TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My car's getting Evolutionized!!!

90GT

Ever since I got my new wheels and tires put on I've been having issues with the huge wheel gap the car now has. I went from the stock 27 inch diameter wheel/tire combo to a 26 inch diameter combo so you can imagine how horrible it looks. Basically just take the stock wheel gap and almost double it. I've been planning all along to get the car lowered but wanted to wait a little while before getting it done. Well I can't stand it any more!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead: The car looks like sh..... and we can't have that.

So I went to Evolution today and made an appointment for Wed to have them take care of the issue. Fred and the guys were very helpfull and listened to what I wanted out of the car. Based on my performance goals this is the package we came up with:

Eibach Pro Kit Springs

Tokico D Spec Adjustable Struts/Shocks

Steeda HD Upper Strut Mounts

BMR Adjustable Upper Third Link

Steeda Adjustable Panhard Bar

Steeda Panhard Bar Brace

Evolution's own rear lower control arms

Combine all of this with the 255/40/18 front and 295/35/18 rear tires, and my car should stick to the road like super glue!!! :hyper: I originally wasn't planning on doing the rear control arms but Fred said it was better to do them now when the rear end would be apart rather than have to pay labor again to take apart what they just installed. Plus they made the pricing so attractive I couldn't refuse. So unfortunately my Bassani SS Race axle back exhaust will have to wait. Once the car is done I'll post some pics and write a review on how the car performs.

Yeah, Daddy! That's what I'm talkin' about! :banana piano:

These mods are going to give you a lot more confidence.

Try to take some pics if you can without them yellin' at ya!

Target Aquisition: C6! :rockon:

You hear?

Yeah, Daddy! That's what I'm talkin' about! :banana piano:

These mods are going to give you a lot more confidence.

Try to take some pics if you can without them yellin' at ya!

Target Aquisition: C6! :rockon:

You hear?

I'll see if they will let me take some pics, not sure if they want me poking around when they are trying to work on my car. :hysterical2::hysterical2:

I'll have pics of the completed install that I will post. The car should handle like it's on rails, I can't wait!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Cool, Jim.

Just don't forget why mine's still in the shop, you hear?

Be careful out there!

Oh I hear ya on that one. Would be nice to get her on a track away from the public just to see what she can do. Might have to see if one of the tracks near me (not drag strip) has a track day so I can get her out and open her up. I'd love to be able to attend one of the professional drivers classes, that would be a blast!!!

• 2 weeks later...

post-6180-1174522583_thumb.jpgpost-6180-1174522017_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1174522639_thumb.jpgpost-6180-1174522674_thumb.jpg

Finally got around to taking some pics of the car after the suspension install. The car now looks and handles ten times better than before. I love the adjustable Tokico's which allows me to go from a full race to a comfortable every day ride. I also went with a different exhaust than the Bassani SS Race axle backs. I got the Borla Stingers instead. Very similar in design and sound to the SS Race but the Borla's are a little deeper in tone and not as raspy. Either one will definitely wake up your neighbors at night!!! :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Next will be some power mods. I'll be looking at a JLT CAI, Steeda under drive pulleys, CMC Delete plates, American Racing long tube headers and X pipe, and then a custom tune from Evolution. I'm hoping for over 300 rwhp. :hyper:

post-6180-1174522017_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1174522583_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1174522639_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1174522674_thumb.jpg

Now yer talkin!

Man - those rims and springs hunker that bad boy down!

Looks sweet, man.

I'll bet the handling is much better.

Very slick, you hear? :rockon:

Thanks Ruf, handling is nice and taught. Car has little or no body roll and sticks like glue. The car does sit low with the low profile tires and the suspension drop. No way I could put any front spoiler on the car. First time up my driveway I'd rip it right off. :ohsnap:

How about an update?

With my Sportlines, I wouldn't want to do a cross-country road trip! A wee bit stiff!

How do you rate the body roll and overall stiffness of the suspension? Nose dive less under braking? How about oversteer/understeer changes? Still a little nose heavy? I don't have the pieces you do, so I'm not as confident getting the car into a drift (obviously!).

How about an update?

With my Sportlines, I wouldn't want to do a cross-country road trip! A wee bit stiff!

How do you rate the body roll and overall stiffness of the suspension? Nose dive less under braking? How about oversteer/understeer changes? Still a little nose heavy? I don't have the pieces you do, so I'm not as confident getting the car into a drift (obviously!).

The Pro Kit springs aren't as bad as the Sportlines and with the Tokico shocks I can pretty much tailor the ride to my taste. If I want I can make it race ready firm or soften the shocks up for a stock like ride. I have them set right in the center, the ride is stiffer than stock but not so much as to rattle my fillings. The car has a lot less nose dive under hard braking. The one thing I'm a little disappointed with is the car is still a little too nose heavy for my taste. It's less than when the suspension was stock but it still has a little more roll than I prefer. Most of my suspension mods were for the rear of the car. Next round I'm going to focus on the front by taking some weight off the nose with a tubular K member kit and then upgrade the sways. That should take care of the understeer.

Archived