TEAM SHELBY FORUM

fried clutch

BlackVert

Last fall, before I put the car away for the winter, the clutch was going out in a big way. See sig for car/mods. Local dealer will replace with factory clutch setup under warranty, but I am wondering if it is even worth putting it in with 750+ rwhp. The dealer will also install under warranty an aftermarket clutch, if I provide it, and give me the factory replacement in a box, to keep as a spare. They have been great. SO, I could get a completely free new factory clutch setup, that likely won't last very long, or an aftermarket clutch installed for the cost of the clutch. What would you folks do? If you would go aftermarket, is there a concensus yet on which one is best for high- hp applications? Spec, Macleod, Ram, ? Thanks for any input...

I've been running a Spec P trim for a few months. About all i use my car for is racing. Its a bad ass clutch. Does have more paddle effort then stock. Also rattles when the clutch is depressed. But it will take what ever you hand it. I have the best 60 ft times of any GT500 I've seen with the stock trans and pulling the front wheels. I slip it @ 5K and it takes it no problem. It never has been hot or given me any sign of weakness. So if you can handle paddle effort and rattle. Then its the clutch for you. It can also be rebuilt cheaper then a new one would cost. So when its time. I'll send it to Spec and have them rebuild it. Much cheaper then the cost of any new clutch.

I've been running a Spec P trim for a few months. About all i use my car for is racing. Its a bad ass clutch. Does have more paddle effort then stock. Also rattles when the clutch is depressed. But it will take what ever you hand it. I have the best 60 ft times of any GT500 I've seen with the stock trans and pulling the front wheels. I slip it @ 5K and it takes it no problem. It never has been hot or given me any sign of weakness. So if you can handle paddle effort and rattle. Then its the clutch for you. It can also be rebuilt cheaper then a new one would cost. So when its time. I'll send it to Spec and have them rebuild it. Much cheaper then the cost of any new clutch.

Good to know, Tow- thanks!

Archived