TEAM SHELBY FORUM

275/40 up front?

Cobras55

I have posted this question along with a few other questions on another thread. I didn't get the answer , so I'm going to try again..Does anyone know if I am able to run a 275/40/19 in the front of my 2010 lowered about one inch in the front Shelby ? Will this hurt performance,understeer of vehicle, handling ? Any info would be great, thanks......Eric

This may not answer your question fully as I do not know the difference between my 2008 and your 2010, but my 2008 SGT, which is Shelby factory lowered, can run the 18" 275s on the front. Many are using 275s all around for the track. Perhaps someone can chime in about differences between 2008 and 2010. I don't think the 19" part is of any moment as the tires you guys run are lower profile and end up with about the same diameter. Good luck with this.

Jim

This may not answer your question fully as I do not know the difference between my 2008 and your 2010, but my 2008 SGT, which is Shelby factory lowered, can run the 18" 275s on the front. Many are using 275s all around for the track. Perhaps someone can chime in about differences between 2008 and 2010. I don't think the 19" part is of any moment as the tires you guys run are lower profile and end up with about the same diameter. Good luck with this.

Jim

Thank you ..... thinking it will Be fine and I'm over stirring this thing, but I just don't want to lose any handling cause of this...that is my main concern...

Clearance shouldn't be an issue. Just be forewarned that you'll be more prone to hyrdoplaning - and if your tires are summer compound that turn into hockey pucks, they'll bite and pull at even trivial road defects.

I'd been seriously considering going to 275/40-19's all-around, as my everyday tires, but rethought it after deciding I'd be trading-away too much only to achieve uniformity. But, to be fair, I doubt the difference between 265 and 275 up-front is bound to be dramatic.

For me, I've already bought a set of 19 x 10 FR SVTPP clones. That pretty-much means I'm at at LEAST 255 up-front.

Clearance shouldn't be an issue. Just be forewarned that you'll be more prone to hyrdoplaning - and if your tires are summer compound that turn into hockey pucks, they'll bite and pull at even trivial road defects.

I'd been seriously considering going to 275/40-19's all-around, as my everyday tires, but rethought it after deciding I'd be trading-away too much only to achieve uniformity. But, to be fair, I doubt the difference between 265 and 275 up-front is bound to be dramatic.

For me, I've already bought a set of 19 x 10 FR SVTPP clones. That pretty-much means I'm at at LEAST 255 up-front.

Thanks for your input man....the more I think about it though I don't see how 20 mm between a 275 and a 255 that I have right now can be that significant of a change.. oh I don't drive in the rain so that's not a real concern...but I wanna get the nitto N05 's but it's either 245 or 275 up front, that's the only sizes in the 19 inch wheels....

Has anybody with wider than stock tires on the front experienced pulling? I've driven other vehicles that have done this but, with the GT500...

Archived