Engine MOD - Pulley and SCT Tune

jmungiel

Dear All,

I have an appointment at a local mod shop to install the following:

1) 2.6 pulley kit with idler

2) SCT tuner / Dyno Tune

3) NGK spark plugs

4) Center Brackets for Lower Control Arms

I already installed the Ford Racing Resonator eliminator.

Questions:

1) Have any of you gentlemen had any problems resulting from these minor mods? If so, what problems did you have?

2) I wont be buying stickier tires for now.....But, will this greatly reduce traction from stock? Will the center brackets greatly help ( I dont want to invest right now in gas/more expensive adjustable shocks).

Thanks in advance for the feedback and time in response to this.

Dear All,

I have an appointment at a local mod shop to install the following:

1) 2.6 pulley kit with idler

2) SCT tuner / Dyno Tune

3) NGK spark plugs

4) Center Brackets for Lower Control Arms

I already installed the Ford Racing Resonator eliminator.

Questions:

1) Have any of you gentlemen had any problems resulting from these minor mods? If so, what problems did you have?

2) I wont be buying stickier tires for now.....But, will this greatly reduce traction from stock? Will the center brackets greatly help ( I dont want to invest right now in gas/more expensive adjustable shocks).

Thanks in advance for the feedback and time in response to this.

Tires are a MUST :superhero::superhero: Think you had traction problems, just wait until after the install :headscratch: I have 2010 gt500 with tune, pulley, and the GOOD BRICKS out back SUCK "Like Ice" Just my 2 cents

i did most of those mods , steeda 2.7 pulley (the only one steeda has) should have went with metco 2.6 , about 10 more horsepower,1pound of boost, no big increase, jlt carbon fiber cold air, sct tune, ford racing shorty headers, lethal mid pipe with high flow cats, corsa sport exhaust, and steeda lower control arms, the tune is conservative so have about 530 to the wheels, the controls arms are a great improvment , i have falken rubber, the car still cant hook up , after mods this conservative you still need a 305 on the rear to get some traction, as far as any problems, none, car runs and sounds great, like everyone else always looking for more power.

Yes..the biggest problem is 1.) wiping the shit-eating grin off because your car will be a totally different beast ! 2.) Your gas mileage will go down (but that's ok). I don't think the tires are THAT BAD......once you really warm them up (and the weather is warm like today), they handle much better (not perfect, but the car does recover quickly). When it all cold out, watch out- 'cuz you'll be laying huge strips down! Of course we could all use some stickier meats, but in the meantime.....it's still pretty damn fun to light them up.

thanks fellas.

i am looking forward to more power, but a bit concerned about losing traction. it is already difficult to hook up.....and i don't wan to lay out another big chunk for the tires.

what if i don't do the pulley, just the sct tune. will that make a difference? will i notice it? thanks again

My.02...You got to do the pulley. Its just too good for the money. I did the VMP 2.59 w/idler and his SCT. As stated previously traction is really bad when cold but honestly Ive been suprised how well the car hooks when warm. As long as I dont power shift 2nd it sticks fairly well. Dont get me wrong though....Your not going to hit any great 60ft times with or without the pulley. To me its a 1st must do mod for anyone who has this car.

Do this mod. I got 62hp and 82tq just from this mod. $1000 bucks and 2hrs to install and dynotune. Piece of cake. Yes it will run stronger, more supercharger whine, and better grunt down low. Tires weren't good enough to start with so you'll have the same issue. C'est la vie. I'm not willing to invest in new tires. Just wear out the ones you have and go better next time. It won't take long... :D

Archived