TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Illinios Events

svttim

10am at 1202 75th st. Downers Grove, IL

Advance auto parts parking lot

Free car show with trophies

mustangs and fast fords only.

Bring a new-unused toy for a free raffel ticket.

Chicago Mustang Club

Hey Chicagoland Shelby Fans! This is a great event that will bring smiles to children's faces at the Chicago Memorial Children's Hospital. Donate a toy and you receive a chance to win some amazing prizes including a few items donated by the Carroll Shelby Foundation autographed by Carroll Shelby himself!

http://www.chicagola...-Season-Opener!

Thanks for the info "SGT."

I just changed flight reservations so I could make this one.

Friday night (5/18th) is Downers Grove's first Car Show on Main Street, so CMC's Saturday event is perfect timing as a follow-up. :yahoo:

I will try and spread the word.

-QC

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have posted on the general forum a call for Shelby's to turn out for the Memorial Day parade in Aurora, IL for a tribute to Carroll Shelby. Anyone interested PM me or call 630-329-5563.

Thanks gtup 1. I am sure glad I have you Illinois members to keep us up on the latest info. This sounds like something we all should be part of!

Here is the link to all the info. Can we meet up before and cruise in together?

http://www.aurora-il.org/detail_news.php?newsDateID=1064

Thanks for the info "SGT."

I just changed flight reservations so I could make this one.

Friday night (5/18th) is Downers Grove's first Car Show on Main Street, so CMC's Saturday event is perfect timing as a follow-up. :yahoo:

I will try and spread the word.

-QC

Rob we would have been neighbors. My parking spot is B 309. Anyway have a good time.

Thanks gtup 1. I am sure glad I have you Illinois members to keep us up on the latest info. This sounds like something we all should be part of!

Here is the link to all the info. Can we meet up before and cruise in together?

http://www.aurora-il.org/detail_news.php?newsDateID=1064

If anyone is planning on coming out for this we need to discuss. The Aurora planning committee has some guidelines naturally. As per my original post they want us to keep it to 8 - 9 cars which I understand. I would like it if someone is good with writing to share a one or two paragraph tribute to the Legend for the announcers to read. It would also be cool if someone could video so we can share with Team Shelby. Can you give me a call so we can work together on this an coordinate. 630-329-5563 thanks

If anyone is planning on coming out for this we need to discuss. The Aurora planning committee has some guidelines naturally. As per my original post they want us to keep it to 8 - 9 cars which I understand. I would like it if someone is good with writing to share a one or two paragraph tribute to the Legend for the announcers to read. It would also be cool if someone could video so we can share with Team Shelby. Can you give me a call so we can work together on this an coordinate. 630-329-5563 thanks

gtup 1 I think between the two of us we can pay omage to Carroll in special way. I am planning on this parade. I will call you on Saturday. Hopefully in the AM maybe late afternoon, birthday party to attend.

Is there a central log of Illinois "Rev your Salute" on May 30th ? - anything scheduled at Volo car museum ?

pnichol2,

No " rev your salute " at the Volo Museum. If you live north and I mean Wisconsin border north check out what 54LPony posted under

"Carroll Shelby national memorial-May 30, 2012. There you will see Erv's Mug 130 W. Ryan Rd. Oak Creek, WI 414-762-5010.

Now if you live more South than North then you can join me at the Hooters in Downers Grove 1303 Butterfield Rd. Downers Grove

630-960-4008. I will be arriving between 8 and 8:15 PM at that location.

Hope to see you at either location and if you attend the Erv's Mug say hi to Vance Irvin.

Fathers Day Extravaganza 2012 at Twin Lakes Golf Course and Recreation Area 1200 E. Twin Lakes Dr. Palatine, Illinois

847-934-6050. Saturday June 16, 2012 from 9AM-3PM a car show at the North Parking Lot. Two of Chicago's Premier Mustang Clubs will be participating. Family activities, music,food and beverages will be available for purchase. Car show is FREE and access is from Palatine Rd. to Winston Dr. and then left on Frontage Rd. All Fords welcome!

• 1 month later...

A reminder for all in the Downers Grove area. Tomorrow night July 6 is Pont Car Night. Get there early, before 5PM and keep the Camaro's , Firebirds and AMX's away from the ORIGINAL Pony Car!

Look for me in my 65 black FB.

A reminder for all in the Downers Grove area. Tomorrow night July 6 is Pont Car Night. Get there early, before 5PM and keep the Camaro's , Firebirds and AMX's away from the ORIGINAL Pony Car!

Look for me in my 65 black FB.

I think the HEAT kept people away. Although the Mustangs that did come were outstanding!

Another reminder that July 28 is Pony Car Night in Lombard. I hope as many cars show up as Downers for that night. Park on Park Ave. just north of St. Charles. The feature band that night is the Cryan Shames. Hope to see you there.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the HEAT kept people away. Although the Mustangs that did come were outstanding!

Another reminder that July 28 is Pony Car Night in Lombard. I hope as many cars show up as Downers for that night. Park on Park Ave. just north of St. Charles. The feature band that night is the Cryan Shames. Hope to see you there.

I'm feeling kind of sad that I missed Downers Grove. I know I was partially submerged in a relative's swimming pool at the time. That whole week was a Hot one!

Give me a knock on the head, Rich! I'd appreciate the reminder. You have my email. -Rob

Hey Rich - Hope you and Tim had a good time yesterday at the EAA show.

Lombard was mobbed! Great weather brought out all kinds of cars, and people.

One would never know it was Pony Car night, however. Maybe the Mustangs and Camaros where sequestered in a lot somewhere I missed?

The only other Shelby I saw was a '07-'09 Black vert.

Lots of custom stuff - Lots of old stuff - some real nice, some just bizarre, some just junk.

Headed to the "Wicked Nationals" in NJ next Saturday, but I would like to visit Lombard again this season before it ends.

-Rob

Hey Rich - Hope you and Tim had a good time yesterday at the EAA show.

Lombard was mobbed! Great weather brought out all kinds of cars, and people.

One would never know it was Pony Car night, however. Maybe the Mustangs and Camaros where sequestered in a lot somewhere I missed?

The only other Shelby I saw was a '07-'09 Black vert.

Lots of custom stuff - Lots of old stuff - some real nice, some just bizarre, some just junk.

Headed to the "Wicked Nationals" in NJ next Saturday, but I would like to visit Lombard again this season before it ends.

-Rob

The low turnout is because I didn't show. LOL I am glad you enjoyed Lombards show. How were the Cryan Shames? And yes we will get together before the season is over.

The low turnout is because I didn't show. LOL I am glad you enjoyed Lombards show. How were the Cryan Shames? And yes we will get together before the season is over.

I would like that, Rich.

As for the Cryan Shames, they are better than most bands that started on "America's Got Talent!"

...maybe that's why I was never invited to be a AGT Judge?

:hysterical:

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any interest in a Detail 101 class? I am looking for at least 10 people to make this happen. The class consists of washing, drying, claying, glazing and waxing. Steve Reglewski from Show Car Detail is the instuctor. The date, time and location, Lombard is set. September 22, 2012 at 9AM. the cost is $25 per person. Contact me at teamshelby.il@hotmail.com or call 630-750-8388. Time is of the essence. You can check out Steve's web site, www.showcardetail.com . This will be a very informative class!

Rich

• 4 weeks later...

In the Chicago area, Wheaton. Cantigny Park has there annual car show next Sunday. For more info go to there web site,www.cantigny.org. I will be attending.

• 4 weeks later...

Kind of short notice but this Sunday October 7 is the Chicago Vintage Mustang Show at the Autobahn. Cost to enter is $10 and gates open at 8 AM. Rain or shine. Remember parade laps for all!!! See attachment. Any questions please contact Jason at info@chicago-mustang.com or check the web site www.chicago-mustang.com.

Sorry I won't be there. I'll be in Wisconsin for the Cruise for the Cause.

• 3 months later...

For all in the Chicago area Super Car Saturdays start May 4 at The Prominade Bolingbrook. Just sign up at there web site, http://www.supercarsaturdays.com/ Hope to see some Shelby and Mustang people there.

Rich

• 4 weeks later...

4th Annual Central Illinois SVT and Performance Fords Meet

Sunday April 21st, 2013 at Hooters in Peoria, IL. - 418 SW Water St, Peoria, IL. 61602

Central Illinois SVT will be hosting the 4th Annual Central Illinois SVT and Performance Fords Meet. There will be sponsors, free raffles, on site dyno, awards for best SVT and best Performance Ford. There will be large groups coming in from Chicago (CMC usually brings 60+ cars), Springfield, Quincy, St. Louis and all over Central Illinois. Out of staters are welcome to!! Last year there were about 110 cars. This years event is later in April than usual so expecting a bing turn out. May extend the event into Saturday, April 20, will keep this post updated.

SPONSORS to date:

LETHAL PERFORMANCE

ANCHOR ROOM (ANCHOR-ROOM.COM)

I'm in Washington, IL. which is about 15 minutes from site of this event. Let me know if anyone needs local hotel info, wants to hook up for cocktails, dinner, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Calling all Shelby owners,early models,clones and late models. Put May 11 on your calendar. The Autobahn in Joliet,IL is hosting a little get together with parade laps at the noon hour. Stay tuned for more info and as always you can contact me {Rich} at teamshelby.il@hotmail.com Also I will have more info in a Chicago area SAAC club. This will be the 1st Annual Windy City Shelby Show. And as an added attraction Heidt's Hot Rod will be tearing up the track that weekend.

Calling all Shelby owners,early models,clones and late models. Put May 11 on your calendar. The Autobahn in Joliet,IL is hosting a little get together with parade laps at the noon hour. Stay tuned for more info and as always you can contact me {Rich} at teamshelby.il@hotmail.com Also I will have more info in a Chicago area SAAC club.

Sounds interesting on May 11th, You going to come down on March 29th for real laps on the Autobahn. I'll bring an extra helmet and give you rides! Pretty sure I am going.

Calling all Shelby owners,early models,clones and late models. Put May 11 on your calendar. The Autobahn in Joliet,IL is hosting a little get together with parade laps at the noon hour. Stay tuned for more info and as always you can contact me {Rich} at teamshelby.il@hotmail.com Also I will have more info in a Chicago area SAAC club. This will be the 1st Annual Windy City Shelby Show. And as an added attraction Heidt's Hot Rod will be tearing up the track that weekend.

I would love to make it out there think be cool even just to do some parade laps. On my calendar.

• 1 month later...

4th Annual Central Illinois SVT and Performance Fords Meet

Sunday April 21st, 2013 at Hooters in Peoria, IL. - 418 SW Water St, Peoria, IL. 61602

Central Illinois SVT will be hosting the 4th Annual Central Illinois SVT and Performance Fords Meet. There will be sponsors, free raffles, on site dyno, awards for best SVT and best Performance Ford. There will be large groups coming in from Chicago (CMC usually brings 60+ cars), Springfield, Quincy, St. Louis and all over Central Illinois. Out of staters are welcome to!! Last year there were about 110 cars. This years event is later in April than usual so expecting a bing turn out. May extend the event into Saturday, April 20, will keep this post updated.

SPONSORS to date:

LETHAL PERFORMANCE

ANCHOR ROOM (ANCHOR-ROOM.COM)

I'm in Washington, IL. which is about 15 minutes from site of this event. Let me know if anyone needs local hotel info, wants to hook up for cocktails, dinner, etc.

If you are attending this event please fill out this form and bring it with.

Archived