TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does Shelby tune customers GT500?

Buford

I'm looking at buying a GT500 in the next week or two. I live in North Las Vegas (medically retired Air Force). I know they are located here and one of the cars I have looked at has intake, exhaust and I am really not sure if its been tuned or not. Not being a guy to trust that it's been tuned right, I would like to get it looked at and possibly retuned....... AND probably throw on a different pulley =).

Can Shelby tune customers cars? If not, where is the best place to go in this area? If there is not a good dyno tune shop, who does the best mail order tunes? Thanks!!!!!

Justin

I'm looking at buying a GT500 in the next week or two. I live in North Las Vegas (medically retired Air Force). I know they are located here and one of the cars I have looked at has intake, exhaust and I am really not sure if its been tuned or not. Not being a guy to trust that it's been tuned right, I would like to get it looked at and possibly retuned....... AND probably throw on a different pulley =).

Can Shelby tune customers cars? If not, where is the best place to go in this area? If there is not a good dyno tune shop, who does the best mail order tunes? Thanks!!!!!

Justin

Shelby American can certainly tune your GT500 at our Speed Shop. The Shelby Speed Shop is a full service speed shop complete with an in ground dyno. Give them a call or stop on by.

http://www.shelbyams.com/

Steve

Gil is a master tuner at the Shelby shop and he'll get it running like a champ by the time he's done with it.

+1

The guys at the Speed Shop are a great bunch!

I had my 09 KR tuned by Gil after they added the TVS. No aftermarket pulley, just the stock bolt-on TVS and Gil's tuning, KR pulled 588rwhp.

My wife and I took the KR for a cruise again yesterday, car runs beautifully. Smooth as ever, no codes thrown, easier to drive than before with the wonderful TVS torque curve. Pulls like a freight train! :happy feet:

Also, the Shelby Performance Shop is just a cool place to hang around while the guys are dyno tuning. Great fun to watch them at work on the dyno through a window in the Service Lounge. A TV in the lounge also shows the dyno results real time so you can actually see them make fine-tuning adjustments, then see the results immediately after another pull.

My sig lists the mods on our car, all were performed at SA. I would recommend Gil and the gang in a heart beat. :rockon:

Cheers,

Mark

post-29099-0-40100700-1299947784_thumb.jpg

I also live in North Vegas and yes Shelby American can tune your car, but it is pricey and you still have to buy an SCT or Diablo tuner. I went with VMP, Evolution has a good tuner also and can set your car up with all of your upgrades. I believe there is a back log on dyno tuning cars (til April) at Shelby American, give them a call.

Justin

Im a long way from Vegas but, I have someone tune my car. I prefer to be there when it is being done and like the idea of sing the AF mixture and the chart and discussing with the tuner what will be done next ect. May be a bit pricey but, well worth it. Gil and his crew do top notch work. Quality is not cheap

I also live in North Vegas and yes Shelby American can tune your car, but it is pricey and you still have to buy an SCT or Diablo tuner. I went with VMP, Evolution has a good tuner also and can set your car up with all of your upgrades. I believe there is a back log on dyno tuning cars (til April) at Shelby American, give them a call.

Gil told me that I would have to buy a DiabloSport tuner. Did he tell you SCT was an option? If so, I wonder why he couldn't tune with my Livewire. :headscratch:

• 4 years later...

Too far away or I'd recommend the guys at Power by the Hour in B. Beach FL and is why everyone ships their cars to them

Archived