TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Texas Front License Plates

The Chairman

For all auto enthusiasts who have a vehicle registered in Texas:

House Bill 1068 is before the Texas Legislature that would drop the requirement for a front license plate in Texas.

Here's the link to the Bill’s status:

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=82R&Bill=HB1068

and the Bill itself:

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/82R/billtext/pdf/HB01068I.pdf#navpanes=0

It was referred to the Transportation committee a month ago and nothing has happened since. So if we want to make this Texas law, we all need to take action quickly.

Please write your local representatives to tell them you would like it to see it approved this session, or explain why they didn't get it approved.

Find your House Member here:

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/Members/Members.aspx?Chamber=H

and your Senate Member here:

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/Members/Members.aspx?Chamber=S

Once you find your Senator or Representative’s office e-mail address, recommend you send a note that reads something like this:

+++++++++++++++

Dear xxxxx,

House Bill 1068 was introduced into this legislative session. It deletes the requirement for a front license plate in the great state of Texas. I support this action and presume you do as well.

As we all know, the more progressive states enacted such a rule change several years ago, and it is certainly time for Texas to catch up in this regard. It would save money and reduce personal hassle with our precious vehicles.

I respectively request that you support this Bill (or an equivalent) in this session. If you have objections to this action, I would certainly like to understand those objections and am willing to engage with you or your staff on the topic.

Thank You in advance for your support of this action as well as your service to our great state.

Sincerely,

Xxxxxxx

++++++++++++

Let’s do something together on this topic.

Don't hold your breath on this getting signed by the Governor. This comes up almost every session and never makes it out of committee, the LE lobby fights this very hard. Been stopped twice, no ticket yet.....probably just jinxed myself.

I don't mind the front plates so much - I just got a mount that didn't require drilling into the bumper cover and it's all good.

Like Dwain, I'd be pretty surprised if this one passed.

• 4 weeks later...

I put mine under the hood. Had a DPS stop me last week and I told him I must have sucked it up and opened the hood and there it was. He started laughing so hard he let me go.

I got pulled for it the other day, so I broke down and zip stripped it the lower grille :confused:

+1

I put mine under the hood. Had a DPS stop me last week and I told him I must have sucked it up and opened the hood and there it was. He started laughing so hard he let me go.

LOL!!!HaHa!!!!

post-21354-0-82464900-1304862083_thumb.jpg

post-21354-0-82464900-1304862083_thumb.jpg

Snake,

With the roads/driveways/speed bumps we have in El Paso I went with Craig's Custom bracket. I got mine through JLTs.

I love mine - money very well spent.

2389.jpg

gotta love those roads :banghead:

nice OH-58D by the way

Hell, just be glad you don't live in the midwest or NE.....nothing we have in Texas comes close to what those guys have to deal with. The mega-potholes up there make driving cars like ours an impossibility in a lot of cases. I lived in Ohio for a few years and had a few memorable pothole experiences, like the one that broke the power steering pump bracket on my '67 Chevelle (left the pump hanging by the hoses) and the one that broke the gas tank straps in the same Chevelle. There are millions of potholes that are just like running off a curb and then into a curb.....Bam, Bam!! It's been 30 years and I still cringe to think about it.

potholes.jpg

Hell, just be glad you don't live in the midwest or NE.....nothing we have in Texas comes close to what those guys have to deal with. The mega-potholes up there make driving cars like ours an impossibility in a lot of cases. I lived in Ohio for a few years and had a few memorable pothole experiences, like the one that broke the power steering pump bracket on my '67 Chevelle (left the pump hanging by the hoses) and the one that broke the gas tank straps in the same Chevelle. There are millions of potholes that are just like running off a curb and then into a curb.....Bam, Bam!! It's been 30 years and I still cringe to think about it.

potholes.jpg

No I hear ya bro. I'm from Jersey originally. Roads are crazy out there as well.

Archived