TEAM SHELBY FORUM

20x9.5's front & 20x11's rear and best tires matchups

radtexas

New to this forum and kicking wheel tire options. I have an 08' GT500 Coupe.

What I want to do is just drop the rear 1" and level the car. I am looking at the Steeda Spyder. It was suggested by Steeda to run a 315/35/20 (28.7" OAH) on rear & 275/35/20 (27.6" OAH) on front. Using Nitto NT-05's all around. These tire heights are much larger than the stock 27.0" OAH tires. He also suggested dropping front & rear (Steeda Sport Springs) which I don't want to lower the car to much. However with the tires height he suggested the tires will raise the care back up some. And Heavy duty strut brace

I always thought it is better to try and maintain stock height. I know the speedometer would change but what other things might happen.

Also are you guys just dropping the TPMS on the 20's or getting bands and such? I don't want to pay thier price of $85 for a new sensor & band 4 times ($340 total) and wonder if leaving them out will cause any more problem than the warning light to come on. Found some listed on ebay for about half this price after looking.

Please pass on your experience and comments.

New to this forum and kicking wheel tire options. I have an 08' GT500 Coupe.

What I want to do is just drop the rear 1" and level the car. I am looking at the Steeda Spyder. It was suggested by Steeda to run a 315/35/20 (28.7" OAH) on rear & 275/35/20 (27.6" OAH) on front. Using Nitto NT-05's all around. These tire heights are much larger than the stock 27.0" OAH tires. He also suggested dropping front & rear (Steeda Sport Springs) which I don't want to lower the car to much. However with the tires height he suggested the tires will raise the care back up some.

I always thought it is better to try and maintain stock height. I know the speedometer would change but what other things might happen.

Also are you guys just dropping the TPMS on the 20's or getting bands and such? I don't want to pay thier price of $85 for a new sensor & band 4 times ($340 total) and wonder if leaving them out will cause any more problem than the warning light to come on. Found some listed on ebay for about half this price after looking.

Please pass on your experience and comments.

You can get a generic band and use your old sensors. On ride height can't help you out still running oem 18"

You can get a generic band and use your old sensors. On ride height can't help you out still running oem 18"

Main reason I was thinking of getting new sensors was to keep from having to break down the stock wheels and tires to get them. But that is probably trhe easy way. Just means more work on the tire shop which means a little more cash out of my pocket but probably not as much as 4 sensors.

Archived