TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fuel Starvation?

chrisducati

I have a 2011 GT500 with 600 miles on it. No issues at all until last weekend when it started dying when I would stop at traffic lights after going 50 or 60 mph. Car would restart each time with no problem. Fuel light was on, but it still showed at least an eighth of a tank and when I filled it up it only took 12.5 gallons. Hasn't reccurred after I filled the tank. Could the fuel pickup be at the back of the tank, so no fuel under braking? Anybody else have this problem?

I have a 2011 GT500 with 600 miles on it. No issues at all until last weekend when it started dying when I would stop at traffic lights after going 50 or 60 mph. Car would restart each time with no problem. Fuel light was on, but it still showed at least an eighth of a tank and when I filled it up it only took 12.5 gallons. Hasn't reccurred after I filled the tank. Could the fuel pickup be at the back of the tank, so no fuel under braking? Anybody else have this problem?

I had mine stall on me once to mine while driving 50 or 60. It just died and restarted with no problems but I never run my to the yellow light. Always running your car to empty will damage your fuel pump over time I've been told. My dad had to replace the fuel pump in his Cobra because he was always running it on fumes practically.

Archived