TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dash Emblems would be a great offering

rcable

Hello,

I am new to the forum and finally got my dream car back in August 2010. A 2008 GT 500- Vapor Silver with Ebony stripes. I have been looking at some of the classic 1967-70 GT 500 dash emblems to modify and put in my car. That side of the car could use a classic accent like a dash emblem. The problem with the old emblems is that they are gold or chrome, doesn't look like they would work well in the modern interiors. I think the 1968 dash emblem would look great with a brushed or satin finish. What does everybody else think? These would probably be a good seller as I don't see anyone else making and selling them.

Yeah, might be cool, if done as you say so it matches the car's overall look.

I cringe when I see the old ones stuck on the dash.

They just look out of place to me.

That said, like the steering wheel, I don't see SPP selling anything that sticks, or attaches to, the airbag cover.

You could see if the older one can be refinished/dipped in a statin sliver by a 3rd party perhaps?

Well, an older one could be repainted, but I still wouldn't put anything hard on the airbag cover. If you ever have they airbag deploy, it would become a projectile. Now, a sticker is fine since it'll just tear.

WIth that said, an emblem on the doors would look great; like the classic GT500s had. If I remember correctly, is was a round snake emblem.