TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ever just feel lost

He had a J tube put in put in. This was the second procedure. The first one did not work.So they went back in to undue the first.The second procedure they took a completely different approach.But he was left with a three inch incision.

at about six PM yesterday we were changing the dressing and his bowel was pokeing out.By the time we got him down to surgery there was a golf ball size of his bowel that was protruding out of the incision.

:banghead:

:pray'n:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He had a J tube put in put in. This was the second procedure. The first one did not work.So they went back in to undue the first.The second procedure they took a completely different approach.But he was left with a three inch incision.

at about six PM yesterday we were changing the dressing and his bowel was pokeing out.By the time we got him down to surgery there was a golf ball size of his bowel that was protruding out of the incision.

Name of hospital please

He is at children hospital in New Orleans Louisiana 200 Henry clay.Thanks for all the Support it helps a lot more then you know.

I am not good at putting my thoughts into words.

No need CD...Prayers are ongoing from Canada my friend.

So sorry to hear about your son Robert and the absolute pain , suffering it brings to your family and all of us here. I to have a son whom i worry about each and every day. He is 21 years old and does not make the best decisions like most at that age. I know most of the things he does even though he does not live with us we are a very close family , but that does not help easy the pain and suffering along with all the dark thoughts that consume my wife and I that one day we will recieve that call. I can only tell you that I have been inconsolable at times with all of this and my wifes school closing at the end of this school year, no job yet for next year. Additionally, my contract is expiring soon with Ford Motor Co. and we have no certainty in our future. So if you feel the way I do and many others here at Team Shelby do not worry you are not alone. Just make sure that you all support each other and get the help you or your family needs even if you do not think you need it ; you do. We all need help in these extremely tuff times that we are living in and finding someone to talk to or getting medication for it is perfectly normal. May God bless you, your son and entire family.

Respectfully,

Scotty n Peggy

So sorry to hear about your son Robert and the absolute pain , suffering it brings to your family and all of us here. I to have a son whom i worry about each and every day. He is 21 years old and does not make the best decisions like most at that age. I know most of the things he does even though he does not live with us we are a very close family , but that does not help easy the pain and suffering along with all the dark thoughts that consume my wife and I that one day we will recieve that call. I can only tell you that I have been inconsolable at times with all of this and my wifes school closing at the end of this school year, no job yet for next year. Additionally, my contract is expiring soon with Ford Motor Co. and we have no certainty in our future. So if you feel the way I do and many others here at Team Shelby do not worry you are not alone. Just make sure that you all support each other and get the help you or your family needs even if you do not think you need it ; you do. We all need help in these extremely tuff times that we are living in and finding someone to talk to or getting medication for it is perfectly normal. May God bless you, your son and entire family.

Respectfully,

Scotty n Peggy

Sorry to hear of your hard times Scotty...All the best to you and family and will be sending prayers your way also.

On a happier note;

Tell us about your car. :happy feet:

I don't see anything in your signature file.

I read about some mods you are waiting on.

My car is stock right now i have BMR LCA and a BMR adjustable panhard bar and i am waiting for my duel fan heat exchanger from SPP to arrive.I have not installed anything yet.I would really like to get the FR3 suspension need to pay for school tuition first.

After the heat exchanger goes in i would like to install a CAI and pully .My problem right now is finding time and a place to install everything.My fantasy is to be able to buy some true forged rims :bike::bike:

My car is stock right now i have BMR LCA and a BMR adjustable panhard bar and i am waiting for my duel fan heat exchanger from SPP to arrive.I have not installed anything yet.I would really like to get the FR3 suspension need to pay for school tuition first.

After the heat exchanger goes in i would like to install a CAI and pully .My problem right now is finding time and a place to install everything.My fantasy is to be able to buy some true forged rims :bike::bike:

My 2007 GT500 has one mod. Stripes are painted on. :happy feet:

I am researching doing some mods myself. Cobraracing (mike) kindly offered some advice. :banvictory:

Looking at getting the Steeda Lower control arms, panhard bar, CAI and tune. A better exhaust as well.

You mention tuition. What are you taking?

Finding time is hard, making time is easier. :poke:

I bet one of your fellow TS members who live in La. might be able to hook you up with a place to install those mods. :party:

New rims ahuh. My how the wish list grows... :party2:

Hey cardude. :shift:

Sending Ethan a little something this Saturday. :mail:

It may make him laugh. I mean laugh. I mean really, really laugh. :hysterical: :P

It usually takes a couple weeks for the stuff I mail to show up. Its the dogs fault. :dog: :dog:

The sled drivers, they are not the problem. :nonono:

You see a little CC or Captain Morgan and they are happy. :tequila:

About the dogs... :dogwalk:

You see I pack enough back bacon for the trip, but the varments can not stop the eating. :lurk:

They run out of food at the US border. :huh:

Then the packages wait. and wait, and wait, until some one feels sorry for the dogs and feeds them. :do what:

Dogs feel better, they :burnout: and Ethan's package arrives. :mail:

:grouphug:

Prayers for Ethan, you and your wife.

Robert, do you have any other children?

Yes i have son name leo 9 years old daughter named camille13 years old

Linky no work :headscratch:

I know i tryed for twenity minutes to get to work. Photobucket changed things up and i just can not figure it out.if any one can give me some VERY SPECIFIC direction i would

really appreciate it. :shrug:

My 2007 GT500 has one mod. Stripes are painted on. :happy feet:

I am researching doing some mods myself. Cobraracing (mike) kindly offered some advice. :banvictory:

Looking at getting the Steeda Upper control arms, panhard bar, CAI and tune. A better exhaust as well.

You mention tuition. What are you taking?

Finding time is hard, making time is easier. :poke:

I bet one of your fellow TS members who live in La. might be able to hook you up with a place to install those mods. :party:

New rims ahuh. My how the wish list grows... :party2:

I have two other children leo and camille they are in catholic school.Putting out the money hurts but its for there future.Public school have to much of a bad element.The only thing i am trying to do is learn how to play the guitar.

I bought a new gulitar about a year ago ethan loves music and i allways wonted to learn now all i have to do is do it.

Respectfully,

Scotty n Peggy

Hey scotty sorry to hear all of this if you could speak to my mom she will tell all her grey hair is from me !!! My parents were from italy old fashion and strict out of 3 sibling I was always in trouble , failing school chased by the cops the even use to wait for me at my house. Do to my street racing and drinking girls would ring my bell at 3am looking for me and my parents would flip out. I can't tell you how many people and cars my father had to buy or pay off to keep me out of trouble. While my dad was over seas with military sea lift command he still was writing checks. I went to college for a day they said there were no inside parking left so screw that. I poor mom would have to chase me around when drunk and my friends would dump in front on my house. Plus me sleeping with neighbors daughters didn't help much

But here I am worked for the F.B.I then NYPD and made it there for 15yrs till I got sick and flip 2 houses making money on that and still going. Yes people were shocked to hear of my employment more like terrified.

So I'm sure your son will wake up soon if not I be glad to talk to him !!!! :hysterical:

Anthony

Yes i have son name leo 9 years old daughter named camille13 years old

I know i tryed for twenity minutes to get to work. Photobucket changed things up and i just can not figure it out.if any one can give me some VERY SPECIFIC direction i would

really appreciate it. :shrug:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9559-how-to-host-your-photos-with-photobucket/

Any updates let me know !!!

Considering what happen on wednesday he is doing ok.We are back to trying to keep his pain under control.But he is feeling much better.Not sure when we will go home,frankly i dont even wont to guess.It will happen when it happens.Thanks

Yeah, until the RN gets those lovely discharge papers- you're there; (assuming you don't sign out AMA). Glad to hear that the latest procedure went okay. There are so many pain meds these days, that finding the right one and the right dose can take some time. Just keep track of his pain scale, 0-10, 10 being the worst he's ever felt, and let the RN or DR know accordingly.

Yeah, until the RN gets those lovely discharge papers- you're there; (assuming you don't sign out AMA). Glad to hear that the latest procedure went okay. There are so many pain meds these days, that finding the right one and the right dose can take some time. Just keep track of his pain scale, 0-10, 10 being the worst he's ever felt, and let the RN or DR know accordingly.

That the big problem it is so hard to tell his level of pain.he can't tell us how bad it really feels.What happen on wednesday did not happen all at once it was ripping apart a little

at a time after the second surgery .It was the inner fasha that riped open and allowed a golf ball size portion of his bowel to poke out of his body .During that time frame he would have a good day and then two bad days.We thought that it was just reflux that was hurting him.He has a history of reflux issues.We have had 14 good years he was rarely sick

This all started in june of 2010.

PS. I tryed your advice on posting the pic.and it worked why do you need to space out the letters after you paste it.I would never have figured that out. :shrug:

That the big problem it is so hard to tell his level of pain.he can't tell us how bad it really feels.What happen on wednesday did not happen all at once it was ripping apart a little

at a time after the second surgery .It was the inner fasha that riped open and allowed a golf ball size portion of his bowel to poke out of his body .During that time frame he would have a good day and then two bad days.We thought that it was just reflux that was hurting him.He has a history of reflux issues.We have had 14 good years he was rarely sick

This all started in june of 2010.

PS. I tryed your advice on posting the pic.and it worked why do you need to space out the letters after you paste it.I would never have figured that out. :shrug:

Ah, I get it. I was under the impression that he could tell you his pain level. Something the medical staff may not tell you, is to watch his blood pressure. MOST OF THE TIME, when people are in a large amount of pain their BP will increase. I don't know your son's baseline vitals, so it's hard to tell you what numbers to be concerned with. A general rule, if you see his systolic BP, the first and/or top number, increase by 30 points, he's probably in a significant amount of pain. His pulse, aka heart rate, will probably increase as well. Again, I don't know his normal vital signs.

Regarding the image. You don't need to spaces the letters out. I only did that for the example, otherwise the site would have actually taken the tag and hidden it.

Just a update,we brought my son home last night.He is still hurting and we have a long ahead of us, but he is very happy to be home.

Ethan's home............................. happy%20feet.gif .....great news. Keeping the prayers going.

Not nice to make fun of the mentally challenged!! I have to say if you have tried the mental ward. You have not had a great vacation with the drugs they give you. You can fly to any destination and have any woman you like. Last time for me I was in jamacia puffing on blunt in a hot tub. With 3 lasts and my wife was serving to drinks.

Archived