TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Upgrade my axle?

mr4teth

I plan on running the car a little more this year and with 700rwhp 4k launches I think I should consider upgrading my rear end while I have the axle pulled apart for powder coating (rusty butt).

Has anyone upgraded their axles? I'm thinking about Moser or Superior. Are they that much better than stock? Any other recommendations would be appreciated!

The only way you will have failures for the most part are if you put on some slicks and run the piss out of the car all the time... I'm not talking on a stock car. The High HP cars need to do something or it becomes a weak link. If you don't plan on High HP 800 plus at the wheels and don't go to the track all the time you should be good... JMHO...

the stock 31 splines are strong. I've only heard of a few breaking. When my diff was upgraded a few weeks back we looked at the axles and they looked good (the diff didn't). The car has seen 1.3x 60s and run 9s with the prior owner. If you are going to track it a lot the diff will go at some point. For now no need to upgrade IMHO.

Archived