TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Owner of a 68 Shelby GT 500 KR

Jimmy Sugan

My dad handed his 68 Shelby GT500KR down to me and brother last Thursday!!! :happy feet: With only 23865 miles! Here is some history of the car. He bought it Dec 16 1968, for ONLY $4850.28. The car has always been garaged kept . Does not have the original motor. Back in 68 his plans were to race the car. So 2 weeks after he purchased the car he pulled the 428 sold it and replaced it with a 427. I know some will not like that. Blew the 427 up in the 80s and put a 390 in to get it in and out of the garage. The car has sat there since then. He gave us all the paperwork including the original title, all registration cards, and all service records.

Our plans are to put a 427 back in it, because he wants to see it raced again(dont get me wrong we also will try to get a correct 428). That will not happen for a few years until my Shelby is paid off or I sell my racecar(problem is that is not for sale). He saved everthing that came with the car except the motor. We need to change the side stripes back to GT500KR. He took them off after he bought the car. Later though the years he found a set of GT500 stripes and put them back on. Car has alittle rust on the driverside door. Other than that it is imaculate.

I dont post much on any websites, but hope to see some of you guys at Carlise.

My dad handed his 68 Shelby GT500KR down to me and brother last Thursday!!! :happy feet: With only 23865 miles! Here is some history of the car. He bought it Dec 16 1968, for ONLY $4850.28. The car has always been garaged kept . Does not have the original motor. Back in 68 his plans were to race the car. So 2 weeks after he purchased the car he pulled the 428 sold it and replaced it with a 427. I know some will not like that. Blew the 427 up in the 80s and put a 390 in to get it in and out of the garage. The car has sat there since then. He gave us all the paperwork including the original title, all registration cards, and all service records.

Our plans are to put a 427 back in it, because he wants to see it raced again(dont get me wrong we also will try to get a correct 428). That will not happen for a few years until my Shelby is paid off or I sell my racecar(problem is that is not for sale). He saved everthing that came with the car except the motor. We need to change the side stripes back to GT500KR. He took them off after he bought the car. Later though the years he found a set of GT500 stripes and put them back on. Car has alittle rust on the driverside door. Other than that it is imaculate.

I dont post much on any websites, but hope to see some of you guys at Carlise.

You lucky son of a :hysterical: Forget me wishing I had a wealthy relative, I would be happy to accept the title to a Shelby, even more, a classic Shelby. Thats awsome, congrads to you! Good luck with it. When you guys are done, try not to be so shy with here. :shift: Take here around the block often.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived