TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT-R Sound clip

VERY NICE!!!!!! any HP gains from those?

I will upload the dyno sheet friday afternoon. I believe it was 367rwhp, 335lbtq. (Dyno Jet with heavier rollers)

And the power I gained was from all of my mods (Longtube headers, manifold, throttle body etc.), not just the cams lol. Cams alone will not give you much more power, but add the cams with some longtube headers and then you'll allow the cams to give you more power along with the headers.

Sounds great ! ...would sound better without the "music"...it makes its own music.

I know that! But did you notice the sound of the music turned down substantially when I filmed the car? The sound of the car comes first, music second. :happy feet:

And besides, the song compliments the sound perfectly! :hysterical::slapfight::finger:

Do you plan on the FRPP cylinder heads. Would think that would add about 25 more RWHP. Your thoughts?

Right now, no. I spoke to Jim D'amore and several other engine builders etc. and they said that the stock heads flow perfectly fine. Yes, doing ported and polished heads would add another 10-15 rwhp, but for the money it would cost to do the heads, is $2,800 dollars worth 10-15 extra rwhp? I say absolutely not! I'd rather spend the extra $1,200 on top of the $2,800 it would cost and put a paxton on the car and be putting out over 500rwhp. So for now, my stock heads are more than perfect for my set up. Just my .02

i hope your not going to spin it to 7k.... be lots of little pieces. 7k is not a safe speed for a unbuilt engine.

why get the frpp heads for 2K? you can get MMR stage 3 heads for 900. cheaper and every bit as good if not better.

youll love how it feels on the road with the cams. and they turn heads left and right

i hope your not going to spin it to 7k.... be lots of little pieces. 7k is not a safe speed for a unbuilt engine.

why get the frpp heads for 2K? you can get MMR stage 3 heads for 900. cheaper and every bit as good if not better.

youll love how it feels on the road with the cams. and they turn heads left and right

The rev limiter was lifted and the car was dyno'd and it made power all the way up to 7000. No, I don't go to 7000, when I'm really getting on it, 6000 is where I shift.

thats if you send them your pair of heads. i havent heard anything bad about there porting.

MMR is run by a gang of thieves, assholes, and morons. Stay as far away from them as you possibly can. I and countless others have been scammed by them worse than you could imagine. How they're still in business is beyond me. If you need your heads built, drop me a PM. I've got a guy in central California that builds 3V heads nastier than anyone and I've got the dyno sheets to prove it. :shift:

As for the cost/benefit of built heads, it comes down to what your ultimate goals with the car are. If you plan on building the bottom end, running long tubes, making big boost, etc, then getting those heads to flow will be of paramount importance. If you're going to stick near 500 rwhp, then built heads would be a waste of dough, in my opinion.

As for the redline, 7K RPM's is NOT safe on a stock bottom end. This will kill your motor quicker than damn near anything else. Unless you've got a built motor ready to drop in, I'd dial that rev limiter back down to stock.

Regardless, the Hot Rod cams sound great!

MMR is run by a gang of thieves, assholes, and morons. Stay as far away from them as you possibly can. I and countless others have been scammed by them worse than you could imagine. How they're still in business is beyond me. If you need your heads built, drop me a PM. I've got a guy in central California that builds 3V heads nastier than anyone and I've got the dyno sheets to prove it. :shift:

As for the cost/benefit of built heads, it comes down to what your ultimate goals with the car are. If you plan on building the bottom end, running long tubes, making big boost, etc, then getting those heads to flow will be of paramount importance. If you're going to stick near 500 rwhp, then built heads would be a waste of dough, in my opinion.

As for the redline, 7K RPM's is NOT safe on a stock bottom end. This will kill your motor quicker than damn near anything else. Unless you've got a built motor ready to drop in, I'd dial that rev limiter back down to stock.

Regardless, the Hot Rod cams sound great!

True, Or I could just not take it anywhere over 6000 and shift at 6000 when I get on it. :yup:

Just spoke to JDM, the cars red line with the intake and cams now is at 7200. On the dyno, the car made peak hp up to 6800. They told me these motors can handle that, especially when you not pushing that much power. I'm pushing 364rwhp, not 500+rwhp. If the car was pushing more power, then I think red lining the car around there would be a serious problem. But I think with the power I have, it should be fine. I'm not going to be red lining the car all the time. If anything I shift at 6000.

I've done some forum hopping and it seems opinions are all over the place on what the 3V can spin to without much in the way of solid documented facts.

I've been under the impression that many custom tunes typically bump the limit to 6800 and that Ford set the limit at something like 6250 not because of durability concerns but because the stock cam profiles don't produce much beyond that. (I have no idea how accurate that is)

Having said that, I would feel better with beefier springs and lifters at the very least if I was spin a 3V to 7k but I 'think' these motors are capable of it. I just wouldn't live there for extended periods.

Just a quick video of the car at idle. Didn't rev it much. More videos to come (Flyby's and so on) B)

Idle is set at 850. My redline is now at 7000 thanks to the new intake manifold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S4bXUxBUdY&feature=channel_video_title

I absolutely love the exhaust note that your car puts out! Did that come from just putting the hot rod cams in or is it a combination of parts? I've been looking at the cams for a few months now, but didn't wanna spend the money and not get the exhaust note that I wanted. If that note is just from those cams I'm not going to be able to live without them now!

I absolutely love the exhaust note that your car puts out! Did that come from just putting the hot rod cams in or is it a combination of parts? I've been looking at the cams for a few months now, but didn't wanna spend the money and not get the exhaust note that I wanted. If that note is just from those cams I'm not going to be able to live without them now!

First thing I did to my car to change the sound was the KR mufflers. Made the car much louder under WOT and no drone. The stock mufflers are triple chamber mufflers and muffle the sound a lot!!!

The exhaust note I have now is thanks to the Longtube headers, which made the car MUCH louder under WOT (It is border line stupid loud lol). The cams definitely gave the car a little different sound as well. If you want a different sound right off the bat, change your mufflers (axleback). Longtube headers will make the exhaust much louder. Cams are really just heard at idle, however they do give the car a bit of a different tone then the stock cams driving around.

I'm with Kahmann on the 6250 redline for the stock engines. 7000 rpm is crazy for these engines. I wouldn't push it past the 6250 redline, which is where mine is set. The difference between 7000, 6800 or 6250 is not that significant, except when the rods let loose. These powdered rods shouldn't be pushed in the 4.L Mustangs. I believe the attached pic is very evident of what happen could happen in the "red" zone. It is my favorite boat anchor now!!!!

post-26281-0-19071000-1301887958_thumb.jpg

post-26281-0-19071000-1301887958_thumb.jpg

Archived