TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch Shudder

axo250

I've started to notice a shudder in my 2011 when I'm taking off from a stop. It doesn't make a chattering sound, I just feel it jerking on the last bit of the clutch releasal. It doesn't do it all the time and I haven't been able to link it to the engine temperature. This isn't my first manual and I feel like I am being very smooth with the car. I don't race it or slip the clutch on it. It has 4500mi on it and I'm interested to see if anyone else is having this issue? I really don't want to take it to a dealership to play around with my car for a while, so I'm trying to get some input first.

I've started to notice a shudder in my 2011 when I'm taking off from a stop. It doesn't make a chattering sound, I just feel it jerking on the last bit of the clutch releasal. It doesn't do it all the time and I haven't been able to link it to the engine temperature. This isn't my first manual and I feel like I am being very smooth with the car. I don't race it or slip the clutch on it. It has 4500mi on it and I'm interested to see if anyone else is having this issue? I really don't want to take it to a dealership to play around with my car for a while, so I'm trying to get some input first.

I've got a 2011, as well. No issues with the clutch or take-up. Its about as perfect and user friendly as you can get. Having said this, my 2007 clutch was fine except it had the ocassional first gear shudder upon take-off and this was unacceptable, thus the 2011. Sounds like you have a warranty issue and despite your reservations, a competent Ford Tech needs to look at it. It might be an easy fix requiring no tear-down. These are hydralic clutches so it may not be as bad as you anticipate. I'd guess its something minor, not major. Find a good Tech and get it looked at on Ford's dime. Let us know what you decide.

my 2010 does that on occasion whenever i do a lot of driving in rush hour traffic. my service department claims it related to some sensor...(some b.s. they were trying to convince me there was nothing wrong). whenever it occurs i just drive on the freeway for about 10 miles and its smooth as butter again. but i still dont know what causes it :headscratch:

Archived