TEAM SHELBY FORUM

April Fool’s Poker Run- Vancouver/Portland area

FordFan1

THESE IS AN EVENT OUR LOCAL CLUB HAS PUT TOGETHER-

All TS members are welcome, last years was lots of fun!!!

How many of you have taken a nice drive along a winding river up into the Clark County hills? On Saturday, April 2nd, NW Mustangs and Classic Fords Car Club will hold its second annual “Poker Run” by driving up the Washougal River Road. This years run will have an “April Fools” spin while still holding on to the traditional Shamrock heritage.

We will meet in the Starbucks parking lot just off of SR-14, directly across from the Westlies Ford Dealer in Camas to enjoy a cup of coffee together and hang out with our cars. We will then head out about 10:45 and head up the Washougal River. There will be stops along the route to enjoy the sites and sounds of the river, as well as bathroom stops and chances to get our poker hands established along the way. As we cross over the river at Canyon Creek Road, we will say goodbye to the Washougal River and hello to the hills of East County. We will continue along Canyon Creek Road until we reconnect with SR-14 from Salmon Falls Road. We will make a few stops along SR-14 in the Columbia River Gorge, one of which will be at Beacon Rock State Park for another bathroom break. A brief stop will be made at Bonneville Dam and we’ll pass the Bridge of the Gods on our way to our final stop of the day at Skamania Lodge for a great lunch.

What you need to know;

Who: Anyone who would like to participate

What: The 2nd Annual Poker Run

Where: In and around Camas/Washougal and East Clark County

When: Saturday, April 2nd. Meet at 10 am, depart at 10:45

Why: Because we love to have fun with our great rides!

What else do you need to know?

* Sign-up ahead of time so we have a somewhat accurate headcount of how many to plan for.

* Cost is $10 per vehicle and includes one poker hand and one commemorative pin.

* Additional hands may be purchased for $5 each (no pin), limit of one hand per person.

* Progressive 50/50 pot being offered throughout the day, winner will be drawn at lunch.

Invite your family, friends and fellow car enthusiast for an afternoon of fun! Please RSVP to James Ediger at JLEdiger@comcast.net

Hey Kerry, I won't be able to make the run since I'm over here on the right coast, but I have a favor to ask.... I'm setting up the Team Shelby Poker Run for the Ponies in the Poconos event. How do you guys mark the turns, or do you give out a map with directions. Also how do you curb the cheating... aka swapping of cards? I am going with a coded system of discs for the cards and was thinking of using lime to mark the turns.... learned from the old motorcycle days.... any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Doug

Hey Kerry, I won't be able to make the run since I'm over here on the right coast, but I have a favor to ask.... I'm setting up the Team Shelby Poker Run for the Ponies in the Poconos event. How do you guys mark the turns, or do you give out a map with directions. Also how do you curb the cheating... aka swapping of cards? I am going with a coded system of discs for the cards and was thinking of using lime to mark the turns.... learned from the old motorcycle days.... any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Doug

Usually a map is best or play follow the leader, since this is a senic drive stop lights aren't an issue.

Cheating never ;)

Instead of the participants keeping the cards, they recieve a form that's designed like a spread sheet, 2 thru Ace on the top and suits down the left. At each designated stop the participants will draw a card out of a hat or container, then their sheet of paper is stamped at the apropriate spot with a theme style stamp that can't be duplicated.

Problem solved!!

• 2 weeks later...

So how was the run today. I bet it was pretty wet. It rained most of the day here today.

How many went on this ?

Thanks for asking-

Showers came and went, nothing that won't wash off :) Tthe afternoon drive back on dry pavement was a lot of fun. We had 18 Mustangs in all, Saleen, Shelby and Roush all represented, most pony's had riders so that made for about 34 hands of cards. We drew 1 card at 7 different stops along the cruise route, we drew from a hat that had 4 decks in it so many combos were possible for the best 5 cards. I won the 1st place prize with a full house- 4's and 10's :happy feet:

Keep an eye out for an announcment of a cruise-in in conjunction with Big Al's (Vancouver) our club is working on for Thursday July 21st

Photo's from Saturday's Poker Run-

P4020547.jpg

P4020546.jpg

P4020544.jpg

---------------------------------

Archived