TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Don't laugh, should I chuck these parts?

pmustang

I honestly think the answer is yes but living in the UK makes you hold onto things you normally would not just in case you need them for some strange reason.

At 5k miles my GT500 needed a new clutch and flywheel. I had to pay the piper as there is no warrantee service over here on privately traded cars (had I bought one in the military from Ford I would have been find,

Anyway, I have the factory clutch and flywheel. Do I save it? if so why? if not its going in the bin, Seems there is no reason I can think of to hold onto the clutch pack and flywheel.

cheers Peter

I honestly think the answer is yes but living in the UK makes you hold onto things you normally would not just in case you need them for some strange reason.

At 5k miles my GT500 needed a new clutch and flywheel. I had to pay the piper as there is no warrantee service over here on privately traded cars (had I bought one in the military from Ford I would have been find,

Anyway, I have the factory clutch and flywheel. Do I save it? if so why? if not its going in the bin, Seems there is no reason I can think of to hold onto the clutch pack and flywheel.

cheers Peter

Chuck in the bin and don't look back. I don't keep wearable items that require changing. I do keep parts I've changed for better aftermarket parts.

Someday, someone will pay big bucks for an original Shelby clutch and flywheel or any original Shelby part. See any prices for original 1960's stuff these days?

I certainly hear you but, I won't be alive then nor will I own the car, unless I am buried in it,

I sold my 68KR about a year before they went ballistic after gone in 60 seconds came out and that pair of idiots bid up the replica Eleanor on TV, I got "all the money" at 39k at one of the biggest car shows in the USA and there was one real buyer over three days, I would say probably 100k folks saw the car over three days, A year later I would have gotten 150k in a New York Minute, I already lost the lottery, not worried about a toasted flywheel and clutch.

I'll throw it away, it will help with the rarity of the ones left.

Peter

Archived