TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New to the forum; intro to 2011 with 723 RWHP 680 TQ with safe tune

DHFB

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and have been looking for some answers on unusual things I have been learning about my 2011 Shelby. I have owned numerous Mustangs and SVT's and must say that this is my favorite of all. My car has several modifications and makes 723 RWHP and 680 ft/lbs of torque. The tuning process on this car took a whole day but was worth the effort but I am still working out some bugs. Well, I look forward to learning more from the forum and look forward to speaking with some of you. Here is a quick video I made of tuning my car this last weekend and a Dyno graph. If you are modding a 2011 or 2012 I wish you the best of luck!

2011GT500WhippleKooks3_27_11.jpg

th_GT500DynoDay3_27_11.jpg

There was a lot of dark smoke towards the end of the final pull. Just what was I seeing there? Was it just the rich mix on off throttle?

That was several days worth of carbon build up from running ridiculously rich. We intially measured AFR as 5 to1 when we started.... to make a long story short these cars are real difficult to tune.

Welcome aboard!

Great numbers on your car - congrats!

Lots of good folks here for questions enjoy.

If you have not had the chance yet, you can register at the link below.

David

Curious because I have a kit on order:

Was this an FRPP install & tune ?

If you're running long tube headers, who's & down tube dia. ?

Any other mods to get to the 723 rwhp ??

What type of dyno was used, the graph looks different than what I'm used to !!

Curious because I have a kit on order:

Was this an FRPP install & tune ?

I would have loved the Procal tune but no.. this tune was done by Ed Clark, independent tuner, supported by Chris Johnson of SCT. It took them 9 hours to get a tune in the car that worked well.

If you're running long tube headers, who's & down tube dia. ?

Kooks Long Tubes 7/8" x 3", Kooks catted X and Kooks Axle backs + seperate set of 10" x 3" race mufflers before the axle

Any other mods to get to the 723 rwhp ??

66MM Twin L and M Throttle Body, 123MM Whipple Air Meter, Whipple Air Intake, triple pump, 72 lbs injectors. The cars AFR was 10.5 thru most of the pull to 723; we made other runs that got in excess of 760 but the AFR was near 12

What type of dyno was used, the graph looks different than what I'm used to !!

Eddy Current Dynojet... This is a exported .BMP from the Winpep software from the last run off of my computer.

it's above 14.0 a/f at redline. what's the timing? it's your car, but take it to another tuner. your car never should've left like that. you're running too rich and the car is running out of fuel up top. ask what the idc's were. i hope you have an a/f gauge also.

Archived