TEAM SHELBY FORUM

When do you usually need fuel system upgrades?

PistolWhip

I'm getting ready to throw on my VMP upper and also have a IW 10% lower on the way. The lower probably won't go on right away, but I'm curious as to when most of you running high boost and high HP started peaking the fuel system and at that, what was the first to peg? I'd assume that the MAF is the first to go, but don't know too much about the pumps in these cars either.

I would like to send my blower out to get ported before I put the lower on, just to keep things a little cooler if nothing else. But if I'm going to need to start upgrading the fuel system for an upper/lower/port I'd like to start preparing for it now. By the way, my car is a 2010 and my only performance mods to date are an FRPP resonator delete, L&M 66mm TB, AIRAID replacement filter and Revan Racing heat exchanger. I did the entire suspension over the winter and have an O/R X and one piece drive-shaft sitting in the garage so the car should be a whole new monster come spring time! :shift:

Thanks in advance boys :superhero:

I'm getting ready to throw on my VMP upper and also have a IW 10% lower on the way. The lower probably won't go on right away, but I'm curious as to when most of you running high boost and high HP started peaking the fuel system and at that, what was the first to peg? I'd assume that the MAF is the first to go, but don't know too much about the pumps in these cars either.

I would like to send my blower out to get ported before I put the lower on, just to keep things a little cooler if nothing else. But if I'm going to need to start upgrading the fuel system for an upper/lower/port I'd like to start preparing for it now. By the way, my car is a 2010 and my only performance mods to date are an FRPP resonator delete, L&M 66mm TB, AIRAID replacement filter and Revan Racing heat exchanger. I did the entire suspension over the winter and have an O/R X and one piece drive-shaft sitting in the garage so the car should be a whole new monster come spring time! :shift:

Thanks in advance boys :superhero:

justin/vmp has a forum site that has some good info on fuel and injector duty %...suggest you head there and do some reading.....there are a few ways to deal with the issue.

jay tucker thinks his 110 mm maf is good up to 650 rwhp....don't know what your size maf is but just raise it by cross sectional ratio......

justin is putting a tvs on mine with LM TB 2.5 and 10% lower......going with the 110mm maf but with a hpx sensor and 80 # injectors.....you may as well plan to upgrade fuel in some fashion and change maf also to a higher unit (or change sensor to extend range)

Archived