TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I see Peter has the new 100mm flanged idler pulley up for sale now that I had him make for me and discussed in another thread here. The price is $129 for that pulley. The one you posted on (87 mm ribbed pulley) Andrew is the the idler that goes below the 100mm pulley I believe. $79 is a great price for that pulley. That's great that he is making the 87mm idler - he does some outstanding work.

I see Peter has the new 100mm flanged idler pulley up for sale now that I had him make for me and discussed in another thread here. The price is $129 for that pulley. The one you posted on (87 mm ribbed pulley) Andrew is the the idler that goes below the 100mm pulley I believe. $79 is a great price for that pulley. That's great that he is making the 87mm idler - he does some outstanding work.

It is and just to the left of the PS pulley.

I think it is time they make a PS pulley and an alternator pulley and a water pump pulley and an A/C compressor pulley, no ? ? ?

I think the 100mm you made is the most useful; the 87mm was to get rid of the plastic crap and is mainly for show. I hate rust and plastic crap ! !

Take Care

Andrew

Would be very nice if someone would offer a complete set of replacement idler pullies for our cars....only reason I have held off on replacing the plastic ones is because there isn't a set....

Actually someone does make a complete set including PS, AC and even S/C pulleys. Here's a link to a set he recently made along with the guy's contact info. in the 2nd post.

Custom Billet Pulley set

^They're a lot less likely to break under the stress of a fast spinning blower. The grooved pulley that Andrew replaced is especially well known for cracking and breaking apart with fatigue.

Yeesh... thanks. Even at 500ish hp? Or are we talking about much higher hp GT500's and such?

^LOL odds are that your pulleys will be fine honestly! I'm just sayin' that a lot of guys have seen failures, after adding blowers to their motors.

I wouldn't put these at the top of your mod list out of necessity, by any means. But when you run out of crap to modify, like me, this is the kind of thing worth buying. ;)

nothing worse than running out of crap to buy....

Not sure that is possible. I had to "promise" my wife there would be no more mods showing up until fall... so hopefully the speakers I just bought make into my garage without her seeing the UPS truck :D

Archived