TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which new wheels to get?

I am doing a lot of thinking here. Since my car is at SA for the GT/SC upgrade I am also thinking of adding new wheels among other appearance mods. However I can not seem to get a clear picture of the wheels I want to add. So if there is any one out there who has pictures of great 20" wheels including but no limited to: 20" Black CS69's, 20" Alcoas, let me know I want to change the car appearance along with the boost! :)

Thanks!

Going through Jegs online catalog I found this link: http://www.autowaretech9.net/nextwheels/jegs_ec.htm

It is a bit simplistic but you can pick the rims, Shelby, American Racing, Crager, Etc., you want to look at, tire size, based on a Shelby GT500 or other Mustang and year profile.

You can set the rim and tire size as well as the color of your car.

You can even spin the rims to see how they would look as you go down the road.

CC.

OK.....98% decided on Alcoas for my new/old car. I don't see the Alcoas on many cars except on SuperSnake and couple of GT/SC's. And if I am spending this much money for a car that is kind of rare I want to add wheels that match. So if anyone knows of a great place to buy Alcoas let me know. Thank you all very much for your wheel thoughts.

Dave

Hey,

I love the CS69's on the black cars, wish they had them in the 18x10 size. They remind me of the Magnum 500 wheels that came on the old Boss 302-429 Mustangs. I sure wish they made the Magnum's in the newer sizes.... I think 15" is as large as they come...?

I still don't understand why the 18" alcoa's (KR models) are not available, I REALLY like them!

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I use and would recommend Steeda Spyder 20x9.5 front and 20x11 rear (black). I run Toyo R888 285/35/20 front and 315/30/20 rear with these. These will clear big brake kits (I have the GT500 brembos) and basically give you the max tire size capability without suspension mod. They look great and elicit a lot of compliments too. The CS wheels are just too narrow and thus limiting in tire size in my opinion.

I am doing a lot of thinking here. Since my car is at SA for the GT/SC upgrade I am also thinking of adding new wheels among other appearance mods. However I can not seem to get a clear picture of the wheels I want to add. So if there is any one out there who has pictures of great 20" wheels including but no limited to: 20" Black CS69's, 20" Alcoas, let me know I want to change the car appearance along with the boost! :)

Thanks!

:banvictory:139867-R1-21-21A.jpg :bandance:

139867-R1-21-21A.jpg

Nice rims. Very clean looking.

are the tires "summer" only or an all weather tire?

I'll be needing new rubber soon and weighing/looking for all weather options. (stock rims for now)

They are GT500's but obviously in black and got this FRPP jacket coming to boot !

Plus now I can go with bigger calipers ! ! ( oops more money )

The DW's are describe by Tirerack as Max Summer Performance

But the DWS' are described as Ultra High Performance All-Season

Craig (aka SGT/SC2873) has them and strongly recommends them ( and respect his opinion)

Andrew

Have had the chrome razors since inception of my SGT. I want to change up now and have the chrome razors sold to a couple of TS members.

So Swede what wheels are you going to get ?

Scotty

They are GT500's but obviously in black and got this FRPP jacket coming to boot !

Plus now I can go with bigger calipers ! ! ( oops more money )

The DW's are describe by Tirerack as Max Summer Performance

But the DWS' are described as Ultra High Performance All-Season

Craig (aka SGT/SC2873) has them and strongly recommends them ( and respect his opinion)

Andrew

Andrew,

Thanks for the links, I'll probably go with 255's up front and 275's on the rear for now.

Clarence

Andrew,

Thanks for the links, I'll probably go with 255's up front and 275's on the rear for now.

Clarence

My plan is to get 2 275's and put them on the front and make sure they work and if so then get 2 more 275's , if not than I will go with 245/45/18 on the front

I have Vogltand lowering springs and just want to be sure, even though lots of guys have gone 275/40/18 on all four corners, don't want to make a $500 mistake

Here is some sizing number I rounded up

255/45 18 diameter 27.04 " width 10.04 swh 4.52 GT500 front

245/45 18 diameter 26.68" width 9.65 swh 4.34

285/40 18 diameter 26.98" width 11.22 swh 4.49 GT500 rear

275/40 18 diameter 26.66 " width 10.83 swh 4.33

Our stock size

235/50 18 diameter 27.25" width 9.25 swh 4.63

Good Luck

Andrew

So Swede what wheels are you going to get ?

Scotty

CS wheel for sure. Looking at the CS40's as they mimic the old styled steel wheel of 1965-66. I really like them in the 20, the 18's are better for the track but I will rarely see the track so 20" is the choice. The Alcoa's are another favorite of mine too.

PS: Did you get the larger rear rotors with the relocation brackets? What is the diameter on the rears?

EDITED:

CS wheel for sure. Looking at the CS40's as they mimic the old styled steel wheel of 1965-66. I really like them in the 20, the 18's are better for the track but I will rarely see the track so 20" is the choice. The Alcoa's are another favorite of mine too.

PS: Did you get the larger rear rotors with the relocation brackets? What is the diameter on the rears?

EDITED:

I do have the larger rear eradispeed rotors, brackets and the rotors are 14 inch, and the Alcoas in the rear are 20 x 10.

Scotty

Archived