TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Trunk Mat

QUIKSVT

I just received my GT500 logo'd trunk mat and thought I'd share a pic for those of you that may be contemplating buying one of these. They look good, although I sort of wish it extended further back towards the back seat a bit more. Here's a few pics:

2011-03-24_17-45-07_824.jpg

2011-03-24_17-46-31_240.jpg

2011-03-24_17-46-23_378-1.jpg

2011-03-24_17-49-11_997.jpg

Strange- when I ordered it on the shelby site there was no option for vert/coupe, just the logo and the sound system:

https://www.shelbystore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=z4-3

That doesn't make sense. Everyone else that sells trunk mats for these cars also breaks them down as coupe or convertible. Shallow mats (like the one you have) for convertibles and deeper one for the coupes.

Trunk mats

These are for a 2007-09

Trunk mat options

just recieved mine also, looks great, and is a great quailty, there is NO option for coupe or vert, it fits correct , the mat ends where the trunk extends upward so it would not fit correct if it was any bigger, i think in the picture u see in the post above shows the rug in the trunk a bit litter in color , in real life it does not have that much of a contrast, so imo, it looks and fits correctly , don't judge by the pictures look for someone that has one and take a look u will be more than satisfied

just recieved mine also, looks great, and is a great quailty, there is NO option for coupe or vert, it fits correct , the mat ends where the trunk extends upward so it would not fit correct if it was any bigger, i think in the picture u see in the post above shows the rug in the trunk a bit litter in color , in real life it does not have that much of a contrast, so imo, it looks and fits correctly , don't judge by the pictures look for someone that has one and take a look u will be more than satisfied

You're correct. Shaker 1000 and non-shaker 1000 are the only options for that style of carpeted trunk mat. No coupe/convertible option.

I was looking at the "gripper" type as an option.

trunk mat

it fits correct , the mat ends where the trunk extends upward so it would not fit correct if it was any bigger, i think in the picture u see in the post above shows the rug in the trunk a bit litter in color , in real life it does not have that much of a contrast, so imo, it looks and fits correctly , don't judge by the pictures look for someone that has one and take a look u will be more than satisfied

Blue oval industries sells trunk mats that cover the whole factory trunk mat.

2010+

fm1960c.jpg

All the ones on their site are fulls mats. Seems like someone cheaped out on us. :rant2:

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=trunk+mat&x=0&y=0

sorry big dan but that mat is not the quality of the shelby one, it looks like a rubber mat , your correct on the fit, but like i said in my other post in real life it really does look good ,the shelby mat is a high quality carpeted mat , i really don't think if the shelby mat was any deeper into the trunk it problay would not sit correct because of the thickness of the mat (i don't think it would bend to the contour of the rise of the rear of the trunk)

Sorry big dan but that mat is not the quality of the shelby one, it looks like a rubber mat

I didn't know I had to hunt down one with the same carpet fiber specs as the Shelby mat, I just Googled mustang trunk mat and posted a pic. I posted that in direct response to and I quote "The mat ends where the trunk extends upward so it would not fit correct if it was any bigger" as proof that other companies sell a full trunk mat that does extend upward and fit's, not a 2/3 coverage mat.

I didn't know I had to hunt down one with the same carpet fiber specs as the Shelby mat, I just Googled mustang trunk mat and posted a pic. I posted that in direct response to and I quote "The mat ends where the trunk extends upward so it would not fit correct if it was any bigger" as proof that other companies sell a full trunk mat that does extend upward and fit's, not a 2/3 coverage mat.

your right dan the other company makes a mat that goes to the rear of the trunk, but that is because it a much thinner mat and is rubber, all i said was with the thickness of the shelby mat it would not bend correctly at the rise of the trunk , i would say thats why they made it that size,and at some time you see one in person the contrast in the stock mat and the shelby one is not that different , and the fit is perfect, i never said no one else made a mat that fits that way ,its your choice which ever one you like or you think looks better

This is a detail I haven't gotten to on the order for my 2012. So no trunk mat at all? Jeez - for the price we pay for the Shelby, you'd think this would come standard with the car like the floor mats. Ford should step up and deliver a fully outfitted car, considering the premium price they put on it.

This is a detail I haven't gotten to on the order for my 2012. So no trunk mat at all? Jeez - for the price we pay for the Shelby, you'd think this would come standard with the car like the floor mats. Ford should step up and deliver a fully outfitted car, considering the premium price they put on it.

LOL. Just wait until you find out it doesn't come with mats for the rear seats. I had to call the dealership about that, they said that they don't come with rear mats. Ended up ordering the rear mats from Shelby.

BTW, that trunk mat looks sweet. I'm going to have to put that on my wish list.

Archived