TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SOS gauge pod installed

Installed my SOS 3 gauge pod this weekend. The system is very nice, I had to expand the holes in the back to get the gauge connectors to slide in but other than that is was pretty straight forward. I was runnig the roush vent pod with just a boost gauge, which will now be for sale. I picked up an inovative AFM gauge, and then I picked up a saleen boost gauge and the saleen air inlet temp gauge. I did not like the Saleen pod as it reguires drilling holes in the dash. I used the Saleen wiring harness which I had to lengthen a bit to get the gauges to fit on the pillar vs in the middle of the dash. I did find out while putting in the wiring harness that the mechanic that put in my supercharger did not install the AIT senso? On the Saleen system the AIT is measured right after the air exits the intercooler. So for the last two year I have been getting AIT from the MAF? Like the car was stock, which I think would cause the car to really pull timing once it gets hot since the computer was getting the wrong reading. It will be interesting to drive the car once it gets warm to see if it feels any difference. Right now it is just too cool out side to really matter. I took the car out for a little drive and flogged it a bit and I couldn't get the AIT's up enough to register (100 degrees is the min).

My only complaint is the Innovative gauge does not offer a "chrome" bezel for the gauge. I put the black bezel on for now, as I may experiment with some "Crome" paint. What they call "chrome" should be labeled brushed aluminum. The gauge also looks huge compared to the saleen gauges. They all are 2 1/16 but the Innovative gauge face is much larger. The gauge works great at WOT it shows 11.6-11.8. I took a picture of the finished project. This was the first time i took the interior apart. Pretty scary with the dash pulled apart. Good thing the wife was out of town she would have freaked seeing it torn apart like that.

gauge pod.jpg

gauge pod.jpg

Sweet, I love thoe SOS pods!

Yeah I really like it. It is going to take me some time to get used to looking left for the boost numbers, as I have trained myself to look to the left.

Wow, that looks sweet. I'm still torn on which way I'd go. The typical Shelby center dash gauges (although apparently they don't line up with the dash real well) or the SOS pod, which I've always liked, but not sure I want to "flaunt", for lack of a better word, that there is something more under the hood... NOT that you ARE flaunting it.

I'm curious though, does that top gauge feel like it's really close to you? I just wondered with the 3 gauge SOS if it seemed a bit 'in your face'?

Wow, that looks sweet. I'm still torn on which way I'd go. The typical Shelby center dash gauges (although apparently they don't line up with the dash real well) or the SOS pod, which I've always liked, but not sure I want to "flaunt", for lack of a better word, that there is something more under the hood... NOT that you ARE flaunting it.

I'm curious though, does that top gauge feel like it's really close to you? I just wondered with the 3 gauge SOS if it seemed a bit 'in your face'?

At first it seemed really close, however by my third drive I was used to it. The only thing I need to do is attach the wire to the dimmer for that gauge, it is a little bright at night. I was also considering the center gauge pod from autometer instead of the shelby pod, but ultimately I didn't want to deal with any fitment issues. If you want to be descreet then the roush gauge pods are the way to go. I had my boost gauge in one for almost 2 years. You can put one one gauge on each side of your dash plaque. I've seen a Mustang GT in a magazine with a boost gauge and a AFM mounted this way which looked pretty sharp.

My car looks fairly stock except for the wheels, including stock mufflers which is kind of nice, and I never flaunt... until they try to beat me. Then I let them know it ain't stock.

Archived