TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can someone check the Registry?

MaxCustody

Hi all! This is my first post, I live south of San Antonio, Texas and currently have a 2000 Corvette vert. I am thinking of trading in the vert for a Shelby GT. Currently there are three in San Antonio and I wondering if someone could check the registry to see if the are legit. Also could add them to the registry if they are not already there. 1st 2008 Blue 08SGT0479 VIN 1ZVHT82H085122476 / 14,237 miles asking $31,754. 2nd 2007 Black 07SGT0656 VIN # 1ZVHT828H975289725 / 61,052 miles asking $29,995. 3rd 2007 White 07SGT4895 VIN# 1ZVHT82H575357101 / 72,304 miles asking $21,988. I really like my vette, but I have always liked the Shelbys.

Thanks

All three cars numbers match. They are true SGT's. The blue car has never been registered, and the black and the white car have both been registered to owners in Tx. Again, welcome to Team Shelby and good luck in your quest to ownership. If I can help you any more let me know.

Chris

Check this one out ! It may be a steal ! http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65759-sgt081572-for-sale-on-autotrader-cheap/

I'm originally from Pearsall 100 mile marker on I-35 ; what town are you from ?

Thanks for the info, I also sent an email to the seller at Pearl River, I wonder why it is so cheap? A little about me, I live in Karnes City, Texas which is halfway between San Antonio and Beeville. I work in Three Rivers, Texas. I have wanted a Shelby GT since they first came out. My wife thinks I am crazy because I want to turn the Corvette into a Shelby. She really likes the vette, I just can't afford two toys. As far as colors I like the black, then the blue. However, the white one is the cheapest one that is close by. Pearl River is probebly 8 or 9 hours away. That being said, if it is still there and nothing wrong with it, I can see me taking a road trip. Sorry for the ramble.

Don

Don, welcome to Team Shelby. I'll send you a private message (PM) with a bit more info.

Good luck on which ever SGT you chose. You cant go wrong with any of them.

I will tell you that there are several Shelby owners on here who defected from a Vette to a Shelby and they will tell you that the Shelby will get WAY more looks, thumbs ups and complements than the Vette did.

Thanks for the info, I also sent an email to the seller at Pearl River, I wonder why it is so cheap? A little about me, I live in Karnes City, Texas which is halfway between San Antonio and Beeville. I work in Three Rivers, Texas. I have wanted a Shelby GT since they first came out. My wife thinks I am crazy because I want to turn the Corvette into a Shelby. She really likes the vette, I just can't afford two toys. As far as colors I like the black, then the blue. However, the white one is the cheapest one that is close by. Pearl River is probebly 8 or 9 hours away. That being said, if it is still there and nothing wrong with it, I can see me taking a road trip. Sorry for the ramble.

Don

I'm guessing the SGT for $22k is the one you're wondering why its so cheap. I'd say the price reflects the mileage of over 72,000 miles. If it was me I think I would pay a little more to get a car with at least 1/2 the miles on it. Lots of good deals out there.

Steve

No I was wondering about the car in Pearl River, LA. It is a 2008 Shelby with only 14,000 miles and they only want $16.500. Seems like a really low price, and it makes you wonder why so cheap.

Wow, that is cheap. low milage, 16,500, makes you wonder if there's anything wrong with it.

Welcome to the club

Chris can you check the register? the VIN is 1ZVHT82H185143756, CSM # 08SGT1572, The good news is that is the exact same amount that has been offered on my vette.

Thanks,

Don

Will check when I get home, I will post back here soon.

Not trying to sway your vote but if I were you, I'd go with the Black one since it's the fastest color!!!

Welcome to the club! Look up Sean Cook "sportscars" on here he's from down that way maybe he can help ya out too!

Welcome to TS but don`t listen to Doug he has a colour problem when he thinks he see black its really Vista Blue (fastest colour) as it is a bluRRRRR when it passes him .:hysterical:

No I was wondering about the car in Pearl River, LA. It is a 2008 Shelby with only 14,000 miles and they only want $16.500. Seems like a really low price, and it makes you wonder why so cheap.

I just received an email from the seller. Can anyone tell me if this sounds legit?

"Hello,

The car is still for sale. The asking price is $16,500. It's registered on my name and the title is clean clear (no loan or lien). It is in great condition, no dents or scratches. It was always garaged and the regular maintenance was done in time. It wasn't involved in any accident not even a minor one. Do not hesitate to email me any questions you have about the car. I had 2 preview buyers, both offering more than what I am asking for it now but one didn't show up and the other called saying he lost the money. I've lost about 2 weeks and a couple of thousand dollars waiting for them so I've decided to lower the price and try to sell it on-line. I'm in desperate need of cash due to several uninspired financial decisions, because of which I ended up with a lot of debts and with no idea how to pay them off. The car is priced for a fast sale, so it would be better if you don't need financing.

I'm currently signed up for a protection program offered by Amazon Payments and I would like to close the deal through them. If you are not aware of this program you should know that it will allow you to test drive and inspect the car before paying me. You will have a 5-day inspection period to decide whether you want to keep the car or not before they release the funds to me. Amazon Payments is safe. If you agree with Amazon Payments terms and conditions and have cash available let me know and I'll ask them to fill you in with all the transaction details."

I have never heard of Amazon Payments to buy a car from a private seller before.

Don

Don,

Just my two-cents here, but it does sound just a little questionable???

The selling amount is on the low side... TWO offers higher than is asking price, but BOTH fell through... The car is paid for, but now he as financial troubles and doesn't know how to solve them...

Also be aware that with BOTH the CSM# and VIN being posted on-line and verified, then just about ANY scammer could list this particular vehicle as being available, without even having the actual car :censored:

Personally, I would take a look at the car in person, or have someone else verify that the car is as advertised and that he is the actual owner before sending him any $$$...

And AMAZON PAYMENTS is nothing I have ever heard of, especially if it relates to the Used Car market :finger:

Good Luck!

Max,

I'm not sure if you checked the classified section on our forum, but I have my car for sale... I hate to sell, but it is tastefully (and professionally on the supercharger) built and has low miles. Im not in TX, but I'm sure we could talk about shipping... or flying you here to drive it home. Let me know what you think:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65350-2007-shelby-gt-edelbrock-supercharger-many-extras/

Jim

Archived