TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spark plugs

texaggie

thanks for the advice. any others out there? does it matter that i recently added the 2.5 pulley from VMP along with their tune? (love this set up and tune)

If you check out Justin's forum on the VMP site he has a thread just for plugs. If I remember correctly he says that if you have 10,000 miles on the stock plugs and it has been driven like these cars were made to do then you might as well replace them. He has a lot of great information on his forum.I did my plugs when I installed the same mods as you. I used the VMP tune to get me to the Dyno so I could get it Dyno tuned. Hope that helps.

PM/email Justin.

+1

I would ask Justin. I don't think you need to change until you get over 13 psi of boost. I am also running the TR6's gapped at .035 but I have a pullied TVS with other mods.

I have a tune from justin for 2.59 pulley and steeda cold air. with the factory plugs at high revs I would get a pop thru the exhaust.

A friend told me my intake charge was hot well i emailed justin and he said if plugs had some mileage to chang them. So thats what I did went with tr6 gaped at .035 no more pop...my tune was a little rich So I put a bbk 65mm throttle body on and that made a big difference boost comes on quick.

mods :censored:

steeda cold air

vmp 2.59 pulley

bbk65mm throttle body

steeda heat exchanger

tr6 plugs gap .035

bassani race axle back

Archived