TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pebbles in the brake ducts

Has anyone gotten under their '11 350 and literally knocked on the black plastic duct work that routes cooling air to the rear brakes? If not, try it and watch the pebbles come pouring out. I am wondering if there is any screening I could install over the inlet to keep these pesky pebbles out.

Let me know if anyone has any other ideas. :headscratch::shift:

LOL :hysterical: Welcome to my world!! I dont care so much about the underneath ducting, but I hate when they get lodged into the side rocker panle ducts...they have chipped the heck out of the paint job too around that area.

I have some simple wire mesh screen material sandwiched between the two connecting plastic parts of my front ducts to keep debris out. You may be able to work out something similar for the rear ducts. If I can I'll snap a photo to show what I mean.

I'm still pulling leaves and crap from blocking the screens.

I have some simple wire mesh screen material sandwiched between the two connecting plastic parts of my front ducts to keep debris out. You may be able to work out something similar for the rear ducts. If I can I'll snap a photo to show what I mean.

I'm still pulling leaves and crap from blocking the screens.

Thank you for the info. Yes, if you can take a couple of pictures, that would be appreciated. I am thinking of getting some window screen material and use that on the rear. And, it would seem, I'll need it on the front too.

Ciao and God bless...Jon

I'm running the Agent47 ducts up front which are two piece plastic. All I did was sandwich the screen between the two halfs. It was some scrap wire screen material similar to what you might find on a cage for a small animal. I would worry that window screen material would become to easily clogged.

Another note, I would only have the hose from the ducts to the back of the rotor installed for the track. For everyday driving even with the screen you will be throwing every bit of road trash and water collected directly at the back of your rotor hats which could cause damage.

8988c9d7.jpg

I'm running the Agent47 ducts up front which are two piece plastic. All I did was sandwich the screen between the two halfs. It was some scrap wire screen material similar to what you might find on a cage for a small animal. I would worry that window screen material would become to easily clogged.

Another note, I would only have the hose from the ducts to the back of the rotor installed for the track. For everyday driving even with the screen you will be throwing every bit of road trash and water collected directly at the back of your rotor hats which could cause damage.

8988c9d7.jpg

Is that "chicken wire"? Uh.....that is kind of funny looking as everyone knows what it really is! Functional yes....appearance modification, no.

Archived