TEAM SHELBY FORUM

305/35/20 drag radial

Has anyone tried to put a 305/35/20 on the 20x10 alcos?

According to the tire specs it will fit on a 10" rim, may have to adjust the ride height a little to keep the tire from rubbing.

I am currently running Nitto Invo 295/35/20 and thought the Nitto NT555R would help a little more on traction, just trying not to have to cut the bumpstop bracket

Shane

hello shane,

i ran the nitto555R on my shelby alcoas 20". They do fit, IMO if you have 650+ rwhp they really aren't worth it, they will spin just like the rest of the tires if you want traction you will have to go away from the 20" rims. my 555R's lasted 3k miles before they were done, my car has 715rwhp and it made very little difference, my nitto invo's actually come today, i used to run the nitto 555 they lasted about 15k miles.

Good luck

Kyle

hello shane,

i ran the nitto555R on my shelby alcoas 20". They do fit, IMO if you have 650+ rwhp they really aren't worth it, they will spin just like the rest of the tires if you want traction you will have to go away from the 20" rims. my 555R's lasted 3k miles before they were done, my car has 715rwhp and it made very little difference, my nitto invo's actually come today, i used to run the nitto 555 they lasted about 15k miles.

Good luck

Kyle

Kyle , thanks for the info

• 1 month later...

According to the tire specs it will fit on a 10" rim, may have to adjust the ride height a little to keep the tire from rubbing.

I am currently running Nitto Invo 295/35/20 and thought the Nitto NT555R would help a little more on traction, just trying not to have to cut the bumpstop bracket

Shane

I just put a set of the Nitto NT05-R 315/35R20 on my Super Snake. They have stopped the sliding and the hook up is pure joy!!! Biggest problem is they are to tall and rub when you nail it. There for, I would say the

305/35R20 should be a great fit. I'm running the 315 on the supersnake rims. I had to remove the rear air scope for the brake cooling to get them on. I'm sure you will also have to remove them to get the 305 on.

Hope this helps,

JT

I just put a set of the Nitto NT05-R 315/35R20 on my Super Snake. They have stopped the sliding and the hook up is pure joy!!! Biggest problem is they are to tall and rub when you nail it. There for, I would say the

305/35R20 should be a great fit. I'm running the 315 on the supersnake rims. I had to remove the rear air scope for the brake cooling to get them on. I'm sure you will also have to remove them to get the 305 on.

Hope this helps,

JT

JT, If you have a SS you should be able to adjust the rear coil over to raise the ride height right?

Are your wheels 20x10 or did you widen them?

Can you post some pics

Thanks, Shane

JT, If you have a SS you should be able to adjust the rear coil over to raise the ride height right?

Are your wheels 20x10 or did you widen them?

Can you post some pics

Thanks, Shane

Shane, I'll get some pictures tonight of the car. I didn't think of adjusting the springs, great thought. I'll have them posted tomorrow. Have to figure out how to do it, I'm one of those baby boomers, maybe I can get my daughter to help.

JT

Thanks, Shane

^^^^^^^^^Only if the Eibach adj. suspension was chosen. The standard build comes with the FRPP susspension and it is not height adjustable.

Shane - I am running 12" Alcoas and I have not cut my brackets.............

R

^^^^^^^^^Only if the Eibach adj. suspension was chosen. The standard build comes with the FRPP susspension and it is not height adjustable.

Shane - I am running 12" Alcoas and I have not cut my brackets.............

R

Thanks Robert,

I saw somewhere in the forum that you were selling your 335 Michelin setup to go to a smaller 325 tire, I can think that a 325 street tire would be better than a 315 DR for hooking up. Have you thought about trying a Nitto 315 drag radial on your 12"?

Shane, I'll get some pictures tonight of the car. I didn't think of adjusting the springs, great thought. I'll have them posted tomorrow. Have to figure out how to do it, I'm one of those baby boomers, maybe I can get my daughter to help.

JT

JT, If you have the Eibach coil overs you should be able to tighten up the coil over bottom nut which will raise the ride height.

Is your Alcoas 20X10? or did you have them widened?

Shane

JT, If you have the Eibach coil overs you should be able to tighten up the coil over bottom nut which will raise the ride height.

Is your Alcoas 20X10? or did you have them widened?

Shane

Shane email me at lonestar@dashlink.com, this is the only photo it would let me upload and I'll email you the other photos tomorrow.

JT

post-21462-0-86616400-1303959010_thumb.jpg

post-21462-0-86616400-1303959010_thumb.jpg

Shane email me at lonestar@dashlink.com, this is the only photo it would let me upload and I'll email you the other photos tomorrow.

JT

Forgot to answer your question, I have stock 20"x10" supersnake rims, no mods.

Thanks Robert,

I saw somewhere in the forum that you were selling your 335 Michelin setup to go to a smaller 325 tire, I can think that a 325 street tire would be better than a 315 DR for hooking up. Have you thought about trying a Nitto 315 drag radial on your 12"?

It is not the tire that hits the bracket, it is the inside surface of the rim on the widened rim applications. The rim overlaps the portion of the bracket that sticks out and touches when the suspension is extended to a certain point. The pictures below is what I am talking about.

Shown below is the amount of suspension drop to contact my brackets.

The 325/30...........

003-2.jpg

The 335/30..............

004-1.jpg

In both pictures shown above, the Alcoa's are resting on the brackets. The tires are not touching anything. The reason I have chosen the 325/30 Dunlops was to get a tire profile that was closer to the original Super Snake look with less bulge on the sidewall. Even with a 315, the Alcoa's would rest on the brackets at some point. I think this would be the case with any Alcoa wider than 11", but getting a larger tire on an 11" rim, and not getting "flabby looking" would be the next issue.

If you feel that your rear tires drop out (extend) to the point shown above when driving your car, than yes, the brackets will have to be removed. I personally have not encountered this yet, even when entering my 45% turn up hill driveway.

R

• 10 months later...

Shane

Shane

Just wondering what your feedback is on the Nitto Invo so far, I'm currently running the Toyo T1R's on SS Alcoas with a 275/35/20 on the back and want to go wider, I'm considering the Invo, 255/35 F and a 295/35 rear.

Also wondering if your 500 is lowered and if so, with what springs? Any rubbing issues with the INVOs?

thx.

Hope this helps,

JT

Where do they rub? I am considering these tires as well. I have the Eibach suspension set up and would probably adjust the ride height to make sure that they clear. Also did you get the standard NT05-R or the Drag Radial version? Thanks for the info, it really helps.

Where do they rub? I am considering these tires as well. I have the Eibach suspension set up and would probably adjust the ride height to make sure that they clear. Also did you get the standard NT05-R or the Drag Radial version? Thanks for the info, it really helps.

My guess is that since the 305/35 is so tall the fender well contacts it upon acceleration.

R

Hey robert m,

how do you like the 325 dunlops? do they hook up well? are they worth the investment for traction? on the fence with the 325 dunlops or the toyo 315 drag radial...I need to do something soon, my 730 rwhp and 295 toyos are not cutting it

I like my 325's, they do much better than the 275's. How well they do against a drag radial? the drag radial may do better, I don't know? As for investment in traction, the down side is the 325 cost big $$$. To me they look Great, they work much better than the 275's, but in the end if you are spinning them, they are wearing and that is a large wear cost vs. some of the other lesser expensive tires. I found a spare pair of 325's at a very good price (relative to the normal price) to install when needed, that way I don't feel so bad when I turn the car up.

R

Archived