TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Meet & Greet April 16th POSTPONED TO APRIL 30th

mywickedshelby

i would also enjoy meeting everyone, i hope you guys set a rain date the whole weekend looks like crap if a rain date is set please contact me at jpmarchini@aol.com thank you

one of the main reasons I don't pay pre-reg fees.... the weather :banghead:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just looked at accu-weather and while the picture shows a rain cloud, if you investigate a bit further it says rain is possible - 0.01 inches!!!!!

events like this are not easy to set up and coordinate. rain dates are not always possible, and i completely understand.

all of us have packed schedules in the summer - as a matter of fact, my summer work/family/track/show schedule is already planned and scheduled.

michael - i think we are going to be ok. as stated above, please keep all of us posted if you plans change - otherwise, i will be there.

fingers are crossed.

Mine is a daily driver, have just shy of 20K now on my '10... so suffice to say, YEP, its been in the rain.

BUT, I do have a "foul weather" vehicle, so if its going to rain I try to keep it inside and CLEAN. Also, at 20K, my OEM Goodyears are on the wear bars, so my traction is not all too good.

If it looks halfway decent on Saturday morning, I'll be at Cheesequake!

Mine is a daily driver, have just shy of 20K now on my '10... so suffice to say, YEP, its been in the rain.

BUT, I do have a "foul weather" vehicle, so if its going to rain I try to keep it inside and CLEAN. Also, at 20K, my OEM Goodyears are on the wear bars, so my traction is not all too good.

If it looks halfway decent on Saturday morning, I'll be at Cheesequake!

[My 08 has 50K miles so it will drive anywhere in any weather! But do we have covering overhead? Dont want to be sitting in the rain. I will drive in it, but would like to go indoors rather than standing outside in it!

Well keep me posted , I have nothing else planned and I also have a foul weather vehicle..................lol. Drove home 200 miles in a snow storm from the dealership in MD; whatz a little rain.............lol

That's funny. I to drove my new car home in snow. 984 miles from Florida to Pa. From Virginia north it was rough.

the weather report today says rain "late" on saturday.......it should not wash out the day.

I completely understand that some of these cars have never seen rain..........everyone will have to make their own call on that.....

I will be going and I will be at the morning meeting spots as planned...

so anyone on the fence due to weather should be confident that the event will go on as planned and if you make the drive......we will be there.......

hopefully the sun will be shining........

I will update this thread tomorrow and Friday with any new information..........

exactly Doug......best case scenario...we would be there in our Shelbys.......if that isnt possible........

it is still a chance to meet your Shelby brothers and sisters...............we will be there........

please post up on whether you plan on attending rain or shine if you see this post....thank you.

exactly Doug......best case scenario...we would be there in our Shelbys.......if that isnt possible........

it is still a chance to meet your Shelby brothers and sisters...............we will be there........

please post up on whether you plan on attending rain or shine if you see this post....thank you.

will be there with a shelby either way.

t

I will be there...

And FYI, anybody who REALLY believes their car has never seen rain... think again - they sit in the "acid rain and bird crap bath" outside the Flat Rock plant forever while waiting to be shipped...

:banghead:

GUS

sitting in rain and driving it inthe rain for 2-4 hours is a little different,what cani tell you im a little crazy with keeping the car clean, i have a few other cars i can come with but what fun is that , and if it is raining what are you guys and girls going to do stand out in the rain

ok.....here is the straight s :censored: t.......the forecast is pretty dismal......90% chance of rain all day saturday with showers intensifying saturday evening and ending sometime sunday.....

I just talked to Paul (Girth) our host......and he is offering that we postpone our get together 2 weeks until Saturday April 30th.......

same plan.....times....meeting spots and everything.......

now I know if we postpone it the sun will shine all day and I know plenty of you were planning on coming rain or shine.......

have made arrangements and moved your schedules around to be able to make this event.......

so what do we do?

postpone it?

screw the forecast and stick to the original plan?

I am open to suggestions........

RAIN DATE!!......RAIN DATE!!!!......RAIN DATE........

Due to a dismal forecast,......90% rain beginning at 6am in Mays Landing and continuing ALL DAY.....

I spoke with Paul and this saturday is offically rained out.............rain date Saturday April 30th...........

NEW DATE.....APRIL 30th.......Same times.....same meeting places.......

RAIN DATE!!......RAIN DATE!!!!......RAIN DATE........

Due to a dismal forecast,......90% rain beginning at 6am in Mays Landing and continuing ALL DAY.....

I spoke with Paul and this saturday is offically rained out.............rain date Saturday April 30th...........

NEW DATE.....APRIL 30th.......Same times.....same meeting places.......

Thanks for the update Michael. I will check on my availability on the rain date and let you know.

Archived