TEAM SHELBY FORUM

5th mod...next level

Okay, so am I happy with my GT350? Well, yeah, of course I am! I love this car- more than any other I have ever owned. It is the king of performance and you get that straight out of the parking lot at Shelby. I didnt have the luxury of having the driveshaft, short throw shifter, and new Watts when I took delivery of mine. In fact, even the cooling package was not quite ready when I got mine, so that, along with the rear brakes will be on a very short list of plans I have with my GT350.

But then something happened down at a naval base reserve airport a couple weeks ago. The Texas Mile is a big draw for Shelbys, mainly GT500s. I really dont hold any hope to beat the big 5.4 on a 1 mile drag race, and frankly, Im skeptical of the body design of the GT350 holding up under 150mph+ resistances to the hood and rear fascias in particular. So I just took my car down there to visit and watch my friends do runs. This car is a track car for me. But then a friendly face appeared at my door when I got there. It was none other than Jon Lund, and I was happy to see him as always. Jon is a legend, and if he tells me what my limits are, I tend to take it as the gospel. He looked over my car and asked me if I would be interested in the Cam file for my tune which utilizes the trackey BOSS setting for the cams, which makes the car idle incredibly menacing, and with a simple download into the tune, my car now sounds like a full on race car at idle. Its instant gratification if there ever is such a thing.

Then Jon told me about Lethal's 5.0 with the 624 Whipple breaking into the 9s on the 1/4. He then said, " You know, all it would take for you to do that with this car is a smaller pulley, and a different CAI". :headscratch: Hmmm, fast forward one week, and I now have my new pulley and CAI :hysterical: , and although Jon is busy catching up from his trip to Texas, he is going to tune my car tomorrow after the pulley and cai swap. Im pretty excited about it. I dont expect to turn 9s in my car mind you, but I should be easily in the low 10s. We will do a pre install dyno, and I should see 537hp, 429 torque like last time, but I want to make sure since I changed my gears to 3.55s. Then we will do the new tune and do another dyno run to see the differences. I am told to expect 12 lbs boost on the new pulley, and Jon said we will want to keep the RWHP under 575 for safety of the 5.0, but 40 more RWHP should be a nice addition. I am actually going to get 2 tunes, and have a daily tune that will keep my car at the current "624 stock output", and then the full monty tune for trips to the drags only. I will also modify the cam file to just run under the full tune. That way I will know just by the sound of my idle which tune I am running.

***Keep in mind, I will never try to run this much boost under a road course setting, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone else either.***

12 pounds of boost, most of what I read back when I had a new 5.0 on order before taking the plunge on the GT500 was the rods get a bit squirrelly over 9psi. How much testing have they done running boost that high and does it make you nervous at all?

In any case, can't wait to hear what the results are, keep us up to date.

i heard the cam file tune on warrens car the other day, i was just as giggly as a girl at a justin beiber concert, it sounds amazingly badass, i've been able to drive and ride in warren's car and its a beast plain and simple and these new additions will have me at his house to go for another spin! but man that sound at idle is wicked tough!

i heard the cam file tune on warrens car the other day, i was just as giggly as a girl at a justin beiber concert, it sounds amazingly badass, i've been able to drive and ride in warren's car and its a beast plain and simple and these new additions will have me at his house to go for another spin! but man that sound at idle is wicked tough!

happy%20feet.gif any time my friend!

Anybody know what the computers in the 2011 cars are capable of, can launch control be added to either the 5.0 or the GT500?

I have wondered that myself! I would also really like the 180mph speedo from the BOSS as well!

Warren can u tell us moe about the cam file tune? Do you know if you will achieve additional power/performance? Can folks in the northeast get this tune?

It stricktly advances the timing to give that blurble blurble idle sound...no performance mod, but as luck has it, Jon Lund lives in PA, and he can send you the file to add to your tune, although you will probably need a SCT III tuner, a Jon Lund tune, and the balls to back up that sound!:hysterical:

For information, visit lundracing.com or email him directly at sales@lundracing.com

The file ONLY works with the 5.0 platform though....not any other platform.

Okay,

Drum roll-

Keep in mind this is on a Mustang Dyno, not a dynojet.

588rwhp

470torque

10.2 lbs boost

My base pull in October straight from the museum was

8.7 lbs boost

499rwhp

400torque

Okay,

Drum roll-

Keep in mind this is on a Mustang Dyno, not a dynojet.

588rwhp

470torque

10.2 lbs boost

My base pull in October straight from the museum was

8.7 lbs boost

499rwhp

400torque

These are some great numbers Warren.......congrats. happy%20feet.gif

Warren, forgive me I'm a little lost. Where did John do the tune and dyno run? PA or here in Texas? I only ask because I would like to have mine tuned and if John down here then I'll track him down.

Jon did the tune here in Texas at the Texas Mile weekend before last. Warren had the car dyno'd at Maximum Velocity Performance here in San Antonio. The owner Tracy works a lot with Jon and can get you any kind of tune you want. I have to say that the "cam" tune is amazing!!! :drop:

Yes, my baseline from last October was

497 hp

400 torque

Then I simply added Jon Lund's tune and a driveshaft and my pull went

537 hp

429 torque

This time we have added the CAI and pulley, and jon lund's newest tune for

588 hp

470 torque

I must also state that I have dropped to 3.55s to get a friendlier range on road racing, but they did not do a pull after the gear change, so that may slightly drop my 1/4 mile time, but I think it will help as I needed 4th gear to get me a little higher speed.

I will also add that the pulley change may not have been necessary. The CAI by itself is unbelievable. The sound from the supercharger is mad max loud now. I really missed the whine of my gt500, but this is even better than how that sounded now.

It is strictly a 5.0 setting. Basically, it is the same parameters the red trackey changes on the cam timing for that sound. But on a Borla 3" exhaust? It sounds like Im driving a 4 wheeled Harley! happy%20feet.gif:hysterical:

Archived