TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT "Hood" Modification - need advice -

Hello Guys,

First, I hope I will find some help on this forum, to get my Shelby GT 2008 right, cause my big concerne, is that I live in Switzerland, and I can't mess with my part orders.

So I own a Shelby GT 2008 vista blue (pics), but I am very disapointed with my Hood. Looks cheap, and it's a shame for that car.

Now, I could just change the hood scoop, option 1. Anyone can tell me where I could find some ? I heard there's new generation of hood scoop.

img0101.jpg

img0102.jpg

Now, since I will make some change, am thinking of changing the whole front of my car, to get this look, but with that hood (2nd pic) :

gt500grillu.jpg

109371.jpg

So, to get that, what do I need to get that result ? Here the list I figured out, let me know if I miss something :

- Take Off GT500 Hood, will that hood fit the front fascia bumper ? (www.stang-aholics.com)

- Front Fascia Bumper.(like on the pic) Anyone can tell me where to get that ?

- 2007-2009 Shelby GT500 Upper Billet Grill (www.evoperform.com)

- 2007-2009 Shelby GT500 Lower Billet Grill (www.evoperform.com)

- What kind of fog light ? Where can I found them ?

- Chin Spoiler ?

Anything else am missing ? or I should had for a nice look ?

Thanks for your help, appreciate it.

Anthoine Swen

PS : anyone installed this hood already ?

productshelbymustanggt500signedhood.jpg

http://northamericantuning.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/128/products_id/1264

I would also suggest keeping the car more original Shelby albeit with a new scoop. Of course, nothing wrong with modding, but then you just need to do what turns you on and not ask us. You might consider what it will do to the resale value of the car as you will have to find someone that also likes it exactly the way YOU mod it.

Anyway, I have one of the newer Shelby fiberglass scoops on mine and it is a nice fit and finish. No more droopy, wavy plastic panel out in the middle of the hood for the world to see. Mine came under warranty, but I believe you can purchase a replacement scoop from Shelby if you call them. Might think about that.

Cool front license plate on your car!

I would also suggest keeping the car more original Shelby albeit with a new scoop. Of course, nothing wrong with modding, but then you just need to do what turns you on and not ask us. You might consider what it will do to the resale value of the car as you will have to find someone that also likes it exactly the way YOU mod it.

Anyway, I have one of the newer Shelby fiberglass scoops on mine and it is a nice fit and finish. No more droopy, wavy plastic panel out in the middle of the hood for the world to see. Mine came under warranty, but I believe you can purchase a replacement scoop from Shelby if you call them. Might think about that.

Cool front license plate on your car!

Can you post a pic of that fiberglass new scoop. I am not against that idea of just changing that.

For the stripes, I already change them, they are painted. I also painted the chin spoiler, and the mirror.

Cheers,

Swen Anthoine

Gruss dich! Wo im Scheizland komst du aus? Ich was in Baden im Dezember und ich dachte es war sehr schon. Zurich war nett auch.

If I was you, I'd just get a hold of the latest generation hood scoop from Shelby and call it a day. I'm not a fan of the GT500 front end on a Shelby GT.

The Cobra front end looks awesome, don't get me wrong. It just radically changes the look of the entire car, so that it doesn't resemble an SGT much at all.

Good luck either way.

Ken

Gruss dich! Wo im Scheizland komst du aus? Ich was in Baden im Dezember und ich dachte es war sehr schon. Zurich war nett auch.

If I was you, I'd just get a hold of the latest generation hood scoop from Shelby and call it a day. I'm not a fan of the GT500 front end on a Shelby GT.

The Cobra front end looks awesome, don't get me wrong. It just radically changes the look of the entire car, so that it doesn't resemble an SGT much at all.

Good luck either way.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the information. I might just change de hood, and get that one : SH-GT Tru Fiber Hood

Now I am not sure if the racing stripes will fit it ...

I come from Sion in Switzerland, my german isn't that good, better speak french :-)

Cheers,

Anthoine Swen

Anthoine,

Like others have suggested, I recommend contacting Shelby American to see about fixing your hood and hood scoop. That way if you do buy an aftermarket hood, you can always switch it back to original form - with a good looking scoop.

Kevin

Anthoine,

Like others have suggested, I recommend contacting Shelby American to see about fixing your hood and hood scoop. That way if you do buy an aftermarket hood, you can always switch it back to original form - with a good looking scoop.

Kevin

:lurk: +1

GG

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the information. I might just change de hood, and get that one : SH-GT Tru Fiber Hood

Now I am not sure if the racing stripes will fit it ...

I come from Sion in Switzerland, my german isn't that good, better speak french :-)

Cheers,

Anthoine Swen

its still a nice car you have ,this is my tru-fiber hood ,just saying , :shift:139867-R1-21-21A.jpg

139867-R1-21-21A.jpg

Archived