TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mobile-ease" Hands Free System

SPEEDY168

I am interested in putting in something that syncs to my phone through Bluetooth. I found this at Ford. Does anyone have any knowledge of how well it works ?

http://www.lombardfordaccessories.com/productDetail.cfm?productID=11408&categoryID=51&productTypeID=-1&CFID=6402802&CFTOKEN=302723

Can't get the link to work for me, so not sure what their price was, but check tasca's ebay auctions. I just saw they had one listed and I know they are trying to dump a lot of stuff before/during the move.

• 3 weeks later...

Plug this into your console connector and link it to your phone. I know it will play your music. I don't know if you talk through it.

http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-BluBridge-mini-jack-Rx-Bluetooth/dp/B0038MA11U/ref=pd_cp_e_1

Interesting....I might have to try this. The only issue might be auto connecting each time you get in /out of the car.

Had this added to a 2008 Mark LT when I was leasing it up until a year ago. Sync wasn't an option in the vehicle at that time. It provides a nice hands free system for your phone. It has some basic voice activation features. It certainly doesn't compare to the current day features of Sync, but if you're looking for a hands free phone set up, it's pretty decent. I would make sure it is compatible with the phone you are using. There may not be updates available for newer phones???

Sorry guys but hand held, hands free the research says it the same as driving drunk! besides who do you really need to talk to that bad! Big HP and not paying atention is not a good combo.

Just my 2 cents

Doesn't that unit play music through the little speakers on the device rather than your stereo?

are you referring to my post? If so, its not for music its for talking on your cell phone. The majority of the unit is a speaker and that is where their voice comes out. Reviews say its crystal clear and plenty loud enough with no background noise. The picture in their ad shows it in a vert, not sure how good that'd be with all the wind .

are you referring to my post? If so, its not for music its for talking on your cell phone. The majority of the unit is a speaker and that is where their voice comes out. Reviews say its crystal clear and plenty loud enough with no background noise. The picture in their ad shows it in a vert, not sure how good that'd be with all the wind .

Very cool. Let us know how it turns out.

Ooops, sorry...I could't open the link with my phone. Many of the Parrot devices handle phone and audio...and since the post just before yours was talking about bluetooth music I assumed this was one of them. My mistake. Glad you like this for phone calls though!

Ooops, sorry...I could't open the link with my phone. Many of the Parrot devices handle phone and audio...and since the post just before yours was talking about bluetooth music I assumed this was one of them. My mistake. Glad you like this for phone calls though!

No worries, it arrived today but I'm stuck at work til 11pm. I'll be sure to let you guys know how I like it once I get a chance to test it out.

• 2 months later...

No worries, it arrived today but I'm stuck at work til 11pm. I'll be sure to let you guys know how I like it once I get a chance to test it out.

Just wondering how your Parrot system install went. I am thinking of installing the same in my Shelby. Have you had a chance to install it yet and if so, how do you like it?

Regards,

Scott Halliday

Archived