TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TSB for shifting problems

tdreed1265

New TSB: http://www.mustangblog.com/blog/1057717_ford-puts-out-tsb-on-2011-and-newer-mustangs

Is this applicable to the GT500's? Doesn't seem like this would be a "fix" for what's been talked about in depth on the forum, but maybe a step in the right direction on that there is a problem?

Personally I have only had about 4 occurrences in 4600 miles of which I attribute to my error.

There are two schools of thought on this one.

I agree (with more seat time needed).

Before buying my GT500 I heard of the missed 2-3 shifts too. All from shifter manufactures!

I have had NO problem hitting 3rd on a speed shift with my OE shifter. I just added a MGW but have yet to drive the car (mods still in progress) so I can not comment on it.

I have also had NO problem with my 1-2 shifts. Regardless of how hard or easy I shift, WOT or not and I've done 'em all. The ONLY time I ground a gear is one time when I tried a clutchless power shift from 1 to 2 with just a throttle lift...MY BAD (it didn't work)!

Frankly, I think the 1-2 shift problem is WAY overblown. A small but vocal group of car owners is having a problem but in the big picture, the ratio of problem cars vs. problematic cars is very small.

*I* completely understand why Ford hasn't issued a TSB at this point in time.

Phill

New TSB: http://www.mustangbl...-newer-mustangs

Is this applicable to the GT500's? Doesn't seem like this would be a "fix" for what's been talked about in depth on the forum, but maybe a step in the right direction on that there is a problem?

Personally I have only had about 4 occurrences in 4600 miles of which I attribute to my error.

This is not for the GT500's.

This is for the 2011 - 2012 GT that has a MT82 6-speed manual transmission.

Here's what they are doing:

SERVICE PROCEDURE

TSB

11-3-18

Replace the Motorcraft®Full Synthetic Manual Transmission Fluid with 2.6L (2.7 qt) of Motorcraft® Dual Clutch Transmission Fluid. Refer to Workshop Manual, Section 308-03A for the transmission fluid draining and filling procedure.

This fluid is suitable for use in all ambient temperatures and seasons, and the Scheduled Maintenance guidelines in the Owner Guide can continue to be followed.

The use of friction modifiers or other fluid additives is not recommended since although they may provide some immediate improvement in cold shift effort, they are likely to result in long term degradation of the synchronizers.

PART NUMBER PART NAME XT-11-QDC Dual Clutch Fluid

.....and this is the issue:

ISSUE:

Some 2011-2012 Mustang vehicles equipped with a MT82 6-speed manual transmission may exhibit increased shift efforts in cold ambient temperatures. This is usually most noticeable in 1st and 2nd gears but may also be noticed in 3rd through 6th gears. The increased shift effort may be the result of the increased viscosity of the transmission fluid in cold weather.

• 2 months later...

Archived