TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Firewall to interior path

Ok so I got my SOS triple gauge a-pillar and I need to understand what the best way is to run wires thru the wirewall. I don't want to reinvent the wheel. Who has installed thier own a-pillar guages and wires etc? I'm looking for some reliable guages but don't want to break the bank, some of those things are expensive!! I'd like to do Air intake temp, Fuel pressure and air fuel mixture. I'll add a boost guage some other time since I'm running 8psi out of the paxton and I don't need a guage to watch that. Any tips or gauge suggestions welcome. thanks Guys!

Ok so I got my SOS triple gauge a-pillar and I need to understand what the best way is to run wires thru the wirewall. I don't want to reinvent the wheel. Who has installed thier own a-pillar guages and wires etc? I'm looking for some reliable guages but don't want to break the bank, some of those things are expensive!! I'd like to do Air intake temp, Fuel pressure and air fuel mixture. I'll add a boost guage some other time since I'm running 8psi out of the paxton and I don't need a guage to watch that. Any tips or gauge suggestions welcome. thanks Guys!

There is a grommet with pre stamped cut outs to the left and below the pedals.

I like the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge. You can monitor two functions at once.

I'd recommend running a boost gauge, regardless of how many pounds of boost you're running. It's a lot easier to detect a vacuum leak with a boost/vacuum gauge installed.

As for wiring, Michael is right. Just crawl under the driver's side of the dash and you'll find a big rubber boot with wiring already running through it. Clip a new hole through the huge grommet and you'll have easy access into the engine bay for your wires.

Thanks guys, that doesn't sound too bad. Now to shop guages.

I'd recommend running a boost gauge, regardless of how many pounds of boost you're running. It's a lot easier to detect a vacuum leak with a boost/vacuum gauge installed.

As for wiring, Michael is right. Just crawl under the driver's side of the dash and you'll find a big rubber boot with wiring already running through it. Clip a new hole through the huge grommet and you'll have easy access into the engine bay for your wires.

Archived