TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New addition to the family

Just picked her up two weeks ago. Anxiously awaiting the first test sessions prior to Monterrey and Coronado.

Sorry for the cross post. I inadvertently posted on the GT500 classics section first.

Yours in speed,

post-31762-0-85525500-1300419868_thumb.jpg

post-31762-0-85525500-1300419868_thumb.jpg

Very nice!

What events are you planning to use it in? I would love to see it on the track.

MM

My initial plan is to run her at Monterrey and Coronado this year. Of course I'll need a little seat time with her first. I'm considering running one or more of the COCOA track events prior to Monterrey.

Are you on the West Coast too?

Best,

My initial plan is to run her at Monterrey and Coronado this year. Of course I'll need a little seat time with her first. I'm considering running one or more of the COCOA track events prior to Monterrey.

Are you on the West Coast too?

Best,

Yes, San Jose.

i will be at Monterey. You should also think about the Norcal SAAC Mini-Nats at Sear's Point Aug 5-7th. great event!

Michael

Bravo Rx, definately consider NorCal Mini-Nats, you will NOT be dissappointed!.

Also, welcome to TS

I will definitely consider the NorCal event. Sounds like a blast!

I was able to drive her for the first time this past Friday. We put a dealer plate on her and drove a short loop around Hwy 1 and Avenida Encinas in Carlsbad. My 10 year old rode with me, wearing a pair of shooting ear muffs to dampen the sound. I swear he had a grin from one ear muff to the other the whole way.

Hoping to get her on the track next Tuesday. COCOA-Orange County has a school at Willow Springs and they've got a spot open for another already licensed racer. Might be good to get insight from others that race the same car. I've raced a wide variety of cars, including current and vintage cars, high and low HP cars, front, mid and rear engined cars, and so on. But I've never driven a car of this vintage with this much power to boot. Something tells me it could be interesting. :)

Best,

• 2 weeks later...

Archived