.)

IMG_2600.jpg

What part of Missouri are you in I have a place on Table Rock Lake around Golden Missouri

Thanks for the info! Couldn't find anything obvious to my untrained eyes, so off it will go to the dealership for a service call.

(It's still showing the warning light.)

Dennis429--I'm up in the west-central part of the state (Lafayette County) about 45 miles east of Kansas City.

• 1 month later...

Just realized I had not finished out this thread. The "Link-mobile" is back to normal, well as normal as any Mustang can be with a big silver Bunny on the hood. :hysterical:

It had sat for several weeks as we dodged a spell of bad weather we had in the mid-plains, (even had a small twister touchdown just a mile away while I was hiding in the basement--thankfully no damage, but that was the same day Sedalia got hit). So anyways, I decided to start it up last week and the code/light has cleared itself, so guess it did take a few drive cycles to relearn and erase the error code. Waahoo!!! :happy feet:

Just realized I had not finished out this thread. The "Link-mobile" is back to normal, well as normal as any Mustang can be with a big silver Bunny on the hood. :hysterical:

It had sat for several weeks as we dodged a spell of bad weather we had in the mid-plains, (even had a small twister touchdown just a mile away while I was hiding in the basement--thankfully no damage, but that was the same day Sedalia got hit). So anyways, I decided to start it up last week and the code/light has cleared itself, so guess it did take a few drive cycles to relearn and erase the error code. Waahoo!!! :happy feet:

"Just realized I had not finished out this thread. The "Link-mobile" is back to normal, well as normal as any Mustang can be with a big silver Bunny on the hood. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Yep would'nt have it anyother way except maybe my big Black rabbit on the hood or a yellow one perhaps LMAO - :shift:

That is great news the link mobile is ready to rumble again!

Take care my friend,

David

Archived