TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1st kill of Season

Took out the KR tonight to strecth her legs for the 3rd time since she woke up from hibernation. A white Dodge Hemi with black racing stripes and a super nice sounding exhaust pulls up on me and nods his head. As I was rolling in 2nd and almost at top rpm he punches it and pulls away from me about 3 car lengths. I bang 3rd and away I go 5 car lengths past! I must say After growing up with Mustangs and owning 12 of them I never felt the feeling I had tonight when that 3rd gear pulled and I blew past him, then 4th and 5th, sooooo loong! Now a good 20-30 lengths past I slow down and he pulls up next to me all impresed,"Is that Supercharged?" he asks. Don't these people read? But felt good making that connection to a long awaiting love again.

Took out the KR tonight to strecth her legs for the 3rd time since she woke up from hibernation. A white Dodge Hemi with black racing stripes and a super nice sounding exhaust pulls up on me and nods his head. As I was rolling in 2nd and almost at top rpm he punches it and pulls away from me about 3 car lengths. I bang 3rd and away I go 5 car lengths past! I must say After growing up with Mustangs and owning 12 of them I never felt the feeling I had tonight when that 3rd gear pulled and I blew past him, then 4th and 5th, sooooo loong! Now a good 20-30 lengths past I slow down and he pulls up next to me all impresed,"Is that Supercharged?" he asks. Don't these people read? But felt good making that connection to a long awaiting love again.

Nice take-down !!! When will this none Shelby muscle car owners learn their lession. They need to get supercharged, turbos or nitrious or they are going down. :hysterical:

Scotty

Good Kill - I came back from a road trip today in my KR and stopped for gas. The owner came out and asked to look under the hood. I said no problem, and showed him my set-up. Asked a ton of questions and several other customers came by to look. He was some kind of impressed and said he wanted to set up a car show in the back parking lot. I told him to contact the local Mustang club president and we could make something happen.

People just don't know this car. The attraction is impressive both on and off the road.

Happy Motoring . :happy feet:

its funny how most people think shelbys are just gt"s with a body kit. most seem pretty surprised when they see whats under the hood. hell even top gear (the brit version) said they have a supercharged 4.6.

they are fun cars though. there is a kid that works by me, gets off about the same time every night and messes with me in his new black ss. i finally got tired of him and let her eat. he wasnt happy

Nice kill! I always seem to have the ricers want to race me in traffic... :headscratch:

Your right. People just don't know what it is. That kind of bothers me though in a way. They all think that it's just a regular mustang.

I actually had someone ask me at a car show once.... "What does the SC stand for in the GT/SC?"......... :doh:

It's funny the difference in cultures. Even within the same country! When I lived in Florida, I got challenged every day, 3x a day when I owned the SGT. Now that I live In California, for three years now, nobody one has challenged me. Seems like ppl here in CA are like, cool, nice car dude. And that's it. Really a complete difference. And it's not bc it's a KR, it's the culture. Everyone just drives along. What a change.....

Maybe it's because the traffic is so bad and everyone is glued to driving. Highways here twist and turn climb and descend. Not like Florida straight and flat. Could be the difference now that I think about it.

Nice to here you took out the Challenger. I think that's why they made them, so that we can have more fun with our KRs :-)

I just love these stories about a Shelby stomping another muscle car!! Sweet!! I haven't had the opportunity to run someone since putting on the TVS, but can't wait. This morning someone I know came up to me and said. "Oh, I saw a car like yours, it was yellow and had black stripes on it" I just smiled and thought "Crap, she's talking about a V6 mustang" and said wow, that is cool... Talking about not knowing what a Shelby is.

I love reading these stories about the Shelbys. I'm the same way, I take my every day truck out to work and see these Camaro nerds and Ford wanna be'sout trying to race all the time. I take the KR out and everybody wants to behave all of a sudden....its a feeling that's hard to decribe!!

And I have to say that last year I dont think I had one race. I basically only take the car out for a leg stretching on nice days. Still only have 500 miles on the ticker. I have a long stretch of road by me (Rt. 6), so I make my rounds a couple times and then nest her and always any possible victim is in the opposite direction. But this was my KR's 3rd time seeing sun so far and already caught one. I'm thinking this year is gonna be more because of the sales of the Slowmaro. We'll see.

Goofing around the other day I went to YouTube to look for any interesting kr videos. Ran across these concerning the camaro ss vs gt500. Obviously the gt500 wins. But the second video with the camaro firebreather was real interesting of what the host had to say about each. Here's the links:

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=_C9zanLcpXY

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=RyA5ojXS2cU

Nice job Scotty, congrats!! happy%20feet.gif:superhero: Love it!

he pulls up next to me all impresed,"Is that Supercharged?" he asks.

Should'a told him, "nawww, it's just a little 4.6L (or whatever the V-6 is).....

Make his dick smaller than it already is! <lol>

I know it's a lie but it's a WHITE LIE!

Phill

Archived