TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone adding side scoops and window scoops?

ShelbyDude

Has anyone added side window scoops and/or side scoops to their Shelby?

Are there any pics?

I ordered the windoe side scoops and side scoops from Cervini's. I think this is about the only thing Ford missed on this car since every Shelby I have seen has them. I think that would add a finishing touch to set this off. At least I hope they look good!

Are there any pics?

I ordered the windoe side scoops and side scoops from Cervini's. I think this is about the only thing Ford missed on this car since every Shelby I have seen has them. I think that would add a finishing touch to set this off. At least I hope they look good!

I want to, but haven't ordered them yet. If I do it will be the Cervini's. Closest looking I have found to the original Shelby scoops. Please keep us updated on what you think when they arrive and when you get them on your Shelby. Bri66

Are there any pics?

I'm in the process of adding window scoops...but there is a minor issue. Give me about 10 days to sort it out. I'm going with Xenon brand.

Dave

Are there any pics?

Here are some pic's of Cervini's side scoops and window scoops installed.

100_0052.JPG100_0048.JPG100_0050.JPG

100_0052.JPG

100_0048.JPG

100_0050.JPG

Those look good! Has it created any issues with blind spots?

Are those covers on the mirrors or did you paint them?

I got the mirror cover's from this site: http://wheelskin.com/dg-mc67306.html

I've since added painted lower rocker panels 000_0674MA16325192_0002.jpg

http://www.newtakeoff.com/index.asp?PageAc...amp;ProdID=8127

Another window scoop I am considering are the SilverHorse flush mounted scoop. They look good and you can still see out of your rear window. http://www.silverhorseracing.com/webstore/...category_id=255

I agree with you that Ford should have included scoops from the factory. They had them stock on the Shelby's from the 60's. And they looked great. Alot of people might give you some flack for adding scoops to a 07 Shelby. But in my opinon they pay homage to the original GT500's. :)

000_0674MA16325192_0002.jpg

I got the mirror cover's from this site: http://wheelskin.com/dg-mc67306.html

I've since added painted lower rocker panels post-5174-1173677241_thumb.jpg

http://www.newtakeoff.com/index.asp?PageAc...amp;ProdID=8127

Another window scoop I am considering are the SilverHorse flush mounted scoop. They look good and you can still see out of your rear window. http://www.silverhorseracing.com/webstore/...category_id=255

I agree with you that Ford should have included scoops from the factory. They had them stock on the Shelby's from the 60's. And they looked great. Alot of people might give you some flack for adding scoops to a 07 Shelby. But in my opinon they pay homage to the original GT500's. :)

They look nice. I was toying with the idea but I'm still not sure. I like the color matched lower rocker. Do you plan anything for the rear defuser?

nice job

Here are some pic's of Cervini's side scoops and window scoops installed.

post-5174-1173671504_thumb.jpgpost-5174-1173671553_thumb.jpgpost-5174-1173671611_thumb.jpg

Those are so nice. Did they stick on with tape? Any modifying for fit or did they simply stick on with no gaps? Since you installed them have they moved or shifted in location any? Sorry I'm asking so many questions, but I want to add them to my Shelby and before I order them I want to make sure I'm going to be satisfied. I don't plan on driving my Shelby like an ape. My 500 horses will stay coralled for the most part. I have 1400 miles and my average speed according to the car computer is 35 mph. My top speed was a whole 85mph. I just fear tape and enclosed side scoops add up to future headaches. I won't consider drilling anything. I've allready had to for my front liscense plate that I didn't want to. Thanks for any comments you have.

Those are so nice. Did they stick on with tape? Any modifying for fit or did they simply stick on with no gaps? Since you installed them have they moved or shifted in location any? Sorry I'm asking so many questions, but I want to add them to my Shelby and before I order them I want to make sure I'm going to be satisfied. I don't plan on driving my Shelby like an ape. My 500 horses will stay coralled for the most part. I have 1400 miles and my average speed according to the car computer is 35 mph. My top speed was a whole 85mph. I just fear tape and enclosed side scoops add up to future headaches. I won't consider drilling anything. I've allready had to for my front liscense plate that I didn't want to. Thanks for any comments you have.

Brian,

If you use the 3M tape, that's the same tape the automakers use, so you should not have an issue. IMO, the biggest factor is surface prep and common sense. The surface must be free of all wax, dirt, grease, etc. Wash the area, then use a claybar, and if you've waxed the car already you might want to use some Dawn dish soap to wash it before the claybar. Then, when I say common sense, I mean do NOT touch the area on the car or the tape with your fingers...they have oil on them and it will ruin the bond. Don't pull the protective cover off the sticky tape and let it sit there for 15 minutes to collect dust. Don't do the job in 45 degree weather...recommend 65-80 degrees. Just be meticulous about keeping everything clean and you won't have any issues.

Good luck.

Dave

Here are the installation instuctions from Cervini's. https://www.cervinis.com/Files/File/Parts%2...ons/4305(2).pdf

Pretty straight forward installation. They come unpainted, and according to the paint shop I took them to, require alot of prepping prior to painting. I do have some gap's in some places that I want filled. I've "tested" them at speed. So far they have not moved a bit.

They look nice. I was toying with the idea but I'm still not sure. I like the color matched lower rocker. Do you plan anything for the rear defuser?

nice job

Thanks, I think since I've added the painted lower rocker, I might have to paint the rear defuser to match. I just need to find a good paint shop to properly prep and paint the plastic material. If not done correctly the paint will peel and chip off.

Here are the installation instuctions from Cervini's. https://www.cervinis.com/Files/File/Parts%2...ons/4305(2).pdf

Pretty straight forward installation. They come unpainted, and according to the paint shop I took them to, require alot of prepping prior to painting. I do have some gap's in some places that I want filled. I've "tested" them at speed. So far they have not moved a bit.

Thanks for the update. I also thank you for being honest. Have you talked to the painter about filling in the gaps? Any idea what you they will use to fill in the gaps? I know as a kid I added a cobra hood scoop to my 1970 Grande Mustang. I had to drill holes and it bolted down under my hood. I also used bondo to fill in the gaps. Looked great after it was painted. I'm still not too sure if I'll add them to mine. Your car looks great.

Thanks for the update. I also thank you for being honest. Have you talked to the painter about filling in the gaps? Any idea what you they will use to fill in the gaps? I know as a kid I added a cobra hood scoop to my 1970 Grande Mustang. I had to drill holes and it bolted down under my hood. I also used bondo to fill in the gaps. Looked great after it was painted. I'm still not too sure if I'll add them to mine. Your car looks great.

Brain, that 3M tape is some strong stuff! Our body shop is preping a Shelby Convertible to paint the stripes over the top. You should have seen them removing the rear spoiler! Not only is the spoiler bolted on, but they also used the 3M tape as well. They had a HECK of a time getting that spoiler off after removing the bolts! That tape did not want to let loose of that spoiler! It was unreal how well that stuff holds on to something. I couldn't believe it! So that ended any worries I had about it.

My scoops should be here tomorrow on Tuesday according to UPS tracking. I'm having our body shop prep, paint and install them. It should only cost $200 or so for them to do it and I won't have to worry about it. I just hope they can get it done by the end of the week for me!

BTW, I checked with Roneale as well, and they told me that they do use bondo and mold theirs into the car. I didn't want to that in case I ever wanted to remove them to make the car original again. I think the Cervini's will work just great.

I'll post pics as soon as it is done.

the gt500 should of come standard with scoops. I have a ragtop and will only need the lower scoops. Although many out there look awesome, i'm probably going to go with the Ford mustang part. Same as the ones on the california special. They are simple and would be something you should always be able to find. Readily available at dealers.

the gt500 should of come standard with scoops. I have a ragtop and will only need the lower scoops. Although many out there look awesome, i'm probably going to go with the Ford mustang part. Same as the ones on the california special. They are simple and would be something you should always be able to find. Readily available at dealers.

I looked into getting the ones on the CS. Those actually require drilling two holes in the side which I don't want to do.

I just got mine today from Cervini's. I'm having our body shop prep, paint and install them. I'll get pics as soon as they are on. Hopefully by the end of the week!

I looked into getting the ones on the CS. Those actually require drilling two holes in the side which I don't want to do.

I just got mine today from Cervini's. I'm having our body shop prep, paint and install them. I'll get pics as soon as they are on. Hopefully by the end of the week!

Shelby Dude, are you sure the factory scoops require drilling. I stopped by a Ford dealer just yesterday and was quoted part, paint and installed. The parts guy called the bodyshop who confirmed they can be mounted without drilling. He had one pair in stock. I should have asked him to open the box and see if any tape or instructions were included. What do you think?

Shelby Dude, are you sure the factory scoops require drilling. I stopped by a Ford dealer just yesterday and was quoted part, paint and installed. The parts guy called the bodyshop who confirmed they can be mounted without drilling. He had one pair in stock. I should have asked him to open the box and see if any tape or instructions were included. What do you think?

Our parts guy pulled a sheet on these and it showed for two holes in the side as part of the mounting hardware. That is why I didn't get them. I suppose you could just get by with using the 3M tape, but make SURE they don't install any holes.

Archived