TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheel Idea for 2011 SVTPP GT500

ASO544

I've been trying to decide if I wanted to have my 20" rear SVTPP wheels widened to 11" so I could put on a wider/sticker rear tire but I hate the idea of doing this to the factory wheel. Now I think I may go a different route but need some help.

I was looking at going with the FORD RACING 2011 SHELBY GT500 19 INCH FORGED TRACK PACK REAR WHEEL -- M-1007-SA1910.

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/2011_SHELBY_GT500_19_INCH_TRACK_PACK_WHEEL_p/m-1007-sa1910.htm

My question is if I use this wheel and leave it at 10" or widened it to 11". What would be a good tire/size to run as far as width and to also recoupe the lost 1" of wheel diameter but still keep the same factory levelness of the car in the rear. I would think being able to run a fatter sidewall would be a benefit.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I've been trying to decide if I wanted to have my 20" rear SVTPP wheels widened to 11" so I could put on a wider/sticker rear tire but I hate the idea of doing this to the factory wheel. Now I think I may go a different route but need some help.

I was looking at going with the FORD RACING 2011 SHELBY GT500 19 INCH FORGED TRACK PACK REAR WHEEL -- M-1007-SA1910.

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/2011_SHELBY_GT500_19_INCH_TRACK_PACK_WHEEL_p/m-1007-sa1910.htm

My question is if I use this wheel and leave it at 10" or widened it to 11". What would be a good tire/size to run as far as width and to also recoupe the lost 1" of wheel diameter but still keep the same factory levelness of the car in the rear. I would think being able to run a fatter sidewall would be a benefit.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I've been looking at the exact same setup and haven't made any real progress. I want to widen as far as I can go but I haven't been able to determine how wide is too wide with the SVT PP suspension setup. I myself was aiming to not have to cut into the dust boot or make any permanent changes. It's a pain that FRP doesn't offer the 20 inch rim. I'll let you know if I discover anything...as of right now, there aren't many tires I've found that match the criteria that you specify in terms of matching overall diameter.

I've been looking at the exact same setup and haven't made any real progress. I want to widen as far as I can go but I haven't been able to determine how wide is too wide with the SVT PP suspension setup. I myself was aiming to not have to cut into the dust boot or make any permanent changes. It's a pain that FRP doesn't offer the 20 inch rim. I'll let you know if I discover anything...as of right now, there aren't many tires I've found that match the criteria that you specify in terms of matching overall diameter.

+1

• 2 months later...

I have done a ton of reserch on this from buying a set of factory SVT PP wheels and tires. Can tell you that the 20 inch rears have a flatter spoke so they do not clear the Baer/Shelby Extreme brakes :banghead:

Have a fellow member send me a FRPP 19x10 wheel to try and it cleared the brakes fine in both front and rear. The wheel had about a 1/8 inch clearance to the strut on my FRPP suspension. I know of two members running these in the front with 275x35x19's with no problem. As far as the rear I had about 1.5 inches of clearance to the shock boot and 2 inches to the inner fender panel.

I found that I am very limited in options as I want to run Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I thought about the 315x35x20 for the original SVT PP wheel but it is 28.7 which might be too tall and would need to widen the 20x9.5 to 20x11. Since the wheel would not clear the brakes (1/4 inch spacer needed) that was out of the question.

I am left with the FRPP wheels. Now I know the 19x10’s clear the brakes so I am left with which tires. I mounted a 275x35x19 on the 10 and fit fine and cleared but thought the rim was just a bit too wide for the tire.

Since I cannot find a pair of 19x9.5 wheels and not sure if color would match the FRPP wheels. I think I am going to get 4 of the FRPP 19x10’s and widen 2 of them to 19x11 and put 305x30x19’s on the them. This tire is 26.3 tall. Would be nice if Michelin made a 305 or 315x35x19. So it is a bit shorter than the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 285x40x18 now on the car. Spec for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar say 27 for this tire but measures out at 26.75. For the fronts I am going to narrow them to the 19x9.5 and run the 275x35x19’s. It is still cheaper to narrow and blend these than to buy 19x9.5’s from Ford. They are .3 taller than the rear but when I measured the factory set up the fronts are a 1/8 of an inch taller even though specs say they are the same.

I agree it would be nice if FRPP made these wheels in the 9.5 and 11 inch sizes as that seem to be what people want but we are left to do it ourselves. :headscratch:

FRPP is currently testing a wider version (even wider than their 19" x 10" offering). as we speak. It may or may not happen. I've been hounding them for some time now about it...

FRPP is currently testing a wider version (even wider than their 19" x 10" offering). as we speak. It may or may not happen. I've been hounding them for some time now about it...

D@#$ it!!! Wish I would have known this BEFORE I bought 4 of the 19x10 wheels. I would have waited, Anyway, on the rear I am using BFG KDW2 295/35/19 on the 10". It is the same dia. as stock at 27". I am hoping that a year or 2 from now there will be a wider selection of 19" tires since there are more 19" wheels being stock on cars nowadays. Then I will widen to about 11.5" and use a wider 19" tire in rear.

I have done a ton of reserch in this from buying a set of factory SVT PP wheels and tires. Can tell you that the 20 inch rears have a flatter spoke so they do not clear the Baer/Shelby Extreme brakes.

Are you referring to FRONT brake clearance using 20" SVTPP wheels or the rear?

I just about ordered 4 of the 19x10's. Called Ford Racing last week and they were closed due to a power outage. Will try again this week and see what I can find out. Problem in the past is they do not seem to know for sure if they will have something till it is in there wharehouse. Sure would be nice if I did not need pay to have the 19x10's modified to 19x11's.

Talked to FRPP today and was told he would double check. Came back and said they have nothing wider in the works. :banghead:

Archived