TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What brand 5w50 oil are you using

tonyd1

Just ordered 2 cs (6gt ea) of mobil 1 5w50 from the lubication store. it cost me 117.02 with the damn shipping, that worked out to 9.75 a gt. that's what Ford wants for there 5w50 full syn. what oil brand are you guys using and where are you getting it from, 5w50 seems to be hard to find. I know Auto zone carries the 5w50 castrol at 7.99 a gt plus tax, but mobil one shoulb be a better oil, isn't it. Any advise will be well appreciated,thanks Tonyd1.

Just ordered 2 cs (6gt ea) of mobil 1 5w50 from the lubication store. it cost me 117.02 with the damn shipping, that worked out to 9.75 a gt. that's what Ford wants for there 5w50 full syn. what oil brand are you guys using and where are you getting it from, 5w50 seems to be hard to find. I know Auto zone carries the 5w50 castrol at 7.99 a gt plus tax, but mobil one shoulb be a better oil, isn't it. Any advise will be well appreciated,thanks Tonyd1.

Do a search there is a ton of info and debate on what oil to use.

Using the Spec Motorcraft 5w50 until I can get the Mobil 1 from the local retailers...........

Mail order is a pain but Mobil 1 is the best..........I use it in all my other cars............

Castrol Syntec right now but in about 200 more miles I will be switching to "Redline" 5W50.

• 4 months later...

I've been using the Castrol Syntec 5w/50 since my ery first oil change, and all is good...

When Advance Auto parts has their "Castrol sale" you can get 5 quarts of oil and a K&N or other good filter for $25

So, being that you need 6.5 qts (7 bottles), I buy the "deal" 3 times (15 qts and 3 filters) and then I'm good for 2 full oil changes.

I use the 10-40 Amsoil but if I were to use a 5-50 it would be only Redline because the others mentioned above are Dino based no matter what the label tells you. Do the research just because Uncle let's them say the oil is synthetic does not make it so..