TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 ShelbyGT500

olie02

Have been waiting years to buy a Shelby GT500, and tommorow is the day... Has anyone else Purchased a 12MY on here, and any recomendations as to New Mufflers?.. I'm sure nothing has changed since 2011, and Im looking for a deep throaty roar...

I am a Finance Manager for a Ford Dealer by the Way, so I tend to get a little insight on them sooner than most, if I can ever help anyone...

olie02,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your new 2012. You've got to post up some pictures of that bad boy when you pick it up tomorrow!

You might want to check out the regional groups (Pacific Coast Region) for some upcoming TS activities.

BTW - Are you with Future?

SVT NAJA,

Thank you for the Welcome...I am a bit nervous, lol.. I was a Major Huge Mustang buff up intil I Sold my Mach in 08.. Now I feel like myself again going back to good ole' Muscle.

I actually Work for the Fahrney Automotive Group in Selma/Madera. However I did work for Future for 2 years, ending in 2009...

And I'm Hella Excited to pick up my 12... I had to Trade >3< Vehicles with a Dealer in Southern CA just to get the Gt500... I have 3 brand New Cars sitting outside of my place, just waiting to be driven down there tommorow with a couple friends of mine..its quite Hilarious.

olie02,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your new 2012. You've got to post up some pictures of that bad boy when you pick it up tomorrow!

You might want to check out the regional groups (Pacific Coast Region) for some upcoming TS activities.

BTW - Are you with Future?

Lame Question I'm sure, but are the Regional Groups info on this site, or somewhere else?

and any recomendations as to New Mufflers? Im looking for a deep throaty roar...

Congrats on your new 2012

Mufflers wont make it much deeper or give you a throatier roar, just LOUDER. You are gonna have to go long tube headers if you want more of a deep throaty roar. Just drive it and you will most likely fall in love with the sound just like most 2011 owners..

Mufflers wont make it much deeper or give you a throatier roar, just LOUDER. You are gonna have to go long tube headers if you want more of a deep throaty roar. Just drive it and you will most likely fall in love with the sound just like most 2011 owners..

The 2011/12's sound great. IMO the only thing the exhaust needs is nicer looking tips on the mufflers.

Have been waiting years to buy a Shelby GT500, and tommorow is the day... Has anyone else Purchased a 12MY on here, and any recomendations as to New Mufflers?.. I'm sure nothing has changed since 2011, and Im looking for a deep throaty roar...

It has that stock. It is one of the best sounding stock American V8 exhaust systems I have heard. My advise is to leave it alone and maintain your warranty.

Make sure you push the gap insurance, 100k premium care warranty, maintenance package, windshield repair , paint sealant, undercoating, etc..... I know you can sell this to yourself. :hysterical:

Nice get on the 2012. Were you on Mach1Registry?

Oh, come on. The GAP insurance is something only an idiot wouldn't get unless they put down a lot, or their own insurance company has it. Either way, they are getting GAP. I always would get an extended warranty. Another $2650 got me 7/70 bumper to bumper on the last car I bought. Given my experience with cars, that would easily pay for itself over time.

Undercoating... isn't even offered anymore, is it? Comes stock.

Paint Sealant...Rejex! $28 for 2 bottles, best stuff I ever used.

Get the GAP and the warranty and the maintenance package, but only if it covers oil changes and tires :)

Yeah, good advice, I think I will... I had BBK Long Tube headers and removed the Cats, adding a MAC Pro-chamber on my Mach, with Delta40 Flowmasters, and it ended up sounding like a stock car, which was cool and all, but a little too loud, I think the Headers will be good.. Any Suggestions as to what brand to put on?,, I remember my BBK ones coating burned off in a couple months, and looked like trash...They were supposedly going to warranty replace them for me, but who wants to go through all that work of re-installing them.. I know i didnt..

Make sure you push the gap insurance, 100k premium care warranty, maintenance package, windshield repair , paint sealant, undercoating, etc..... I know you can sell this to yourself. :hysterical:

Nice get on the 2012. Were you on Mach1Registry?

lol, I'm selling the car to myself so I'll try my best. Actually the Ford ESP Is the Best and Cheapest plan to buy of most manufacturers. Especially with a GT500-Well Worth Any Penny.. Plus I can buy just above cost, where most dealers make a slamming 100 or 150% profit on them. the Maintenence plan is pointless, they "really" dont save you any money, and they are overpriced. The Gap is an Obvious yes. PaintSealant, windshield, Security code tags, etc are all a sham to make dealer profit.. Now mind you the do actually have a function, but most will never use them. Out Paint and Fabric Protectant Warranties that if you ever get a stain on the inside, or a tiny waterspot on the outside, we will fix or replace it for Free for 5 years! Now You all know it doesnt matter what you slap on the paint, if you park in a sprinkler, your gonna have waterspots.. or Spill a Gatorade or Starbucks on the Inside, your going to have to replace the entire carpet Section, Which will run close to $1000 bucks.. All for just $500- It is a value if you want to keep bringing your car in every time you get a spot...which trust me...I regret selling that shit sometimes.

you will love the sound of the car stock i love my 11 red white stripes svt ppg just broke 2000 miles last sunday these cars rip just let the tires warm up alittle if you can

The sound is Great, Especially upon Startup, but after that...its just a bit underated for me... and like stated in another post, the Supercharger does NOT have enough Whine.. The Shifts are much easier and smoother than the 08 model for Sure, and the New E.P.A.S. System makes steering a breeze. Also what I realized after four, yes *4* hours stuck in LA Traffic on the 405, and another 3 hours drive after that, is that the SVTPP Suspension does not give very much at all, great for racing, not so great for our shitty California Freeways that are falling apart.. I think I need a massage tommorow after that unforgiving ride. BUT I Honestly Loved every Painfull minute of it. My baby has 276 miles on it.

BTW, If anyone wants to buy a Premium Care Extended Service Plan backed by Every Ford Dealer in the United States or Canada, We have the ability to sell them without you being at our dealership, and I can give you all a smoking deal.. I'll check prices at work tommorow, but you can go as high as 7year, 125,000 miles just like a bumber to bumber, get rental benefits, and have $0 to $200 deductible. You can even Finance it through a Budco, a subsidy of ford, with 10% down, 0% APR and payments for up to 17 months, with no Credit Checks..

I know I'm sounding salesman here, but I believe in these things so much...and Would never own a car without a warranty, Especially the Way I drive, and you all may as well. My $4800 Warranty on my Benz, saved me from a $12,000 Repair just 2 weeks ago.. and multiple others.. The Ford plan is Starts around $1,000 and yes thats for the Cobra. If you purchase before 12.months or 12,000 miles being on the vehicle you get the "new car Cost" and if under 36/36,000 you can still do it as well.

C'Mon. You think fords aren't made in Mexico with Japanese parts? I looked under the hood of my GM the other day and say on the serpentinee belt "mitsubishi". American cars are like Americans. The come from everywhere. Buy what you want and enjoy it. Great choice, OP!

BTW, If anyone wants to buy a Premium Care Extended Service Plan backed by Every Ford Dealer in the United States or Canada, We have the ability to sell them without you being at our dealership, and I can give you all a smoking deal.. I'll check prices at work tommorow, but you can go as high as 7year, 125,000 miles just like a bumber to bumber, get rental benefits, and have $0 to $200 deductible. You can even Finance it through a Budco, a subsidy of ford, with 10% down, 0% APR and payments for up to 17 months, with no Credit Checks..

I know I'm sounding salesman here, but I believe in these things so much...and Would never own a car without a warranty, Especially the Way I drive, and you all may as well. My $4800 Warranty on my Benz, saved me from a $12,000 Repair just 2 weeks ago.. and multiple others.. The Ford plan is Starts around $1,000 and yes thats for the Cobra. If you purchase before 12.months or 12,000 miles being on the vehicle you get the "new car Cost" and if under 36/36,000 you can still do it as well.

I may be interested , what kind of pricing are you offering ? 2012 GT500

Can you pm me a price on a 2008 Ford Fusion SE Sport with 34k miles on it?

Roger

Shame on me, I didnt bring my cost book home, but I will check at work tommorow. Email me your Vin# and I'll give you options. isales@maderaford.com

Dustin.

Looks like an Ingot Silver - Stripe Delete???

Yeah, I need to take better pics, lol.. But yup, I love the Depth of the ingot silver, much better than brilliant silver if you ask me. And let me tell you, I racked my brain for weeks deciding on color, and I coudlnt be happier. and with the PP Package, It had red Stripes, and I said no way to that...However to be honest, this was the Only Ingot Silver Cobra avail in the Whole state of CA that was a 12MY, so It wasnt all by my choice.. If I had it my way, I would also have the Glass Roof, but there were no 12's with that option yet.. then there were a handfull of black ones out there, but too hott for the Valley!

Geez does that now make it 5 silver stripe delete PP in nor cal. :drop:

I gotta get mine painted soon.

LOL...

Dan, I've been thinking the same thing...

I'm considering wide flat black stripes, or maybe the KR blue? Could go red or white too! We should draw straws... :hysterical:

Archived