TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NAV/ELECTRICAL ISSUES

jsvtcobra

This all started around Nov/Dec, I was out with a friend at a car show and my Nav started act up. But not just the Nav but the whole system. The nav would just think and the other audio and options would just freeze. It was like a old computer with a slow processor, it was bad. Then the nav finally got to to the point to where all it would do is think. But I really didnt want to take it to ford due to lack of confidence. So I lived with it till recently. But also between now and then, I had my car shut off on me. Shifting from 2nd to 3rd at about 50 mph. And I three time I have shut the car down in the garage and heard a deep hum from the (right) rear of the car which I believe it to be my fuel pumps. The only way to get it to stop was to start the car and shut it off again.

Well I finally took it to Ford and the had it for about 6 days and changed something like a audio control module. By the time I got the car home and off my trailer the car would not start. Something is constantly drawling power, I believe it is in the nav/audio system due to all the (white noise) background noise so the car is back at ford. Also the nav never really worked right when I got it back, with the little time I did have with the car. Well as for now they have now changed my battery a touch control module (I think) and they thought they were going to give it back today till they figure out that they didnt fix the battery issue. As the car almost didnt start so now they have to figure out the power issue. The funny thing is that I never had battery issues till I took the car in for the nav, and the longest I ever let my car sit was 3 weeks while on vacation.

This is exactly why I didnt want to tazke the car in. I am considering the Lemon Law on this car and that suck because I really love this car.

This all started around Nov/Dec, I was out with a friend at a car show and my Nav started act up. But not just the Nav but the whole system. The nav would just think and the other audio and options would just freeze. It was like a old computer with a slow processor, it was bad. Then the nav finally got to to the point to where all it would do is think. But I really didnt want to take it to ford due to lack of confidence. So I lived with it till recently. But also between now and then, I had my car shut off on me. Shifting from 2nd to 3rd at about 50 mph. And I three time I have shut the car down in the garage and heard a deep hum from the (right) rear of the car which I believe it to be my fuel pumps. The only way to get it to stop was to start the car and shut it off again.

Well I finally took it to Ford and the had it for about 6 days and changed something like a audio control module. By the time I got the car home and off my trailer the car would not start. Something is constantly drawling power, I believe it is in the nav/audio system due to all the (white noise) background noise so the car is back at ford. Also the nav never really worked right when I got it back, with the little time I did have with the car. Well as for now they have now changed my battery a touch control module (I think) and they thought they were going to give it back today till they figure out that they didnt fix the battery issue. As the car almost didnt start so now they have to figure out the power issue. The funny thing is that I never had battery issues till I took the car in for the nav, and the longest I ever let my car sit was 3 weeks while on vacation.

This is exactly why I didnt want to tazke the car in. I am considering the Lemon Law on this car and that suck because I really love this car.

Same thing probably happened to me this winter. I have the electronics package and my Nav was left on when I shut off the car and it killed my battery.

Tried charging it and it will no longet hold a charge.

Archived