TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SuperSnake/JBA Muffler ?

Hey boys & girls, earlier today I bought a set of the Shelby/JBA SS mufflers, Product Code: X-40-2641. These were sold to me as the "early type" SuperSnake mufflers.

Just wondering if anyone knows how these sound, compared to the stock KR muffs, and if they'll bolt right up in place of standard GT500 mufflers. I'm hoping to make my KR a little quieter with these, as they appear to be a chambered type, VS the KR straight through muff. '07 SuperSnake guys, how's your exhaust volume, compared to a KRs ? Below is a pic of the JBA/SS muffs:

X-40-2641-2.jpg

Thanks for any info. :)

Hey boys & girls, earlier today I bought a set of the Shelby/JBA SS mufflers, Product Code: X-40-2641. These were sold to me as the "early type" SuperSnake mufflers.

Just wondering if anyone knows how these sound, compared to the stock KR muffs, and if they'll bolt right up in place of standard GT500 mufflers. I'm hoping to make my KR a little quieter with these, as they appear to be a chambered type, VS the KR straight through muff. '07 SuperSnake guys, how's your exhaust volume, compared to a KRs ? Below is a pic of the JBA/SS muffs:

X-40-2641-2.jpg

Sweet mufflers. I'm guessing the KR unit was too much for you? may I ask where did you buy them? I may be interested in a pair myself. I also like the tips that the Shelby JBA mufflers have.

I assume that the JBA mufflers will bolt straight on. According to the Shelby magazine a few years ago; they take a regular GT500 and turn it into a KR so the muffler underpinnings should be the same.

Sound wise, I'm not really sure. I've found a few videos on YouTube that have the Shelby Super Snake with the JBA mufflers.

They may affect your opinion a bit because I think they also have the JBA headers on it too, but they are cool videos to watch.

X-40-2641-2.jpg

Looks like my mufflers tips!!!!!!

Picturedownload5-2-09035.jpg

My guess is that SPP is clearing out some of the old stock items that were offered when Scott Drake handled the SPP. This JBA stuff was available throught the catalog a couple of years ago. There were three options that I know of for JBA catback, direct fit to OEM 2.50 exhaust which I believe is what you have shown, then there was 2.50 to 3.0 which used the OEM size mid-pipe as the entry size to the catback, but then up sized to 3" at the mufflers, and then the 3" which attached to a 3" JBA mid-pipe. Mine is the fully mandrel bent 3" JBA that was offered in the early catalogs, it was called the "optional Super Snake 700 exhaust system" if I remember correctly. I chose the "with hi-flow cats" option for my car and used the Ford Racing shorty's to replace the rusty manifolds.

R

Thanks, guys. Yeah; the KR muff is a little on the loud side. I think it sounds great, but wanted to try and lower the volume, just a bit... My KR isn't a race car, but a GT tourer that I take out with the wife. Quieter would be better. :)

I recently bought the muffs from a SPP "blowout", before they went out of stock. I'm hoping to see them sometime soon... FedEx has 'em now. :)

Archived