TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cruise to Shelby Exhibit / Car Show in Hershey

tony356

April 17th Team Shelby Cruise to Antique Automobile Club of America Museum

I've been working with John Keller (GT50040th) and Andy Roth (EagleDriver) to organize this Team Shelby cruise and car show to the AACA museum in Hershey Pa. Below you will find where I will be starting a cruise in to Hershey from King of Prussia and under this post you will find where Andy will be heading up a cruise in from the Carlisele area.

If you are interested in running a cruise from another direction, please contact one of us to work out the details.

Cruise to the AACA Museum’s Shelby Exhibition featuring some wonderful cars from Shelby’s past in addition to the other eclectic museum automotive displays. We are welcoming cars to register for the All Ford and Shelby Car Show being run by the museum. Form to register for the car show is here. The form has all the information pertaining to the car show. Registration fee of $10 for the car show includes entrance for one person to the museum. Pre-registration is due by April 10th. After April 10th, registration is $15.

I am organizing a cruise to the event for all Shelby’s, Mustang’s and Ford powered vehicles.

Meeting Place:

Ruby's Diner Parking Lot

160 N. Gulph Road, King of Prussia, PA 19406

Located at the King of Prussia Plaza between JC Penney and Sears

This location provides the most convenient meeting place for those coming from New Jersey, NE Pennsylvania and the Greater Philadelphia Area.

Meeting Time: 7:30am

Departure Time: 8:00am Sharp

Details:

Ruby’s Diner opens at 7:00am for those that might need a cup of Joe for the road or to use the restroom.

Please PM me if you would like to participate in the cruise to the event so I can have an idea of how many cars we will have. Please send me your cell phone number to add to my participant list and I will give you mine in case you might need to contact me.

Fuel:

It is about 90 miles from King of Prussia to the Museum – Please be sure you have enough fuel for the cruise before the cruise.

Sunoco: 290 S GULPH RD KING OF PRUSSIA, PA 19406

Open 24 Hours – 93 Octane Available

We will meet up with other Team Shelby Members at the Museum at 10:00am.

Details regarding the Car Show and the Team Shelby Event are being finalized and will be posted soon.

Hope the friends I meet at the Mays Landing event can make this trip and I hope the folks that could not make it to the NJ event can make this one.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

April 17th Team Shelby Cruise to Antique Automobile Club of America Museum. This cruise is the "West" version of the cruise as Tony's group (noted above) is coming from points east.

Cruise to the AACA Museum’s Shelby Exhibition featuring some wonderful cars from Shelby’s past in addition to the other eclectic museum automotive displays. We are welcoming cars to register for the All Ford and Shelby Car Show being run by the museum. Form to register for the car show is here. The form has all the information pertaining to the car show. Registration fee of $10 for the car show includes entrance for one person to the museum. Pre-registration is due by April 10th. After April 10th, registration is $15.

I am organizing the "West" cruise to the event for all Shelbys, Mustangs and Ford powered vehicles.

Meeting Place:

Mechanicsburg Walmart parking lot

6520 Carlisle Pike

Mechanicsburg, PA 17050

Located at the intersection of Carlisle Pike and Rt 114. Less than 2 miles from rts 81 and the PA turmpike.

This is an easy on/off exit from rts 15,81 or the PA turnpike.

This location provides the most convenient meeting place for those coming from all points west and southwest of Harrisburg.

Meeting Time: 8:30am

Departure Time: 9:00am Sharp

Details:

Silver Spring Diner opens at 7:00am for those that might need coffee for the road or to use the restroom. There is also a Mcdonalds for those that might want to grab a bite there.

Contact:Please PM me or email me if you would like to participate in the cruise to the event so I can have an idea of how many cars we will have. Please send me your cell phone number to add to my participant list and I will give you mine in case you might need to contact me.

Fuel:It is about 40 miles from our starting point to the Museum – as noted before we will drive straight to the show so be sure you are fueled up prior to leaving.

Sheetz gas station is directly adjacent to the Walmart parking lot starting point.

Open 24 Hours – 93 Octane Available

We will meet up with other Team Shelby Members at the Museum at 10:00am.

Details regarding the Car Show and the Team Shelby Event are being finalized and will be posted soon.

Thanks!

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I made another trip to the AACA museum today with my local MCA and we had a great turn out. I hope some of my Shelby brethren can make it to one of the cruises or meet up with everyone at the museum on 4/17. Here are a few pics from the museum.

post-27177-0-87782000-1301878440_thumb.jpg

post-27177-0-87782000-1301878440_thumb.jpg

I made another trip to the AACA museum today with my local MCA and we had a great turn out. I hope some of my Shelby brethren can made it to one of the cruises or meet up with everyone at the museum on 4/17. Here are a few pics from the museum.

Looks cool

Looking forward to the cruse on the 17th

Hi Tony and John, I am registered for this . Will be coming from L.I . new york. I plan on leaving early enough to meet the group in king of prusia looking forward to this . John, I've more adventures to relate since the 85th at Vegas Steve

Hi Tony and John, I am registered for this . Will be coming from L.I . new york. I plan on leaving early enough to meet the group in king of prusia looking forward to this . John, I've more adventures to relate since the 85th at Vegas Steve

Great Steve looking forward to seeing you and catching up

Very nice... I've heard it's great.

How many people do we have cruising or meeting there?

Not sure how many in Andy's group and not sure how many folks are going to meet at the museum but right now we have about 5 cars meeting in KoP and another 2-3 on the fence about cruising or going solo.

There are 3 confirmed with the Mechanicsburg west cruise and another 4 probables.

I will be driving to the show solo, but look forward to meeting everyone there.

I think John said he was going up early (if I understood him correctly), so that makes a total of nine so far.

Who else will be driving directly to the show? There has to be more than nine of us.

Z-man

I think John said he was going up early (if I understood him correctly), so that makes a total of nine so far.

Who else will be driving directly to the show? There has to be more than nine of us.

Z-man

I talked to two people today that are going up the night before that are not in our count

I talked to two people today that are going up the night before that are not in our count

That makes eleven.....keep 'em commin'! :happy feet:

Who else will be joining us?

Z-man

I know they are not TS cars but in the local " Hershey/Harrisburg" area 3 mustangs groups are going to the show. I was networking the other day and came up with about 28 mustangs from other local clubs. Also a number of local SAAC guys are planning on making the cruise out.

If the weather is good then I feel you'll see quite a few last minute arrivals.

plan A is to leave home in Hershey 5 a.m. ish and meet eastern gaggle in king of prussia. Plan B is to sleep later and run 20 minutes over to M-burg and come in with west shore gang. Either way, gonna be in somebody's line.

Archived