TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KB 2.8LC install

I should finish up this afternoon. I still need to install my dynotech drive shaft, change the motor mounts and run the fuel boost wire. Getting close....I can taste it from here! I have had many e-mails with KB by now. Several things have changed with the 2011 from what the instructions say. Most of it is electrical. Fuse locations, wire colors and such. Another change was the MAF and MAF plate. KB now uses a chrome section where the MAF sensor is attached. The metal section no longer requires the MAF plate or O-ring. The instructions dont tell you this. I dug all the trash out of the trash can and searched the shop for an hour looking for it. I emailed KB and they told me its no longer used.

I had to notch the hood a little even with billet engine lowering mounts.

post-26381-0-90157600-1309295812_thumb.jpg

Very nice engine compartment. Now that I have an intimate knowledge of mine it's amazing how many changes have been made. There is now way that bar would fit across the top of my supercharger. Not even after lowering the engine.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

reasons i ask is im on the ropes between a 2.9 frpp and a 2.8 kenne bell. 4000$ for one and 6300$ for the other. i have high lift cams though and need to find out if i can get a low vacum hose for the 2.9l but van can already help with with the kenne bell.

• 3 weeks later...

Evidentely the Whipples work with high lift cams because Shelby uses them on the Super Snakes and the 1000 which has these high lift cams. I too am on the fence because the Whipple I could probably get for a pretty decent price as the KB is pretty expensive. And the Whipple provides more than enough power. And I can still run pump gas even up to possibly 800rwhp. But I am trying to find some stations around Phoenix that sell 100 octane.

Evidentely the Whipples work with high lift cams because Shelby uses them on the Super Snakes and the 1000 which has these high lift cams. I too am on the fence because the Whipple I could probably get for a pretty decent price as the KB is pretty expensive. And the Whipple provides more than enough power. And I can still run pump gas even up to possibly 800rwhp. But I am trying to find some stations around Phoenix that sell 100 octane.

here were a couple... i found 1 in scottsdale for 8$ a gallon, but idk. theyre not enough for me to think its worth it. whipples are newer so they supposidly fixed what others started with in the begining. if you want a 3.4 whipple you can get it... talk to gtt500 he has cams like mine, and a 3.4. message him and ask him his opinion. i want the kenne bell b.c its cooler charge and bigger internals. even if you get the whipple youre going to have to buy a better throttle body, a cai if you dont have a big 1 already, thats 1000$ right there. its a 2 sided argument on which 1's better, ive heard kenne bells good for road racing, and whipples good too. either way your cars going to haul ass and be sexc. i just dont want to see someone put cheap parts on these cars b.c my shelby quote says it all,

Archived