TEAM SHELBY FORUM

sIDE SCOOPS 2011 GT500

tonyd1

what you fellow gt500 owners thinks ,yes or no on adding the side scoops to my race red white stripe 2011 gt500. opions greatly appreciated-Tonyd1

I have both quarter window (Shelby SS) scoops and lower Ford scoops on my 2010 and I like the look but I always liked the look of the 68 GT500 KR as a kid. Like SVT Naja says personal preference.

I've been considering some on my 2011 SVTPP to go along with the window scoops. I like the throwback style, but am concerned about doing some damage long term to the paint. Mine's black, so any scrape/scratch, etc. shows up like crazy, so hesitant to do something that's somewhat permanent.

tonyd1,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congratulations on your new 2011 Race Red w/White Stripes Shelby GT500. Scoops... some like them, some do not. Really a personal preference. I'd say go for it. happy%20feet.gif

+1.......Welcome and fun with your ride.... :shift:

what you fellow gt500 owners thinks ,yes or no on adding the side scoops to my race red white stripe 2011 gt500. opions greatly appreciated-Tonyd1

I have a set of the California Special ones just painted at my SVT dealer waiting to be picked up for my 2010 grabber Blue GT-500.

I have the Super Snake window scoops installed and I've always loved that double scoop look.

I've seen some cars on the Google with them installed and I still think it brings a real retro look to the car.

Some hate them..because they are non-functional but so are the window scoops so who really cares..

Personally, It's your car and your choice... If people object to my choices on my car, then let them buy their own car and do what they like..

To each their own I always say...enjoy your car what ever you choose..

Welsome to TS. I love the look. Seriously considering for mine.

tonyd1,

Welcome to TS! I say put the scoops on! Although I have a 2008 GT500, I do have a set of painted California Special Side Scoops waiting to be put on (it's way too cold here right now) when it's warmer. Makes the car look much meaner!

Mike

No doubt, this is strictly a personal preference kind of thing. I gave it some consideration, and decided against the scoops since they are not functional, and have somewhat of a bolt-on, afterthought look to them. The rest of the lines flow so nicely. However, I do like the window louvers and may put them on some time.

Do what works for you, man. It really looks ok either way.

No doubt, this is strictly a personal preference kind of thing. I gave it some consideration, and decided against the scoops since they are not functional, and have somewhat of a bolt-on, afterthought look to them. The rest of the lines flow so nicely. However, I do like the window louvers and may put them on some time.

Do what works for you, man. It really looks ok either way.

+1...

Welcome to the family.....you know this thread is useless without pics...so ,please post when you get a chance of your Shelby...I say yes to the side scoops....I have them on mine and they look great....

Enjoy your Shelby and do not forget to register it with SAI....

Alexandros

SAI Registrar GT 500

The only concern I've had is most are taped on. I'm assuming noone has had an issue with them blowing off from the previous posts, so I say get em.

Here's my 2 cents. Who really cares about the functionality? The look is what this particular mod is all about. If you have 2007 thru 2009 I say definitely do it. It's definitely a throwback look to the original GT500 and just plain looks badass. A No Brainer. Unfortunately on the 2010 and up body style the scoop is just too narrow. It just doesn't compliment the lines of the car in the least IMHO. Even Shelby must agree as the later model Super Snakes omit that particular 'upgrade'.

Unfortunately on the 2010 and up body style the scoop is just too narrow. It just doesn't compliment the lines of the car in the least IMHO. Even Shelby must agree as the later model Super Snakes omit that particular 'upgrade'.

I"m not sure where you got that information from but the only year model I know of that does not offer the side scoop is the 2010. And they may now although I know they didn't when I spoke with Shelby American about getting my '10 Snaked.

The 2011 and 2012 Super Snakes both show side scoops and quarter window scoops as a option (see "Build your Super Snake on Shelby American WWW site).

Phill

Archived