TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MrFarmdog's Black Vert Lands in Memphis!

mrfarmdog

I am not much different than many of you on this board. The majority of us have had to endure long waits to receive our cars, got jilted by dealers and had to pay ADM. Well today is a good day for several of us on this board.

First off I want to say congrats to Grabber for his long awaited present from Ford to arrive! :banana piano: Grabber it has been fun tracking our cars together and getting them at the same time! Also thanks to subguns and others on this site that have provided encouragement and assistance when needed!

It has been great to read everyone's arrival stories while I was waiting for mine. It really helped keep me optimistic that it would be worth the wait. Let me tell you in short that it is! And for those of you who do not have yours yet... Here is my story!

Enjoy!

As many of you know I have been tracking my car pretty closely though UP tracking since it left the plant a few weeks ago. Based on the information on UP it appeared that my car was in Memphis 2 days ago. I called the dealer and spoke with the fleet manager and he assured me that he had called down to the rail yard and that the car was not there yet, but as soon as it was he and I would go down and personally pick it up (liar).

Well after two days of waiting and hoping for an early arrival I finally used a number I had acquired for the rail yard and spoke to a very helpful gentleman who looked up my car. He said "Yeah that was the black convertible right? They loaded it up on a transport this morning and it could be at the dealership already." WHAT? I was out the door in a flash heading to the dealership with horrible visions in my head of it already washed and some guy buffing it with a buffing wheel! After checking out the dealership I was pleased to see that it had not yet arrived but that it would be shortly. So I talked to the receiving person and made them promise me not to do anything to the car when it comes in, as I had already arranged to have the car detailed at a detailing company that I trust. So I made a quick run to Wendys for a burger and parked in a strategic location so I could watch the dealership (I felt like a spy)!

About 20 minutes later hear comes the transport truck with my vert on top and an alloy coupe behind it! I was snapping pics before the rig stopped! The guy driving the transport asked me what I was doing but was pleased to hear that it was my car and did not mind at all that I was snapping pics left and right. It did not take him long to get the cars off the rig and soon both Shelbys were sitting in the dealer parking lot and a crowd started to form. Some salesmen, managers and other people were checking them out. The sales manager said my vert was the first one they had seen at the dealership!

I was siked about the possibility of getting to see my car but really did not think I was going to be able to take it today due to paperwork issues that were not ironed out yet but the fleet manager in the end told me I could take it! Man was I stoked! :hyper:

The car had not been detailed and it was FILTHY! At this point it was about 4PM so I called my detailer that was about 2 blocks down the road and asked him if he could wash the exterior today and I would return tomorrow afternoon for the rest of the detailing and he graciously agreed to help me out. So off we went in this awsome grimy car for the exterior wash!

I have to say that I was very impressed with how he handled the car. He did not touch it with a drying rag but instead used a blower to dry the car off. Then he took me around the car and showed me areas where Ford had buffed the car for some reason. It was easy to see on a black car because it looked cloudy in the light. He said it was not an issue though and tomorrow he would make it all new again.

So off I drove in a newly washed vert with the top down, my two kids in the back and the Shaker 1000 thumping! I know there are a lot of people that don't think the Shaker 1000 is worth the money but even with the top down it thumped! I will be very happy with this system!

Up to this point I have felt that my wife was just putting up with me and my antics and that she was not excited, but when I got home one of her friends was there and she said "do you mind watching our kids for a few minutes while we take a quick spin?" with that she hopped in the passenger seat and cranked up the music like she was a teenager going out on a date! Off we went for a quick joy ride! When I got back several neighbors were out looking down the street and yelling that they wanted the car when they grow up!

All this and I don't even have 15 miles on the car yet! When it came off the trailer it had 2.7 miles and I still have yet to have the blower kick in. That is my goal tomorrow! Take it out for a morning joy ride for a couple of hours and start breaking her in good! :shift:

Here are a few pics for you to enjoy. These do not do the car justice as they are when the car was dirty. I will take lots more and post after I get it back from the detailers!

I think I will go sit in it a while before I go to bed!

Later!!!

OnTrailer.jpg

OffRamp.jpg

DirtyBaby.jpg

Detail.Shop.jpg

ComingHome.jpg

OnTrailer.jpg

OffRamp.jpg

DirtyBaby.jpg

Detail.Shop.jpg

ComingHome.jpg

Nice looking car!!! Thanks for sharing your story.

You fit right in there with the spying on the dealership while waiting for your car. This car causes the soon to be owners to go into some really weird behavior patterns.

Glad to hear that you were able to take the car today.

Congrats!!!! :happy feet:

Enjoy and drive it safely!!! :shift:

Whoa, mrfarmdog. That looks mean!

Loved the story. Rob told me that you were taking delivery tonight.

You must be psyched! Make sure you take care tomorrow, but drive the rubber right off that thing!

Congratulations, LUCKY DOG!!!!!

PS- Post more pics when you get her cleaned up!

:rockon: :beerchug: :elefant: :party: :party2:

Congrats Farmdog, shes a beaut. Black on these cars just plain looks badass!(Not that Im biased or anything) Great story! Nothing better than riding around cranking the tunes with your honey next to you. These cars really bring the nostalgia with out all the headaches. If you havent heard the blower yet my man, the best is yet to come! Be safe and enjoy it!

KC666

Congrats. John

No I know I will/should see you on April 20-21st.

Enjoy

Mr FarmDog, the way I see it, you just got the Starter Kit, let the mods begin, its worse than owning a Harley! Good looking ride, best of Luck, Bill

Congratulations Farmdog. It is really an amazing the joy people feel when they get their new car be it a GT or Shelby or whatever their flavor. Makes us feel like giddy teenagers. Enjoy, but a few words of wisdom, no hauling hay goats sheep corn or any other similar products off the farm :hysterical:

Congrats, Mr. Farmdog. It's a great feeling, isn't it?

By the way, you car wasn't filthy. You should have seen mine after a 300 mile truck ride from Flat Rock, most of it in the rain.

They do clean up nice, though.

Enjoy.

Thanks to everyone for the notes!

I put about 120 miles on it today and man it was fun. The first indication that it was a crowd pleaser was when I dropped off my son at school this morning. As many of you know you have to sit in the lines now and wait your turn to get up to the school. As I drove up to the school there were kids and teachers alike yelling things like "I want that car" and "Can I have a ride?". My son got a big kick out of that! Then at one point on the highway I had a white GT convertible pull up next to me and drive for a while until it was clear that I was making an exit. He then give me the thumbs up and headed off his own way. Later this evening I had the kids in the car and I stopped to pick up some pizza. I stepped in the door for the pickup leaving my kids in the car (no less than 15 feet away in plain sight). When I came out my kids were going on about this lady that was parked to stalls over going on with them about how much she loved the car. Finally I had to stop at the grocery store to get a few items and as luck would have it I got a parking place right up front. When I came out there were a few people walking by oogling over the car and one actually spoke to us as he drove by and said it was a nice ride.

It is evident that many people don't know what this car is but I think it looks good enough that it draws attention regardless of whether it is a GT500 or not. However, the people that know what it is often go out of their way to get a better look. It is lots of fun, like many of you have attested to in the past!

I also took it over to Joe Christian at "Word of Mouth Detailing" here in Memphis and had him work it over good. He showed me several spots where Ford had buffed out areas of the paint before I left but when I came back there was no trace of it. Needless to say he does great work! If there are any of you in or around Memphis you need to give him a call. His number is (901) 337-5758 or you can visit his website at www.wordofmoutdetailing.com.

It sounds like rain tomorrrow but if there is no rain on Sunday then I will get it out and take better pics.

Next step... Stripes over the top! They should be in middle of next week so hopefully I can have them on before next weekend.

Life is all good here at MrFarmdogs house :yahoo::rockon: :happy feet: :banvictory::drool::shift: :bandance: :victory::party: :banana piano: :party2: :camera: :hyper: :shades: :headspin:

MrFarmdog,

I am glad we both got our cars yesterday. It was nice talking to you on the phone over the last few days. We had pouring down rain today. I still only have 50 miles from bringing her home. It might be wet for a while here. Have fun bud.

Congrats mrfarmdog, that baby is AWSOME! You and Grabber are some lucky "dogs ". As for my car I called Ford Customer Svc this a.m. and the guy said looks like it is scheduled for delivery 3-13 (today) however he could not give me a railcar #. So I hung up and called John @ SVT, that's where the story goes sour! He said it was still at the plant awaiting striping and badging. Probably another couple of weeks. :banghead::banghead::banghead: . Take care of that Jewel!!!

Archived