TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Drove A 2012 Boss 302 Today

07SGT4578

The red key is sweet, and the Recaro's were great. Now I want one. banghead.gif

Edit: This car is for sale, if anyone wants more info let me know.

2012whiteboss.jpgredkey.jpg

Is that your review? :banghead:

Anything else you can give us?

The dealers here out east are still waiting for their first cars. Should be in the next week or so.

I will start with saying that all of the pictures that I have seen of these cars, and the couple I have seen elsewhere, I absolutely hated the way that they looked with the contrasting roof. I loved the black out panel on the white car. It really fit right in with the decals on the hood and on the side. The Wheels looked excellent with the white paint also.

Although I am not in the market for one of these, if I was, the white car is the one I would buy.

You guys have all seen what the outside looks like, and some have seen the interior also so I won't talk about it much besides the seats.

THE RECARO SEATS WHERE AWESOME.

At 185lbs and 6'1" I have always been skinny for the most part. Man o' man did those seats hug me better than any seat in a production car I have ever driven. For those of you that have been less than ecstatic about the seats being electric, you will forget all about it as soon as your butt hits the seat.

The shifter is less than to be desired. It really needs to have a shorter throw. The tach lights up red when its time to shift (like the 2010 and 2011) except at 7500 RPMshift.gif

The videos and commercials do no justice for the sound this thing makes with the red key. Where it is no GT350, it still sounds great. No muffler change needed on these bad boys.

The drive was great, mash the peddle and there she goes. I do not care for the clutch to much (too light on the pedal), and as I said before it needs a shorter throw on the shifter. The "red key" turns off the advance trac, so there is no need to push the button down and hold it when starting the car. The car handles nice, again it is no 350, similar to a SGT. The car is very capable of doing what it says on the speedo. Lets just say its a good thing no police were in the area. angry2.gif

I will also say this, my seat dyno says that the Ford published numbers for this car is a lie. I'm thinking they are very very conservative with that number.

All in all for the money, if I was in the market, would be a good bang for the buck. As I have stated many times, this is no GT350 (either N/A, or blown) but a great throw back worthy of the Boss 302 name. They will definitely be getting trophies at the track for sure.

So Chris, will it keep up with your GT/SC! :banghead:

What is the price?

HELL NOAre you crazy John. Ford IS NOT going to make a car faster than a GT500. hysterical.gif

the price is sticker + $2500. I believe the sticker is $43600.00 or there abouts

Thanks for the write up Chris. I will be adding a Mustang in the real near future and the BOSS is on top of my list. :rockon:

Yeah Dan, I certainly understand your dilemma, afterall it's the only one you DON'T have. :hysterical:

HELL NOAre you crazy John. Ford IS NOT going to make a car faster than a GT500. hysterical.gif

the price is sticker + $2500. I believe the sticker is $43600.00 or there abouts

I bought my Boss at $40,995 with no ADM like most others on the Mustang Forums. From what they say it will not compete with my 40th in a drag but will give it a run for the money on the track. Should have it soon and time will tell. The red Trackey is not activated when delivered and is currently on hold by Ford for activation in late spring by dealer. http://forums.themustangsource.com/f813/those-who-have-ordered-what-you-paying-489394/

I bought my Boss at $40,995 with no ADM like most others on the Mustang Forums. From what they say it will not compete with my 40th in a drag but will give it a run for the money on the track. Should have it soon and time will tell. The red Trackey is not activated when delivered and is currently on hold by Ford for activation in late spring by dealer. http://forums.themustangsource.com/f813/those-who-have-ordered-what-you-paying-489394/

Don't have time to read thru 13 pages over there but it sure sounded like the car Chris drove had the red key activated. Anyone know more about this?

Steve

From all other reports (Ford, and those whom have taken delivery of their Boss) All the keys are "active" from the factory, however, the track tune for the "Red" key (or whichever key you prefer it to be) isn't available for purchase til Summer timeframe.

From all other reports (Ford, and those whom have taken delivery of their Boss) All the keys are "active" from the factory, however, the track tune for the "Red" key (or whichever key you prefer it to be) isn't available for purchase til Summer timeframe.

Sounds like Chris will then need to go back this summer for another "drive" :) Chris bring a video camera with you for your next ride.

Steve

Either way, there was a difference in exhaust note and the way the engine sounded too. Also, I forgot to mention yesterday how the launch control is awesome. I wish my car had it and the Recaro's. I was aware that the launch control was only activated with the red key.

So for what it is worth, I stand behind what I said previously.

GT67, and Stngfevr have you two driven a Boss, or have you just read about them on mustang source forums?

Chris

Either way, there was a difference in exhaust note and the way the engine sounded too. Also, I forgot to mention yesterday how the launch control is awesome. I wish my car had it and the Recaro's. I was aware that the launch control was only activated with the red key.

So for what it is worth, I stand behind what I said previously.

GT67, and Stngfevr have you two driven a Boss, or have you just read about them on mustang source forums?

Chris

No I haven't like I said in my post,still waiting, but the people that have their cars are a little frustrated with Ford because all Boss cars are 50 state certified. Ford hasn't met the CA standards and are working it out. MY dealer is giving me the go around on it. :banghead:

http://forums.themus...-492330/index6/

Don

Have I driven one, NO. Have I rode in one, YES. Have I spoken to Dave Pricek (Chief Mustang Engineer) YES.

"This will be extremely affordable. Track key is awesome, an industry first. One key has a black Boss another has a red. Both keys work the same at purchase. In the FRPP catalog [or we can assume on line] you can purchase a calibration for the PCM to totally change the personality of the vehicle. With Trackey you get a bunch more, over 200 tweaked parameters. It gives you more low-end torque, 10 lb-ft between 1500-2500 rpm, and the calibration is aggressive at tip in, it's going to hit and the car will go."

Found Here: http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/mmfp_101111_ford_mustang_chief_engineer_dave_pericak_interview/index.html

While this may have changed, no other reports of this have surfaced from those that have taken delivery.

MSRP is $40,995, but the accessory pack (car cover and floor mats with Boss logo) is $475 and the Recaro/Torsen package is another $1,995, so the total for a Boss with all the options (all two of them) is $43,465.

We have one on order and a build date is scheduled for 4/4 and delivery tentatively set for 4/16, crossing my fingers it is not delayed.

Maybe it is different here in Oklahoma. I have a buddy who lives in California whom bought a Shelby GT from around here and got it home and couldn't register it. So maybe places that don't care about emissions get it?

There was way to many things happening with the car for the red key to not mean anything. I figure if I was Ford, I would make that statement too so that people don't just go for a joyride like I did when the cars are on the lot.

I would also see no reason to sale a car with four keys if they are all the same.

I still stand with my previous posts.

MSRP is $40,995, but the accessory pack (car cover and floor mats with Boss logo) is $475 and the Recaro/Torsen package is another $1,995, so the total for a Boss with all the options (all two of them) is $43,465.

We have one on order and a build date is scheduled for 4/4 and delivery tentatively set for 4/16, crossing my fingers it is not delayed.

Good for you. I did not know your were ordering one. What colors did you pick? Mine is still scheduled for 3rd quarter. I need a ride when you get it. In fact, you can drive the 350 iffin I can drive the boss. :shift:

Good for you. I did not know your were ordering one. What colors did you pick? Mine is still scheduled for 3rd quarter. I need a ride when you get it. In fact, you can drive the 350 iffin I can drive the boss. :shift:

We went with Competition Orange/Black, Recaro/Torsen and the accessory pack. The only other color we considered was the white but settled on the Orange, what Dee really wanted was Grabber Green.

I have also already been in touch with Parnelli Jones and have a box ready and waiting for the airbag cover to go for a signature, going to try and order the spare cover now that the cars are actually shipping.

As for driving one, well I hope to change that when Don brings his North :shift::hysterical:

We will be leaving Cocoa Beach on June 4th with the Hot Rod Power Tour, and we can meet in Nashville, and you can give it a run. Just remember, we seem to have a problem with cops when we get together. :rant2: This time you do all the talking.:hysterical: Also, we can find out if Chris is correct comparing your SGT to my Boss. :slapfight: Sounds like this could be a lot of fun but I worry what the consequences will be.:angry22: I found this video Carroll comments on the Boss.happy%20feet.gif

Archived