TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cruise to Shelby Exhibit / Car Show in Hershey

tony356

I talked with Karen at the Museum yesterday. They are up to 115 cars and weather looks good. They are concerned about parking on the grass. Wet and soggy...

Bring a blanket for your baby to park on! :hysterical2:

Do we know how many of the 115 are Team Shelby members? I have lost count, but I'm hoping to meet allot of my fellow members at the show.

Can they park non-car show participants on the grass, and leave the paved areas just for the cars in the show? My Shelby doesn't like to get its 'paws' wet or muddy.

Z-man

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Karen's not concerned about the cars. She's afraid it will tear up the lawn. So she doubts any cars will be on the lawn. Depends on how it dry's over the weekend.

No worries...

NOT CONCERNED ABOUT THE CARS!!!!!

Grass will grow back.....moisture from the grass will get on my cars paint, making the finish non-factory original, and thereby devaluing the cars future collectability!!!! :hysterical: :tease: :hysterical:

Z-man

Attention King of Prussia meeting spot folk:

I will be at the Rubys lot by 6:30 and will be banging on Rubys door at 7am when they open for some grub. Don't worry though, big guys can eat fast.

Departure time remains 8am from the Rubys lot.

Weather is looking good and should be a great day.

Everyone is still welcome to cruise with the TS King of Prussia group.

Attention King of Prussia meeting spot folk:

I will be at the Rubys lot by 6:30 and will be banging on Rubys door at 7am when they open for some grub. Don't worry though, big guys can eat fast.

Departure time remains 8am from the Rubys lot.

Weather is looking good and should be a great day.

Everyone is still welcome to cruise with the TS King of Prussia group.

I'll be there around 7am. I'll help you pound on the doors!

I talked to someone yesterday that called museum on Tuesday, he said that they are planning to park everyone on Blacktop since the chance of rain on Saturday, and they suggested that people should get there around 8:15 to get a decent parking spot

If it doesnt rain Saturday shouldnt matter

NOT CONCERNED ABOUT THE CARS!!!!!

Grass will grow back.....moisture from the grass will get on my cars paint, making the finish non-factory original, and thereby devaluing the cars future collectability!!!! :hysterical: :tease: :hysterical:

Z-man

Well, maybe she was just a little. :finger:

Sunday is looking dry and around 60 degrees. The King of Prussia cruise will be Leaving Ruby's Diner at 8am sharp for an estimated 10am arrival at the museum. See you then.

:yahoo:

So looking forward to this!

See you at Ruby's.

:salute:

I talked with Karen at the Museum yesterday. They are up to 115 cars and weather looks good. They are concerned about parking on the grass. Wet and soggy...

Bring a blanket for your baby to park on! :hysterical2:

115 pre-register........nice, wonder how many non-register cars are going to show up.

plan A is to leave home in Hershey 5 a.m. ish and meet eastern gaggle in king of prussia. Plan B is to sleep later and run 20 minutes over to M-burg and come in with west shore gang. Either way, gonna be in somebody's line.

got the word. stwsam is heading east to meet the gang in k of p then making a u-b to head with ts back to hershey. :happy feet:

Man, I wish I was able to make it. We have responsibilities at church that morning. Maybe my son and I can run over in the afternoon.

I did want to meet some of my TS brethren!

hope you can make it. we should be there til mid-afternoon. hit the early service then hit the road. :hysterical:

Sunday is looking dry and around 60 degrees. The King of Prussia cruise will be Leaving Ruby's Diner at 8am sharp for an estimated 10am arrival at the museum. See you then.

okie dokie.... I plan on hitting the early service and leaving right after that! I think Shelly may make a rare appearance at church! We should be arriving at the museum between 10 and 10:30 also!

okie dokie.... I plan on hitting the early service and leaving right after that! I think Shelly may make a rare appearance at church! We should be arriving at the museum between 10 and 10:30 also!

nice. glad you can make it. we will meet you there.

matt,

do you think you will be able to make it? can you meet at ruby's diner? either way, hope to meet you soon.

If i was driving something up, maybe i would of meet yall at the diner, but i gonna up with some ppl, just dont know what time we are leaving, but it couldnt change if the weather is kinda eh

Looks like my friend Ben will be driving down to KoP in his car tomorrow, not yet a TS member but I'm pretty sure he will be joining after tomorrow, so add one more for the cruise to Hershey.

That is great. Do you know if he is on the forum? If so what is his login name? See you guys there.

Was a good show, very nice when the wind wasnt blowing. Also I heard there was a total of 190 cars that showed up.

I couldnt take much pics because my camera was dying, but here are some:

100_0801.jpg

100_0799.jpg

100_0798.jpg

100_0797.jpg

100_0802.jpg

100_0794.jpg

100_0793.jpg

Also did anyone know what the "Shelby Seminar" was about that went on from 12:30-1:30?

What a great day today. Nice job TS Northeast with it's innaugural outing. It was very nice to meet soooo many TS folks today. Even though I studied my TS Login names compared with real names compared with avatar pics, I still managed to forget a few names. Sorry y'all. Thanks for the great showing of guys that met at the crack of dawn in King of Prussia. It was a cool cruise out together. The looks of the other folks on the turnpike checking out the Shelby's was super. Here are a few pictures from today I grabbed with my iphone.

post-27177-0-61110000-1303076369_thumb.jpg

post-27177-0-61110000-1303076369_thumb.jpg

Ok, here was the best part of the day. I met a great guy today and he shared with me a completely remarkable story.

This gentleman purchased this 1965 GT350 in 1969 as a used but previously untitled car. He purchased it to race but also so he could use it as his TOW VEHICLE to tow his Austin Healey to and from race tracks on the east coast. Cool right? Well in 1979 it was stolen. A few years ago (almost 30 years from when it was stolen) he got a call from a registry person from SAAC that thought they found his car. Here, the car was on ebay!!! The sellers tried to disguise the real vin info but within a few days of getting the info from SAAC, the owner had the car impounded. Unfortunately, it took several years, many lawyers and of course a lot of cash for the car to be returned to it's rightful owner. I was very humbled that this gentleman would share his story with me. At the end of the day he was kind enough to bring the car over and allow a group of us to snap some shots. I am honored to have met him, hear his story and see the car. Very cool! :happy feet:

post-27177-0-62352700-1303077015_thumb.jpg

post-27177-0-72588600-1303077033_thumb.jpg

post-27177-0-62352700-1303077015_thumb.jpg

post-27177-0-72588600-1303077033_thumb.jpg

Archived